Why are you playing?

C

CornY7Y

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For fun!

I play poker because I really enjoy losing my money! :):):)

N

nwhitney118

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do genuinely enjoy poker and would play it just for fun, however I really want it to be at minimum a solid side hustle so ultimately it's also for money. Probably a 60:40 split. If the money incentive wasn't there I would be playing and studying a lot less.

D

Devspuch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

Poker is cool. One evening you can visit the top and the bottom. It is not good or bad cards that are important, it is important to be able to play with bad ones. What matters is not what cards you actually have, but what they think the enemy is.;)

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I play to improve my game the more i play the more i learn the more i learn the better i play, see you at the tables :five:

The Riff_Raff :cool:

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
For me Poker is just a hobby, I play for fun and I do not let losses upset me.
I have never deposited any money with any of the sites I play on and any money I win through free-rolls just build my bankroll.
Start off small win around £20--£30 from free-rolls then buy into 10 cent sit and goes, until you get around£100 then move up to 25 cent and 50 cent games and as your bankroll builds move up in stakes.
Even now I have over £230 in my pokerstars account But never play any game over a £1 buy in.

Hard work but all my bankroll supplied by Pokerstars players.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I always play for the fun, I know that many millions are won in massive live tournaments but only by a few talented players.
If it was that easy we would all be millionaires, but alas the real truth is they have had years of hard work before reaching the heights they have attained.
My biggest buy-in was £25 and that was a one off.
Most of the time I play in a weekly £5 tourney and win points as well as the cash pot at the end and the top 4 players in the league advance to a free live Tourney in Manchester.

D

Devspuch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very intresting

I enjoy playing poker a lot, I just like the process itself, I don't even know why. I follow every upcoming tournament in which I want to take part and set myself up to go as far as possible there. And I really like it when I play against very strong players.

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play it for the money
But also because of the game and fun
If it was not fun, then I would stop playing after a few weeks even days

E

emisalvo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not play to win money, I only understand it as entertainment and fun!

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play for fun, and if I can win a few dollars that's fine with me.

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker because I like it! For me poker is a hobby and I like play this game :)

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i hope to make a bankroll and play +

94EXPOS

94EXPOS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do I play?

I started playing off and on the year after Chris Moneymaker won the main event at wsop. I started playing line in Phoenix Arizona where my parents wintered. I enjoyed the game and then when I came back home to canada I bought a few books on poker and read and studied them. I did fairly well at micro stakes online and low level stakes live. In June 2010 I even got super lucky and won a bad beat jackpot on party poker at a .25/.50 c limit table to the tune of $75K. Overall I have made a profit around $125K. I used to have a spreadsheet where I kept track of all winnings +/-. I have gone back to playing mostly free rolls now and micro online at poker stars. I just enjoy the game that has been kind to me. :)

007Leon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for i can pay all mi bills, and have totally liberty

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I want to eat all the time, so i need to play... If i did not need to eat, i would start playing 10 times less )))

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Definitely not for the money! My hourly rate is very embarrassing. I love the mental challenge of the game.

S

StackingZChipz209

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play because its fun, stressful and you could make some fundage

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I play for both, money and fun. But, being very sincere, what motivates me is the money and the opportunity to be a better player

Takoyaki

Takoyaki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nowadays I'm trying to get some extra cash, but the volume I play is too low to get anywhere meaningful. Always played poker because I enjoyed the game and these days I'm trying to become a better player. But I lack focus and objectives I guess.

S

sweeper21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like playing to try to win free extra cash. It's also lots of fun. I love it since it is a mind game and trying to bluff people is always fun.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker because its fun and there is a ton of strategies.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I play more for fun than for money so I avoid stress when things go wrong, because when you play for money specifically, you despair when you do poorly at the tables and it only makes you lose more