Why so ANGRY???

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Control of your emotions is one of the most important thing to be a successful poker player, but it's not easy. I think it's very difficult to not be angry after a big bad beat in a important tournament, but the anger must last only a couple of minutes and the player should move on for the next hand.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think anger and chagrin are slightly different emotions !!! Most of the players are upset and not angry when they lose and this is natural !!!

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have to agree with the OP. Doesn't contribute anything positive to the game.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks. You always need to be calm and reasonable. Not only in poker but also in life.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
easier said than done

i often get angry when i get sucked out . hard to not get angry when opponent hits his/her 2 outer against you

i also get angry when i play bad

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
One of the things I am good at in life is keeping my cool at the tables and in life. It took a long time to get there but it helps me a lot.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you cannot win all the time, once you realize this you are able to analyze your game better with a clear mind.

middle73

middle73

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cannot lie I have been angered at times if someone plays something terrible and beats me and I am playing a good hand. It is a bad habit and I try my best to say nothing, which now I basically never do.

Sometimes it's better not to keep it to yourself. Otherwise, it turns into a disease

middle73

middle73

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Angry players have no chance of success in poker in the long run. We all know that 99% of successful poker players are genuinely positive people.

How beautifully said Support

middle73

middle73

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
90% of micro and freeroll players are passive fish who just limp with any hand and try to hit the flop. I just wait for the hand and go allin preflop. And when my AAs lose 72, that's when I get angry. I will always do it anyway, because I know that at a distance I will play a plus.

Where did you get these figures and percentages?

middle73

middle73

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep, absolutely. I found in golf it takes concerted effort and practice to look at things objectively and try to make improvements not in just what you did but also in how you reacted to what you did! Same in poker.

Just like in hockey

middle73

middle73

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know what to do. but I can't do it. if I could manage my character. that would have become a rich poker player long ago.

It is good when a person recognizes the disadvantages

middle73

middle73

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think anger and chagrin are slightly different emotions !!! Most of the players are upset and not angry when they lose and this is natural !!!

We are talking about an uncontrolled reaction

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Expectations and anger.

If players can go into a poker game with realistic expectations of winning and losing, they will show much lower frustration, less anger. Expect to lose, and roll with it, no anger. It's easy to forget that winning is the exception, not the norm.

S

Shab88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I can't understand that too

It makes me kind of sad when I read posts by people who say how angry they get when they lose. Now that is something I just don't get at all.There is no benefit at all in getting angry....in fact quite the opposite. Anger is such a negative emotion...it will have you on monster-tilt in no time at all, which can end up being really expensive!!!!

It is so much better to take a deep breath, relax, and think about the hand....like, did I do anything wrong? What could I have done better? You cannot think clearly like that in a fit of anger, so you end up repeating the mistakes and getting more angry and losing more money and so on. KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON !!!

If you see an angry player, he is a fish with a 90% probability. Really good players don't lose their heads, they just play calmly and, moreover, smart. I am, myself, started playing poker for fun, but when I started beat almost everyone for conditional chips, i got into a courage
Just do business with your head, and sort out your mistakes, it helps a lot;)

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It makes me kind of sad when I read posts by people who say how angry they get when they lose. Now that is something I just don't get at all.There is no benefit at all in getting angry....in fact quite the opposite. Anger is such a negative emotion...it will have you on monster-tilt in no time at all, which can end up being really expensive!!!!

It is so much better to take a deep breath, relax, and think about the hand....like, did I do anything wrong? What could I have done better? You cannot think clearly like that in a fit of anger, so you end up repeating the mistakes and getting more angry and losing more money and so on. KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON !!!
Hi! Of course you are saying absolutely the right things! But how can they be followed? That's the main question!

YYfourU

YYfourU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find sometimes that anger gives you your chips back...but not all the time.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is part of the immaturity or the little time spent in poker, daily badbeats are had no sense or benefit to get angry, it is part of poker and unfortunately not everyone understands it that way, the control of emotions is essential to be successful and profits:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

C

Cjgarvyite_7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Calm

You are going to lose at poker no.matter what

C

Cjgarvyite_7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you get mad, than you don't understand the science of poker. You lose some, you win some. But you live to fight another day

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I get angry mostly at myself. Sometimes I outright hate this dipshit who put me into this mess five minutes ago! ... aah, but he'll never learn. And eventually I will become him.