J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
There's no difference for being male or female, the difference is gender-independent gameplay.
Who studies more or who is more physical, that's the difference.
And of course luck is also a given fact

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
There's no difference for being male or female, the difference is gender-independent gameplay.
Who studies more or who is more physical, that's the difference.
And of course luck is also a given fact
I think physical development has nothing to do with it.:D
Perhaps you wanted to write: who is more intellectually developed?:rolleyes:
Or maybe I misunderstood you?:confused:

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really don't think Gender has anything to do with success or failure with poker. It is a male majority is playing the game, but the comparison stops there.

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Acho que não me espressei bem
I wanted to say that there is no difference having a man and a woman, who dedicate themselves more to study and then the game wins.
We are all intellectually equal.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
In general, if you remember our game at the same table....You played very tight, called only with a good hand, mostly without bluffing. And it doesn't seem to me that you played differently than usual.:D
And that's why, when we both got into the game for some reason, I thought you were bluffing??...:icon_scra

Although perhaps the reason was that I was constantly losing the Internet...And despite the note about the style of your game, I just couldn't stand this torment.
In the end, I left and you stayed:(

I've ever played ... hmm ... I don't remember, I generally talked about your topic ... I thought it was about that .... and yes i think in what you mentioned is a very important factor in poker, namely ... patience :)

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I've ever played ... hmm ... I don't remember, I generally talked about your topic ... I thought it was about that .... and yes i think in what you mentioned is a very important factor in poker, namely ... patience :)
Well, I'm still a new player on Cardschat, so I'm happy every time I meet familiar faces at the table. :party:
It will pass over time. :D
We crossed paths at "Replаy" over the weekend:)
As for the topic: I gave an example of a recent game. And that's all. :)
Although, this is an online game, and here, probably, the factor you indicated does not work. In live poker, you may be right: men begin to behave uncharacteristically at the table with women. But, I think that the excitement awakens in a man to beat her in the game, to show his superiority. It seems to me that for a man to beat a woman in poker is a kind of challenge. :fight:
This is my opinion, I may be wrong:cool::wink:

Last edited:
SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
OTOH, I've never seen an out-of-shape pro player in my life. Just like in Chess, not only your spirit but also your body need to be fit to make it through one of these long tournaments.

C

Clutchdenier

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If we're going to be objective - men's are better simply by the numbers.

I am a big fan of Liv boeree - also the percentage of women/men playing is a huge difference so that probably plays a part

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hello

Dear members of the community! :ciao:

Many people play poker, both men and women.
But who is better? :icon_scra
Do you think gender affects the quality of poker playing?
Do men play better or do women play better?
What reasons do you have to think so?
:questionm:questionm:questionm:questionm:questionm
Let's discuss it!:top:

The truth says that men and women are equal and have the same capabilities in mastering poker, because the game of poker depends on intelligence, skills and control of feelings, and women and men can be characterized by the same qualities, and the difference remains in their insistence on mastering poker, so I see They are equal.
But the other thing is that most of the professional poker champions are men, and the reason is that there are much more men than women in poker.

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I don't think gender affects the way people play poker. I play online poker, and don't keep looking at pictures or nicknames to find out if i'm playing men or women, it doesn't matter to me, makes no diference.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not convinced either Gender is better than the other, but I do believe a woman can exploit a stereotype that a lot of people have of them not being good players. Just depends on whom you are up against.

I think if the numbers of men and women in poker were more even like 50% of each gender, Then the results would be interesting to see

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
dont think it makes a difference. there seems be to a lot more men than women in poker but i don't think thats down to skill

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

It is strange that this question is done by a woman today... The Poker Women Community is trying to reverse this kind of quite sexist questions. I think we are the same, we have the same mind and same posibilities, being better or worse poker player is only about study and / or skill, it is not a genre issue, and it shouldnt be put in questioning

It's that I think, greetings " chica bonita". :)

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I don't think gender affects the way people play poker. I play online poker, and don't keep looking at pictures or nicknames to find out if i'm playing men or women, it doesn't matter to me, makes no diference.

I agree with you about who plays poker, are they men or women, but what I am sure of is that what I have seen in live poker tournaments is that most of the players are men, and this indicates that most of the poker players are men ;)

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I am not convinced either Gender is better than the other, but I do believe a woman can exploit a stereotype that a lot of people have of them not being good players. Just depends on whom you are up against.

