gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It makes me kind of sad when I read posts by people who say how angry they get when they lose. Now that is something I just don't get at all.There is no benefit at all in getting angry....in fact quite the opposite. Anger is such a negative emotion...it will have you on monster-tilt in no time at all, which can end up being really expensive!!!!

It is so much better to take a deep breath, relax, and think about the hand....like, did I do anything wrong? What could I have done better? You cannot think clearly like that in a fit of anger, so you end up repeating the mistakes and getting more angry and losing more money and so on. KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON !!!

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

You are absolutely right, colleague, it is no use crying over spilled milk, there is breathing as you say ... and try again and correct mistakes to improve ... not angry !!! regards

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
i think better way o thinking is " ive made mistake so i need to change it in future"

If we made something wrong, we did that because we need dont do that in next time.

remember your bard decisions and than think or find way to dont do this next time.

angry is not good.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good advice-always gives a positive result.Not a bad opinion during the events of the game and yes, not many can allow you to control your emotions when tilting.The more you play, the more you understand all the subtleties of the game.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I absolutely agree with you. Anger is exactly the emotion that should be avoided. Only positive emotions give good results.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i lost a $4.4 tournament today
2 hands
KK <33
AA <QJ
how is it not angry?

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It makes me kind of sad when I read posts by people who say how angry they get when they lose. Now that is something I just don't get at all.There is no benefit at all in getting angry....in fact quite the opposite. Anger is such a negative emotion...it will have you on monster-tilt in no time at all, which can end up being really expensive!!!!

It is so much better to take a deep breath, relax, and think about the hand....like, did I do anything wrong? What could I have done better? You cannot think clearly like that in a fit of anger, so you end up repeating the mistakes and getting more angry and losing more money and so on. KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON !!!
You are absolutely right about this situation of anger on the part of the poker players. I think the same, and I think this is due to the lack of maturity in Poker, when you are immature you tend to get angry for every bad streak and you even blame the software that is against you lol, I think that this feeling apart from damaging your game damages your life and your organism. On the other hand, if you manage to realize this damage, you can start working on healing. Regards.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Hello, I totally agree with you! no need to get angry, you need to understand the reason why you lost and work on your mistakes! I myself am a beginner in poker, but I already realized that you need to control your emotions, you need to be disciplined and cold-blooded! Emotions generally interfere with poker, you need to constantly control them, and this comes with experience! Thank you for your advice, I think it will be very useful for both beginners and more advanced players! Good luck at the tables and let your nerves be steel!

GODZZ

GODZZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ya gotta be Zen . Just let it flow , go on to the next game , it's over.:)

:Dglgl

D

Diverdoug_57

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
how to become a drone or higher level player

Can someone tell me what I have to do to become a drone member and how to find freerolls

D

Diverdoug_57

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
drone/?, meant to say bronze

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I cannot lie I have been angered at times if someone plays something terrible and beats me and I am playing a good hand. It is a bad habit and I try my best to say nothing, which now I basically never do.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Angry players have no chance of success in poker in the long run. We all know that 99% of successful poker players are genuinely positive people.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I agree, anger can be the key of disaster, instead of searching how to reach the target. The big loses usually start with an anger and a reckless way of playing.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
i lost a $4.4 tournament today
2 hands
KK <33
AA <QJ
how is it not angry?
It falls under the category of "shit happens", forget the past hand, concentrate on the next hand, no time to be angry.

:top:

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The fact is that when money is not pressing, you don't want to get angry, but if every cent counts.

D

DonkArmyFish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a lot of people get angry when they play outside their limits or their gambling and they know it lot of times you can tell who the worst player at the table is by how loud they cheer or how upset they get they lose.

If you're playing within your roll and your being fiscally responsible it shouldn't have any impact on your mental state, the only time I get remotely upset is if I bubble a satellite tournament

T

tourpro99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep, absolutely. I found in golf it takes concerted effort and practice to look at things objectively and try to make improvements not in just what you did but also in how you reacted to what you did! Same in poker.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
90% of micro and freeroll players are passive fish who just limp with any hand and try to hit the flop. I just wait for the hand and go allin preflop. And when my AAs lose 72, that's when I get angry. I will always do it anyway, because I know that at a distance I will play a plus.

Plut41

Plut41

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I only get angry when i miss flop for like 25 times in a row, but there's nobody to blame. Usually I just take a break and don't play for couple of days.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
the game is like that.......sometime you have great hands but the card in the table was so ugly and if you bet hard , everybody fold and if you not bet you have chance to loose and like that is frustarted......but we have to play for fun and the rest will be ok.....

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
tilt has destroyed many aspiring poker players. Mental game is a huge portion of being a successful and profitable poker player!

HTML

HTML

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TM
Chips
I know what to do. but I can't do it. if I could manage my character. that would have become a rich poker player long ago.

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
agree 101%

if you get angry playing poker then poker is not for you, it will be stressful

just enjoy the game

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hmmm, can't say I agree with the post but realize there could be be an issue with a lack of clarity.

If you are talking about tilt and then letting tilt affect one's game, then right, I agree gon4ippes. I am very disciplined when it comes to tilt.

However, I find the idea of not expressing anger at all a little pointless.

A quick angry vent lets off steam and we all do so pretty much all day long. We drop food on the floor, we miss a deadline, someone is rude to us. We don't then prescribe or advise 'oh, never get angry in life'. We accept we are going to get annoyed and work through it. Most of us are not walking around rage filled 24/7 because we 'allow' ourselves to be annoyed in the moment.

So in poker I feel I am right to anger when some idiot plays a weak hand against me and sucks out. I do not tilt, it does not affect my next hand, but I do not pretend it has not (or should not) affect me in the moment. Things seldom last long with me but on occasions a bad beat/fluke hand has bugged me for the rest of the day. And to be frank, as we are all human I actually believe that is how we are supposed to react.