WSOP Main Event Discussion Thread (***Contains Spoilers***)

17Fabrizio17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We do know for certain how he went in...

4774302677_69cfcb3e11.jpg

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
There's a guy playing it from my hometown (or at least where I've been living for the past 15yrs.). I discovered this when my neighbour told me about a friend of his having won a WSOP MnEv. pkg. in that pokerstars 200seat guar. tourney. I scrolled the lobby & found who I thought was 'the guy.. his 'friend' ' but it turned out the guy I found was 'another guy' who is also from here (town/City of only ~7,000 pop., everyone knows everyone..... or at least knows someone from their family).
So... I run this 'other guy's ' name on Google, find him on P5's, & see that he's an MTT reg., playing avg. buyin $50+ with over 2,500 mtt's played. Search him some more & see that he's up in profit well over $100k ("stake me please!!", lol, joking... sort of). Then with his Stars sn I think... "hmm... perhaps that's part of his last name?" So I pull out the phone book & sure enough it is (I find him there). I pm him & discover he's made it through Day1 with ~45,000 chips so I'll be following his progress for Day2.
Kind of weird how it came about... hoping I've made a new contact to 'talk poker' with here in my area (not too many here who I speak with about it... actually really only one guy & he multi-tables PLO cash tables at limits way higher than I ever play & we don't share too much in common aside from suffering badbeats & making the odd score, lol.). Hoping I've made myself a new, local nlhe MTT contact (which could be very cool!!).

Wondering how onlybridge is doing? Does anyone have an update on him?

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Dusty Schmidt is out in Day 1B.. but CC'er Paul "GiantBuddha" Hoppe made it to Day 2 with about 42K in chips.

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's a guy playing it from my hometown (or at least where I've been living for the past 15yrs.). I discovered this when my neighbour told me about a friend of his having won a WSOP MnEv. pkg. in that Pokerstars 200seat guar. tourney. I scrolled the lobby & found who I thought was 'the guy.. his 'friend' ' but it turned out the guy I found was 'another guy' who is also from here (town/City of only ~7,000 pop., everyone knows everyone..... or at least knows someone from their family).
So... I run this 'other guy's ' name on Google, find him on P5's, & see that he's an MTT reg., playing avg. buyin $50+ with over 2,500 mtt's played. Search him some more & see that he's up in profit well over $100k ("stake me please!!", lol, joking... sort of). Then with his Stars sn I think... "hmm... perhaps that's part of his last name?" So I pull out the phone book & sure enough it is (I find him there). I pm him & discover he's made it through Day1 with ~45,000 chips so I'll be following his progress for Day2.
Kind of weird how it came about... hoping I've made a new contact to 'talk poker' with here in my area (not too many here who I speak with about it... actually really only one guy & he multi-tables PLO cash tables at limits way higher than I ever play & we don't share too much in common aside from suffering badbeats & making the odd score, lol.). Hoping I've made myself a new, local nlhe MTT contact (which could be very cool!!).

haha, that's nuts! I hope ur friend does well in it. Keep us upto date on how he does if u can m8.

Hope Annette.O does well!! :D

isaac

isaac

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's a guy playing it from my hometown (or at least where I've been living for the past 15yrs.). I discovered this when my neighbour told me about a friend of his having won a WSOP MnEv. pkg. in that Pokerstars 200seat guar. tourney. I scrolled the lobby & found who I thought was 'the guy.. his 'friend' ' but it turned out the guy I found was 'another guy' who is also from here (town/City of only ~7,000 pop., everyone knows everyone..... or at least knows someone from their family).

So cool dude!

with my calculations so far without anymore buyins i believe there are 7.2k people entered according to the WSOP for 1a 1b 1c and 1d, but more people can buy in right?

That means something like a 72 million right?

Leo 50

Leo 50

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hellmuth needs to concentrate on poker and stop with the stupid entrances.
He always claims that the WSOP Main Event is "this is my life" but he arrives late,
makes some stupid entrance and then thinks the chips should just come his way.

If he wants to get another bracelet I think he needs to make an adjustment to his attitude

Just MHO

:cool:

H

HomeBrewer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not quite sure what you mean. I realize that AA's are better than KK's. What I said was that KK's suckout on AA's a lot (it seems). But the way it went down was very dramatic.

Maybe you can explain what you meant (I'll do my best to read through the sarcasm)......;)

That is what I was getting at...

