Would it be good to teach the children to play poker?

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I don't think it's a good idea to teach children to gamble because it's something that involves money and children are very inconsequential and could end up harming themselves if they don't have any judgment
But why do you see something bad in the game of poker, then all professional poker players are bad in your opinion.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I don't think it's a good idea to teach children to gamble because it's something that involves money and children are very inconsequential and could end up harming themselves if they don't have any judgment
Children are much smarter than we think!

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have learned to play poker since I was 10 years old, I think it would be good to learn poker as a child and if it goes well, then from the age of 18 you can start making money
I started playing card games even before I went to school. And I'm not exaggerating, I played cards when I was 4 or 5 years old. I don't have children, but if I did, I definitely wouldn't teach them to play card games. In my opinion, children should do sports, music, but poker is definitely not for children :)

A

Adventurebound2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This is a very serious thing to consider.

Of course poker teaches math, money management if done properly and strategy. But it also teaches how to risk money on the odds of winning.

Worst of all it teaches when a parent is bluffing. Our kids look up to us to always be honest. If they catch you bluffing too much they will loose that sacred trust in you.

S

srdjan.musikic5

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
ME
Chips
I have learned to play poker since I was 10 years old, I think it would be good to learn poker as a child and if it goes well, then from the age of 18 you can start making money
No that's should be forbidden,I learn with 8 , still gambling addicted!!

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think... there is no need to take away childhood from children....

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think there's nothing wrong with poker since it's another mental sport like chess and I think it would be good if they taught it in schools or universities.

Bummy

Bummy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
In my opinion, teaching as one of the types of game that makes you think ahead, predict the actions of others and is just an interesting game - yes. But to teach that you need to lose money or make big bets in the hope of making money - definitely not.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Although I am not very much in favor of it, I taught my granddaughters at the time when they were 12 and 14 years old, I recently taught my grandson when I was 15 years old, I started between 13 and 15 years old

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I feel that poker, involving money, shouldn't be taught to children because they won't understand the responsibility that comes with managing it

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have no children. But I know for sure that I would not want my children to learn to play poker. Gambling is not entertainment for children.