• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nick, I think if Ivey wins it will be the last piece of his puzzle he has been looking for for quite some time. It will solidify many observers claim that he could be argued to be the best ever. If he plays his usual best, he will be very tough to beat.

I can't wait to watch.

canucks921

canucks921

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ivey is who I will be rooting for as of right now, but as the episodes keep airing on TV I might find a character that captures my heart.

DaBigBoss

DaBigBoss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess I'll go with the US pro Phil Ivey, it will be about time a pro gets the title back.

Grossberger

Grossberger

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone but Jeff Schulman. He's such a hypocrite.

I agree

This guy named MOON was high-lighted on the front page of the Washington Post...seems very down to earth and a nice guy...I'll be routing for him!:) :) :) :)

he does have the chip lead but I'm sure he'll start playing to many hands or make crazy raises and lose it all.

jeff shulman, hes playing for the money, and says it

Yea he says he will throw the bracelet in the garbage because the wsop won't use his magazine or something childish like that I hope he slips in a coma for the 2 days the final table runs.

Grossberger

Grossberger

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to see Ivey also however something tells me Akenhead is going to pull this out.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I like moon because he's the dennis phillips of last year but im pullin for ivey becaue he def deserves it.

I don't know why people are comparing Darvin Moon to Dennis Phillips. Yes, they were both chip leaders going into the FT, but Phillips is way more likable and has more of a personality than Moon. Plus Phillips got the whole concept of being an ambassador for poker. Something Moon wants nothing to be apart of.

Maybe this video will explain why the comparison.

3:27 - 6:08

YouTube - WSOP 2009 E24 4/5 Main Event Day 6 World Series of Poker 2009

Lon: "Two gentlemen seemingly cut from the same cloth, now sharing the limelight"

M

MFaith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Darvin Moon for me; I tend to root for the unknown and besides he's from Maryland!

J

jijiboss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite is Phil Ivey. I really like his style. Is one of the best poker players and he deserves it

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who's at the final table? I haven't bene watching recently.:(

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm for Shulman. I know everyone's pissy about the "throwing the bracelet in the garbage" comment, but at least the dude's honest. He's in it for the money (as was damn near EVERYONE ELSE in the tourney) and isn't ashamed about saying so. I know winning the ME brings with it all the fame and celebrity and prestige, but when you boil it down, players play for the 8+ million first place, not for the bling associated with it.

I will give one caveat though. I think Ivey will take it down. He's just too damn good. But at least Shulman had the balls to be honest.

For example: A single guy tries to get a girlfriend to get liad. Yeah, there's all the nicities of having said girlfriend, and the guy won't admit publicly that he is with the woman because he likes having poon on tap, but that is the whole reason he got into the relationship. Same with the ME.

canucks921

canucks921

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why I want Ivey to win the Main Event.

I'm actually a guy who is always rooting for the underdogs but I want to throw this idea out here and get your responses to it.

I've been listening to poker podcasts lately and they say if Darvin Moon wins there will be another poker boom and it will be the best thing for poker. As a US player I'm actually rooting for Ivey and here is why.

If Ivey wins can the PPA (Poker Players Alliance) use Ivey's win to get online poker legal in the US again. It seems like if a pro, especially a well known pro like Ivey wins the Main Event it stands out that Poker is a game of skill. This might add some ammo for legalizing poker.

While Moon would be a great story, I think Ivey's win could turn the tides on the state of online poker. your thoughts?

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Darvin Moon is a Russ Hamilton look-a-like, a.k.a. the typical fat white American.

I think you're right, it might help get legislation passed, though it looks like we're well on that track as it is with a whole bunch of co-sponsors to the bills which will be voted on sooner or later.

It's the year of the black imo. The first black President, the first black Main Event winner, and I hear there is not going to be one white guy on the Lakers this season.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want him to win cuz I got some minuscule pieces of the brat........:D

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lon: "Two gentlemen seemingly cut from the same cloth, now sharing the limelight"

Lon can say whatever, that doesn't make it true. The fact that Moon has no sponsors and has flat out said on ESPN Poker Edge and Inside Deal that he doesn't want the limelight is a big enough difference between him and Phillips.