Good job at reading through the sarcasm :p

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Thats pretty cool, would be nice if I knew some people in rl who play poker,

Good Luck Giant Budda and OB hope you guys go deep. Wow helmuths enterance this year was pretty much horrible and embarrasing. I bet the money he got for it wasnt embarrasing though.

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So cool dude!

That means something like a 72 million right?

I think it's closer to $68 Mil cause they take the rake out of the pool.

While most live and online tournies would be listed like $100+$20, the WSOP just lists the buyin and then takes the rake away. In essence, I believe the ME is more like $9400+$600, something like that.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From the WSOP page

The Following Take-Out Percentages Will Be Withheld From the Buy-In for House Fees and Dealer/Staff Tokes
Buy-InTake-Out
$500.00 10%
$1000.00 10%
$1500.00 10%
$2000.00 9%
$2500.00 8%
$3000.00 8%
$5000.00 6%
$10,000.00 6%
$25,000.00 5%
$50,000.00 4%

GiantBuddha

GiantBuddha

Poker Warrior - DTB Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the sweat guys. My Day 2 is Saturday, which will probably be really big since Day 1D is always the largest. At least I get to start in the Amazon room this time. I'll be updating my Twitter every time something interesting happens.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the sweat guys. My Day 2 is Saturday, which will probably be really big since Day 1D is always the largest. At least I get to start in the Amazon room this time. I'll be updating my Twitter every time something interesting happens.

Post twitter please!

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hellmuth needs to concentrate on poker and stop with the stupid entrances.
He always claims that the WSOP Main Event is "this is my life" but he arrives late,
makes some stupid entrance and then thinks the chips should just come his way.

If he wants to get another bracelet I think he needs to make an adjustment to his attitude

Just MHO

:cool:

I tottaly agree with u m8. He needs to stop thinkin he's number one with the bracelet's (yes he is at the top w/ 11 but Ivey will over take that soon) and stop w/ the silly entrances.
He says he doesn't get upset at busting out in tournamanets anymo, and I hope so. But his image needs to change. Hellmuth is a very good tournament player and I hope he wins his 12th bracelet one day.

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Good Luck m8!!! Hope u run deep on sat!!

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

I'm now following.

----------------------------

So, I was looking through my twitter and getting rid of a couple of people... and found out that one of my favorite video game creators, George Broussard (creator of Duke Nukem) is a poker player and playing in the main event. He was playing in 1D and made it past Day 1 with about 32K in chips left.

http://twitter.com/georgeb3dr

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This was a good one (via Pokernews.com)

Alejandro Quattrini and Scott Herd just had a super rare occurrence happen over at Table 295 in the Blue section of Amazon. First, Herd raised, Quattrini reraised, Herd moved all in and after some time in the tank, Quattrini folded pocket kings face up. Herd showed him that he made a good laydown, tabling two aces.
Just ten minutes later, Quattrini raised to 400 from under the gun before Herd reraised to 1,050 from the hijack seat. Quattrini moved all in for 22,675 and Herd went into the tank.
"You know what, I'm going to return the favor," said Herd as he tossed pocket kings into the muck face up. Quattrini showed that he had two aces.
What are the chances the same two players fold kings to aces preflop against each other in opposite spots within ten minutes of each other? And in the WSOP Main Event? WOW!

Lol at 4bet shoves with those stack sizes

Grossberger

Grossberger

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have Brandon Adams on my fantasy poker list.... he took a horrific beat that has crippled him:

Brandon Adams and Paulo Rink just tangled up in a pot perfect for the TV cameras.

It was a preflop all in, and it was aces against kings. Adams had the
ah.gif
da.gif
and Rink the
kc.gif
kh.gif
, and a big crowd of media and players gathered around the table as they heard, "All in and a call, Table 284!"

The flop drew a big reaction from the assembled group as it came out
as.gif
ks.gif
3d.gif
to give both players their set but leave Rink dead to the case king. The turn
3h.gif
was most certainly not a king; The
kd.gif
on the river, however -- that was in fact a king, the last one in the deck and the only saving card for Rink. Quads beat aces full every day, and Rink has doubled up to 63,000.

On the flip side, that sick beat has left Adams with just 3,900 lonely chips.
Just another example of a live hand that would be screaming rigged if it happened online.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Good luck Paul!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
haha, that's nuts! I hope ur friend does well in it. Keep us upto date on how he does if u can m8.

Hope Annette.O does well!! :D

Well.... he's not my 'friend'... 'yet'... but am working on it, LOL.

Seriously though... I've been trying to seek out others to talk poker with for a very long, long, long time & to come across a guy who's a MTT reg. right in my town is very cool.

WSOP