I think if the numbers of men and women in poker were more even like 50% of each gender, Then the results would be interesting to see

dont think it makes a difference. there seems be to a lot more men than women in poker but i don't think thats down to skill

It is strange that this question is done by a woman today... The Poker Women Community is trying to reverse this kind of quite sexist questions. I think we are the same, we have the same mind and same posibilities, being better or worse poker player is only about study and / or skill, it is not a genre issue, and it shouldnt be put in questioning

It's that I think, greetings " chica bonita". :)

I agree with you about who plays poker, are they men or women, but what I am sure of is that what I have seen in live poker tournaments is that most of the players are men, and this indicates that most of the poker players are men ;)
Yes, I absolutely agree with you.
In my opinion, there really is no difference: a woman or a man. Mastery is not determined by gender.
The question was asked only because I was interested in your opinion - Cardschat participants. I am glad that our opinion coincides. :)
Yes, there are indeed more men, but women poker players like Lupe Soto are doing a lot to attract more women to this amazing game. ;)
Thank you for your answers.
loveshower.gif

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is coeded so it really doesn't matter. Only reason why more men have success in the game cause more men play it than women.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It's high time to address the elephant in the room: WHY exactly do we see so much more men than women at the tables? Does it come down to pure biological/psychological differences or is Poker generally regarded as a 'Men's activity', like i.e. hunting or race car driving?

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
It's high time to address the elephant in the room: WHY exactly do we see so much more men than women at the tables? Does it come down to pure biological/psychological differences or is Poker generally regarded as a 'Men's activity', like i.e. hunting or race car driving?
In fact, there are really more men in poker and this is a fact. The question is why? I have an opinion on this, but in no way am I trying to convince someone of my rightness. And I do not claim that my opinion is correct. But this is my opinion and I think so: a woman is essentially the keeper of the hearth. She is engaged in the house, family, children and it is "programmed" in her. In addition, many women work. Hobbies naturally exist and for some it is poker. But, it is difficult for a woman to play poker on a serious level, because her primary values do not coincide with this. In addition, it is a sport related to the financial component. In my opinion, this kind of financial risks also stand in the way of their decision to play poker. Perhaps if they had been supported in their endeavor to play by men, perhaps if they had seen more examples of women's play - they would have decided on this journey.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Sounds about right, Chica. You see the same in many other sports where for every woman you meet there are around ten men. Furthermore I believe this: Two women from totally different cultures are more similar to each other than to the men of their own culture; same also applies to men, of course.

If only men or only women existed (and humans could reproduce asexually), our world would be radically different than it is now. Maybe it wouldn't even work out at all.

791a791

791a791

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
women play more

i think women are a lot less than men but i think women play more

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
i think women are a lot less than men but i think women play more
I don't know why, but I would like to supplement your offer:
...but I think women play more, but in other "games":D;)

WDStipa

WDStipa

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
In poker, as in chess, you don’t need to be physically strong.

What then is the reason that there is a men's and women's chess league separately? I also noticed that there are tournaments on pokerstars where only women can participate.

For some reason, men do better in poker. I realize that there are a lot more male poker players than women, but how many women are in the top 100? Not even a disproportionate number of players can explain that.

In all time money list (https://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/ranking/all-time-money-list/) there is only one woman in the top 100 players, Vanessa Selbst which is in the 74th position on that list. This ranking list includes open and invitational events without any restrictions on the buyin. Recurring (regular daily, weekly, monthly, etc.) events are not included.

What is the reason then? Can we conclude that there are more geniuses among men than geniuses among women? :confused:

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
In poker, as in chess, you don’t need to be physically strong.
What then is the reason that there is a men's and women's chess league separately? I also noticed that there are tournaments on Pokerstars where only women can participate.
For some reason, men do better in poker. I realize that there are a lot more male poker players than women, but how many women are in the top 100? Not even a disproportionate number of players can explain that.
In all time money list (https://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/ranking/all-time-money-list/) there is only one woman in the top 100 players, Vanessa Selbst which is in the 74th position on that list. This ranking list includes open and invitational events without any restrictions on the buyin. Recurring (regular daily, weekly, monthly, etc.) events are not included.
What is the reason then? Can we conclude that there are more geniuses among men than geniuses among women? :confused:
I think these arguments are still not enough. I think that men and women play about the same way. And statistics with such a spread cannot be correct.
Therefore, I do not refer to it in judgments.
If we talk about me: I personally do not think that I play from a row that badly. But I have been very upset lately and this has a very negative effect on my game.:(

xaj9x

xaj9x

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I think that in online poker, it doesn't matter, because you don't see opponents, but in live poker, and if the girl is also very beautiful, she can even use this trump card[emoji3][emoji28][emoji3] Therefore, I think that It's dangerous to play with girls at a live table, but online it doesn't matter[emoji3]