Would it be good to teach the children to play poker?

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I have learned to play poker since I was 10 years old, I think it would be good to learn poker as a child and if it goes well, then from the age of 18 you can start making money

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips

Teaching your child how to play a game, not to mention gambling. The child learns quickly and even a form of fun may have negative consequences in the future. It is better to teach the child games that require predicting and understanding the consequences of one's own choices, such as chess, and later, when the child understands the game, it is better to teach poker as a form of fun than gambling.​

exer888

exer888

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
I have learned to play poker since I was 10 years old, I think it would be good to learn poker as a child and if it goes well, then from the age of 18 you can start making money
I think theres nothing wrong with teaching kids a poker. Its a lot of fun, and they can improve logic and a lot of stuff with poker. gambling is irellavant in my opinion. Poker is not all about gambling.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Learn to play , by a senior family member , just for fun homegames , is one thing , allowing them to play for real money early in their life is another (bad) thing ....

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont like introducing gambling to kids

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Define "learned"

Arthurinacio17a

Arthurinacio17a

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
no, many would become addicted from a young age

HistrionCriollo

HistrionCriollo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
VE
Chips

Enseñarle a su hijo a jugar un juego, sin mencionar las apuestas. El niño aprende rápidamente e incluso una forma de diversión puede tener consecuencias negativas en el futuro. Es mejor enseñar al niño juegos que requieran predecir y comprender las consecuencias de las propias elecciones, como el ajedrez, y más adelante, cuando el niño entienda el juego, es mejor enseñar el póquer como una forma de diversión que el juego.​

I completely agree with this post, developing with other games that improve logic and critical thinking is great for a child, teaching them to play poker is already delicate, I would wait until I was a teenager to give them the best support. All this with good financial education.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd teach them euchre first and at a later time show them poker. Find euchre much more enjoyable and game we play in most social gatherings.

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
There are way more valuable lessons to be learned in childs early age, than learning poker in hope that the kid will start making money with it. Introduce kids to game, see if they are entertained by it, play for fun.

vitas_top

vitas_top

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Learning to play poker as a kid? Why not. But we need to explain to the child when, why and why.

Baoka

Baoka

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
It depends on the child's preferences, but maybe not.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I came to poker myself. I liked the game and started playing it so I think if you have children, you don't need to teach them games. If they like the game, they'll ask you to teach you how to play it or learn how to play it themselves. I think the child prefers he should choose the game he likes

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if the child is interested and has mathematical abilities, then under control I would not mind

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It's probably not worth training specifically. If the child himself wants, why not teach it.

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
They will learn it themselves if there is a desire.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker could definitely help me make money in freerolls when I was in school. Should I teach poker to kids? You know what, I'll tell you that it should! I would even make poker a compulsory subject in schools and universities. And why not? For me poker is much more useful and profitable than studying chemistry or geometry, for example. :geek:

kabokinha

kabokinha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
perhaps as a recreational, non-competitive game with money involved before fully explaining financial education.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't think it's a good idea to teach children to play Poker. Children are hyperactive by nature and would not be able to keep folding hands and hands. Each age has its ideal and I think children should learn sports and group games like stealing the flag. I don't even think chess would be recommended. Children need to move. We are creating a world of sedentary people.

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Teaching children to play online poker raises ethical considerations. While poker involves strategic thinking and mathematical skills, it also introduces concepts like gambling, risk, and money management. Children may lack the emotional maturity to handle the inherent uncertainties and losses. It's crucial to prioritize age-appropriate activities that foster creativity, critical thinking, and social skills. Introducing poker as a game for entertainment with no real money involved is a safer approach, emphasizing responsible gaming values when they are older.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I completely agree, this is a wonderful prospect for a child. Poker develops very useful qualities and is a great way to earn money for a young person. The main thing is that the child himself has a desire for this.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
On the one hand, poker is a game of chance, not at all for the child’s psyche. On the other hand, how to protect a child from poker if a parent’s poker is not only the main source of income, but also a way of life.Boys are still more inclined to play poker than girls.Poker can teach you a lot, give you a lot, if you approach it correctly, from a scientific point of view. A person who wants to do this professionally can acquire a lot of sets and skills.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Definitely yes, I will probably teach my children to play poker around age 10 if he's interested. I am hoping the mental game aspect of poker will be a powerful learning opportunity in adolescence. Discipline, tilt control (acceptance that things can go wrong even when you do everything right), patience - all skills that will be invaluable for him as an adult.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think teaching game theory (which lays good foundation for poker) is a good academic and practical topic to study.

Poker can improve decision making under uncertainty. So it's a good game to play. One just needs to make sure it's not addictive.