• Poll closed .
dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm really rooting for Phil Ivey, but wouldn't mind seeing Darvin Moon take it. I like rooting for the underdog, but Ivey is one of my favorites. If anyone can come from behind and knock Moon away from his big stack I'd say it's Ivey.

flint

flint

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aliengenius, I have to agree with you the odds on Cada were too good to miss. I get a 13x return if he wins. Go Cada!

retrogamer

retrogamer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am definetly cheering for Ivey. He is no doubt the best out there as he continues to prove it. He has 2 bracelets at the 2009 wsop already, and now he is at the final table of the NL Holdem main event! and hold`em isnt even his best game!! But the guy is out of this world amazing and I hope he takes it down. But for some reason I think Joe cada might shock us. Time will tell, its on novemeber 7th right ?

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Since this is more fitting here (I posted my predictions in the November thread), I'll post it here, too... although I want Phil Ivey to win and am rooting for him:

9th place
Antoine Saout - 2nd shortest stack, good player, but I think he's going to end up making a small mistake before Akenhead does, or get rivered. Being one of the shorter stacks, I'm thinking we'll see him pushing a few all-ins early on.

8th place
Kevin Schaffel - I really don't know a whole lot about him, bit I know he's another good player, but I just don't think he's good enough to outlast the other two shorter stacks.

7th place
James Akenhead - Very good player, but almost didn't make it.. he doubled up to around where he is now by going all-in with KQ and cracking AA with a K-Q-J flop. Very small stack.. I think his luck may run out.

6th place
Steve Begleiter - He'll play well in the beginning, but I think he'll donk it up somewhere around the middle and piss his chips away.

5th place
Joe Cada - Good young player, tries to steal every now and then, but usually knows when to fold. I think he's just going to get beat by the more experienced players at the table.

4th place
Eric Buchman - 2nd largest stack. Another very good player, but I'm counting him out at 4th place.

3rd place
Phil Ivey - I hate to say it.. but I don't think Ivey is going to win it. As much as I want him to, and am still rooting for him. I think he'll be out at 3rd, unless he can double up earlier or increase his chip stack earlier (hopefully grab some of Begleiter's chips), then I see him out at 3rd.

2nd place
Darvin Moon - Very good amateur player, been hitting those cards, too. But I think Schulman's going to outplay him.

1st place
Jeff Schulman - My prediction for 2009 WSOP Champion.

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not bad on the predictions there Mortis. Here are mine:
9th: James Akenhead - he's said in interviews over the past few days that because the pay jump is very flat from about 9th to 5th, they have basically encouraged action early on at the final table. I think there is only a $36K jump from 8th to 9th. Akenhead is known to be aggressive. Everyone is talking about how IF he doubles up, he'll be a force and could actually win it. Which is exactly why he'll be out first. He seems like a nice enough guy so I'd be ok if he went further or won it, but I just don't see it happening.

8th: Antoine Saout - Impressive list of cashes over the past 4 months. But he failed to come back from a shortstack at the WSOP-E Main Event. I just don't see him doing it here either.

7th: Joe Cada - Maybe I've been biased by ESPN showing him basically getting crushed by Ivey (except one hand).

6th: Steve Begleiter - Hellmuth believes he'll get in a big pot early on with Buchman and whoever wins will be there towards the end. If that's true, then I'll go with Buchman on that one. Steve is still an amateur after all, and he can be a bit wild.

5th: Darvin Moon - I'm going against conventional wisdom and a guy who has 30% of the chips in play. He showed he has some game during the ESPN broadcasts (it wasn't all AA, KK, and sets that got him there). I do believe this guy is generally tight, but I don't believe he'll keep getting hit in the face with the deck. I think he takes two bad beats, gets short, doesn't know how to play short and busts out 5th in a shocker.

4th: Eric Buchman - Everyone has pumped this guy up and he believes it too. He came accross with that New York cockyness lately and I think it costs him towards the end.

3rd: Jeff Shulman - Coached by Hellmuth, who claims he will have some brand new tactic that Shulman will be using and shocking the world with. So we'll see. He probably could have gotten to 3rd without Hellmuth's coaching.

2nd: Kevin Schaffel - I think he's going to be one of the surprises that puts a dent in Darvin. He's been relatively quiet, and I just have a feeling he'll go deep.

1st: Phil Ivey - If you saw some of the video on ESPN from the November Nine photoshoot yesterday, Ivey was all business. He's not that shortstacked to start and I believe he'll have these guys figured out already. He wants to win this. If he doesn't, it may be awhile before he gets another crack it. Make the most of this one Phil.

X

X__Gandalf__X

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he can pick up some decent cards early, it'll be Ivey all the way

X

Xavier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a feeling Jeff Shulman will win.

three3y3

three3y3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have a feeling shullman might pull it off...or sout....ivey i think will be third or fourth..if hes heads up hes winning against anyone barring getting caught.......phillips had the massive chip lead and bullied/ pussed his chips away..moon i think is a better poker player so well see i know everyone def wants to see...he might just chill and wait for monsters ..but with that many chips im sure hell be playing alot of hands

JLtrooper

JLtrooper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aikenhead. He is an established pro who knows how to play a short stack. Shulman and Ivey will get their money in with the best hands and get drawn out on by the amateurs. Moon and Aikenhead heads up, Moon with a 3:1 chip lead. Moon eventually donks off his chips due to pressure/inexperienced heads up play. Just my 2 cents.

brackdog

brackdog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Begleiter. Because the investment banker will always find a way to get his hands on your money.

bd

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's getting close to WSOP Final table crunch time and I am extremely excited to see how this goes.

I really hope Phil Ivey wins, he sure deserves it - he is an excellent player and one of the greatest ambassadors for poker + awesome entertainment on Poker After Dark.

Who do you want to win and why?

Ivey for the above reasons. Maybe the best part of watching the WSOP this year is hearing over & over & over that Ivey is without question the best poker player in the world. Hope this is driving di--head, er I mean Helmuth up the wall. :)

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Is it okay to post spoilers and talk about what's going on right now in the tournament in this thread?

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it okay to post spoilers and talk about what's going on right now in the tournament in this thread?

was wondering that too. maybe should make a new thread with spoilers listed in the heading.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No spoilers in here! Seriously. Make another thread if you want, but don't spoil my "Lay down on the couch and watch something other than dull sit-coms and crappy movies" time!

ethon

ethon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll take Buchman/Cada on the FT.

Put me down for 5u.

retrogamer

retrogamer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow im loving my $5 bet a few days ago on cada. I get paid 12/1 if he wins. =]

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No spoilers please! Some of us are waiting for ESPN coverage because I can't stand listening to it and not being able to see it!:p

SydTheCat

SydTheCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Moon is a great player and a really nice average guy. Reminds me of Phillips from last year. Ivey is the other obvious choice but is short stacked and Mooon is playing solid big stack poker.

I wouldn't call him great (Ivey is great). Moon was a card rack, he even admits that he was being dealt great cards, and he doesnt belong there.
Yeah, he does remind me of Phillips too. Remember, Phillips had a big lead and lost a lot of chips early. Moon should be careful too.

WSOP