L

luckforsome

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
...im hoping ivey wins...i think it wil cement his name as a great...i am disgusted the lisandro was givung player of the year....i know he won 3 bracelets which is a fantasti achievemmnt...
but
ivey has won 2 bracelets, and ft of main event, the whole purpose of WSOP
i think they should always delay the result of player of year until after final table...because if ivey wins, which i believe he will, there will be no question at all that hes the years best and worlds best...
and i dont think he minds a huge deal about he money...he made abut 15million i think on bets aout winning 2 bracelets....he prb put a million on himself before the ME....but i think its a huge deal to get this bracelet, and to be awarded player of the year would be a huge acomplihsment, i do think it would mean more to him than any other player...

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope Ivey wins, but he would have to get some good cards to make up his chip deficit. All the November 9 are very good players, but if Darvin Moon doesn't play dumb, I bet he will win. If he makes heads up play with a big chip lead he most likely will win.

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
...im hoping ivey wins...i think it wil cement his name as a great...i am disgusted the lisandro was givung player of the year....i know he won 3 bracelets which is a fantasti achievemmnt...
but
ivey has won 2 bracelets, and ft of main event, the whole purpose of WSOP
i think they should always delay the result of player of year until after final table...because if ivey wins, which i believe he will, there will be no question at all that hes the years best and worlds best...
and i dont think he minds a huge deal about he money...he made abut 15million i think on bets aout winning 2 bracelets....he prb put a million on himself before the ME....but i think its a huge deal to get this bracelet, and to be awarded player of the year would be a huge acomplihsment, i do think it would mean more to him than any other player...

I agree with this. If Ivey wins 3 events, one of them being the main, that should be it right there. The main event should be worth more than the standard 100 points.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Lon can say whatever, that doesn't make it true. The fact that Moon has no sponsors and has flat out said on ESPN Poker Edge and Inside Deal that he doesn't want the limelight is a big enough difference between him and Phillips.

I didn't say it was true. They are very different, and I was confused by the comparison as well.

I just said that's probably where the comparison started.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Id like to see Ivey win it, but im rooting for James Akenhead, the Brit :top:, a runner-up in a bracelet event last year and also made the final table of this years WSOPE ME.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't have any emotional attachment to any of them so I really don't care at the moment. I've been watching the MainEvent play down on tv the past couple of weeks (am actually watching right now at this very moment, lol). I read the write-ups about each of the players in bluff mag. but still didn't want one player to win over another.
I'd have to say Phil Ivey. He's a great player and would be cool to see him take it down. I'm not sure how big the blinds are for when they start out so I don't know how deep of their stacks are (saw the chip counts but without knowing the size of the blinds it didn't mean a real lot to me). Anyone know how deep each of them are? ('M' value.. .or # of bb's,... or just what the blinds & antes are at).

Go Phil!!!

I notice alot of peeps say that they'd like to see a pro win the MainEvent. Not sure if they're meaning 'a pro they're familiar with from TV'... or just a 'pro' in general.

J

JOKERKING

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Darvin Moon is a Russ Hamilton look-a-like, a.k.a. the typical fat white American.

I think you're right, it might help get legislation passed, though it looks like we're well on that track as it is with a whole bunch of co-sponsors to the bills which will be voted on sooner or later.

It's the year of the black imo. The first black President, the first black Main Event winner, and I hear there is not going to be one white guy on the Lakers this season.

false statement, lakers have quite a few "white guys" in their current roster:

Luke Walton
Sasha Vujacic
Adam Morrison
Tony Gaffney
Pau Gassol
Jordan Farmar(mixed i think)

thats about 6 out the current 15 players on lakers(none of them get a lot of playing time though except gasol lol).

kind of an irrelevant topic but just had to comment on that part.:rolleyes:

Douggyfr3sh

Douggyfr3sh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really hope this year is Ivey's year

C

chipshuffler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really hope this year is Ivey's year

I also hope this. Ivey has been great for poker worldwide.

He has tried and best and is at the moment IMO the best poker player in the world going aroung. I believe that he should win as he has certainly earned his position and this would just seal his spot as number 1 in the world.

WSOP