Would you play differently, if somebody would watch you?

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If someone is watching or cheering while playing it doesn’t affect my game, at most it just distracts me a little bit from what’s happening on the table which isn’t good, but with a little care you can strengthen the focus.
Good luck.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"The Big Brother is watching you...."
"somebody" is always watching you.... so probably not much....

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a psychological thing I guess, so probably it is possible but a pro shouldn't care less about such.

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My dad used to be good player and sometimes he plays in CC freerolls, he played most of latest tourneys. And he usually watch me when I play. I feel kinda pressure prevent some of my crazy moves but it doesn't really affect. He just don't favour my agressive playings and bluffs :D
Yesterday I was playing all alone and won CC 100$. It was same when I came second place at CC 1000$ monthly, few days ago. When someone watch my game, I usually try to give explanations of every cruicial actions I make in case to be instructive among friends who have less experience.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would play more concentrated if someone like a coach would watching my game to review afterwards. Other than that, no.

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No I do not think so. If somebody watched my game, I would also play myself, although maybe more responsibly)

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While no one is watching) so no, I will play like this. I'll play like a fish

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I would play the same. The point is to play my best, not entertain someone with a "crazy or sick" play.

sergui72

sergui72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think everyone would play differently. Streamers, for example, play differently. They do not want to embarrass themselves and therefore try to play without mistakes and not make a fool in the game)

Jdawglet

Jdawglet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I haven’t had anyone watch, but I have had people around when I’ve made it late in tournaments. Having them ask me every couple of hands how I was doing I think made me play better. I was playing smarter and not rushing into decisions based on “I think he’s bluffing” moments only to lose big pots.

Someone above mentioned talking out your thoughts as a way to do better…I think I’ll try that!

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends

This "watch" means watch me or my cards?
If means " watches me" I would play the same!

Watching my cards: no way, showing my cards is showing my game!

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
probably not. I just understand you need to be focused on every hand if you want to play profitable poker. If you make snap actions you waste your time in long run, because making good results take you much more time overall. Even if you play micro limits just think what you are doing. Because you can't repeat this hand again if you play a hand wrong. Just play your best and don't overfold and don't wide up you range without a reason : )

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I'm playing a brick and mortar game, and somebody was watching, I wouldn't be playing.

Online, I wouldn't care.

PINOY

PINOY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always act differently :D, you need to be little bit unpredictable so opponent will have hard time exploiting you.

C

Complx_Poker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, definitely, I often show sensible folds pre-flop when a friend is watching. However, sometimes, I like to let them go on a ride with me, being more aggressive, which is typical of me post flop with someone watching, just not taking any sh!t from anyone. I have even said, here, you look at my cards, I won't look, and I'll play blind. They know what i'm doing, but I have no idea, it can be quite fun sometimes, especially when I hit monster hands.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

If the one looking at me is someone who plays poker, I would not want him to learn how to play. :D

MMaki1981

MMaki1981

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know I play differently when hubby is watching me, just because we have a different style of play and it makes me more self conscious since I know he doesn't always agree with my choices.

However, I am not sure if I would play differently if any one else was watching me or not. I have a feeling its like typing - you could type 100wpm with no errors but once someone watches you, then you can't get 10 words out without out screwing every one of them up;)

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not care. I'm tuning in to the game. I'm sticking to the plan.

vonabruch

vonabruch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play worse, I’m not comfortable and not comfortable when someone looks at my monitor, since my family doesn’t understand anything in poker, they’ll help .. maybe an incident during the game and the advice of an experienced player would change the style of my game, I think that at my micro limit, I have errors mostly in ICM

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No it will be the same ,after all it's my money if I loose .why do I play different ?

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes and it has happened in the past. I take less risk when I am being watched.

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Someone watching, that will cause distraction, distration will certainly degrade performance, is this sound logical to you? But in reality, we have to resist outside influence and be focused.

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It doesn't make much difference if they're watching me or not. I'm still playing the way I can. The main thing is that they watch in silence...