Chips
seems like a lot more showing up in the bigger mtts

xtrigemino

xtrigemino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All I know is that I look at the nationalities of the player at each table. If there are more than 3 Russians at a SNG 6-max, I move on to the next one :p

lol I do the same in sit n go's

Math5oo1

Math5oo1

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I my opinion Aggressive plays by Russians is made simply for the purposes of taking charge of that table, No slow playing player or player more worried about making the final table is going to call an all-in at the start of a torni unless they themselves don't care and are willing to take a chance. Once ahead these players usually calm down quite a bit.

If a player knows their not that good and find it hard to make final tables then the all-in (take my chances factor) comes into play to either get ahead or go bust, once ahead (if it goes their way) other players will be more weary of them and if they go bust then so be it as they say.

It's a form of domination over skill which is what these types of players go for. If they win great but it also tells them who's careful about the game and who's not. Mind over matter can work wonders.

Your talking about people's mindsets here and directing it to mostly Russians. The mind set of any country which charges first to eliminate as many of their opponents at the start to get ahead and then use careful strategy after weather in poker or otherwise will make all the others think twice before attacking back. It's all or nothing attitude. If they lose then they strategize, if they win then you'll be more careful thus giving them the edge.

The mindset of any country that thinks twice before making a move (uses strategy from the word go) may lose at first but will win in the end (if still around) which means strategy over bulling will always come out on top in the end.

I've come to a point where unless I have AA or KK within the first 5 to 10 hands I fold them when I come up against players like that, take notes of what they went all in with or made high pre-flop raises with because they will use that strategy again when they become short stacked.

These tactics work believe or not and will always make you think twice about raising just before them (if their in the habit of going all-in after your raise) or calling them when they raise. Again mind over matter, Brut force over skill etc.
Germans are much the same way and thus play much the same way.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
They all read a poker magazine called "Каждая рыба имеет серебряные накладки"

I read this, I had to use google translate to help me. I believe it is a good read and the saying is true, every fish has a silver lining. Who would want to be a shark when you can be a fish :D

C

cpgd176

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it has something to do with the style of life in Russia. Go on youtube and type in something along the lines of 'crazy russian', you will see how crazy they really are. Driving into oncoming traffic, climbing construction sites with no harness, etc. I think their mentality is more carefree and it translates to the poker table. They don't really weigh risks like players from other countries where the style of life is more conservative. Just my thoughts...

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think it has something to do with the style of life in Russia. Go on youtube and type in something along the lines of 'crazy russian', you will see how crazy they really are. Driving into oncoming traffic, climbing construction sites with no harness, etc. I think their mentality is more carefree and it translates to the poker table. They don't really weigh risks like players from other countries where the style of life is more conservative. Just my thoughts...

I think I watched that crazy Russian, a few years back on youtube. If I am not mistaken I learnt about him on a tv show that rated the most viewed youtube videos and he was first lol :D

Got to watch it again now :D

wsopgirl217

wsopgirl217

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey! I take offense to that! Lol, not really, but I think that they play they way they do because most of them are pretty strategic players for one, and two, they are raised in an environment where they are expected to be the best at whatever they do. Schools are very strict in Russia, and it is to be expected that all students there go above and beyond and I'm assuming Russians take this strategy outside of schools and into the real world. Aggression is also a widely-used tactic because it's been proven to work against your opponents and Russians use proven strategies. Obviously this doesn't go for the whole Russian population, but maybe for most?

P

PredragV

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When it comes to money everyone gets a bit agressive... Romenians play even crazier.

C

cleiton1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont think they are aggressive players they are very bad in their playing style they play with their luck

B

bocerca

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
cause they are drunk all the time

vanjak79

vanjak79

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i like to play with that tipe of players,u can easly take him all.

M

mihaitsa83

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
well, russians play like that only at low stackes and in freerolls, their culture and behaivor is ussually like they are plaing poker, they done a lot of things on luck they have even a word that can't be translated for that "fart", most of them are drunk in the time they are plaing, most of them knows that is not right what they are doing but again they are based on "fart"

D

Doh123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with point that they play ridiculously aggressive. I don't know why, but consequences of their play style is large amounts of them in all kinds of freerolls, because I guess they lost their bankroll. But they play still same in freerolls, so it doesn't matter where you meet them. (I would say Ukrainians too)

rensks

rensks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At some point i started to think those bounch of all-inners were just bots to low fast the quantity of player in tournaments, playing with your mind and perspective of having a good hand against a tilt (adding the luck factor) who eventually at some point is gonna be against you...or maybe pokerstars turned me crazy and paranoid xD

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
russian players

russians play really aggresive bluffs all-ins big bets its on their game, the majority of russians are good players and win

B

benspocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As the tittle says... why this kind of players play like real sick maniacs? the poker world is not the same since black friday...
well i dont know about the russions but there are a lot of usa players that play like chip bulleys, donks , etc

veronica

veronica

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the truth is increinle the amount of Russians who you are in the tables. I say always win the Russians, but there is a truth that the probability that win in their total amount of final table players ... never missing a Russian .. is amazing too often angry I believe that Russians were accommodated .. because I always lose an illogical way against them .. but back to the same old thing you always lose against them because many .. if I had the same amount of Russian Greeks surely this issue would be Greek and no Russian .. luckily I have my friend ogonek512 mate .. 5 card draw .

brno22

brno22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Russians are the calase player playing with or without high cards in their hands

E

Elmuel

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I mainly play HU SnG hyper and a lot of the opponents are Russian, Belarusian and Ukrainian.

My general findings is that whilst not all of them, the majority of them play very aggressively.

They'll usually go all in pre-flop with A anything and K anything. Post Flop they'll also play very aggressively with pairs, regardless of standing.

I do enjoy playing against them, I just fold any weak hands and play aggressively by pre-raising them with any strong hands I feel pre-flop. It's though they think that because they have an A in their cards it guarantees them a win.

G

gklcap

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think percentage wise that there are Russian maniacs than there are from any other country. I'm guessing you play on Pokerstars. The player pool at Stars is predominantly Russian these days. So it just seems that there are more Russian maniacs because there are more Russian players than players from other countries.

MasterPeace

MasterPeace

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I say its because there are so much of them.
In each table i meet like at least 3 of them anytime i play.:mad:

T

titomurcia1214

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Russians besides being aggressive have considerable cash income to play PS, which is why they can play a factor almost always high risk, but they are great players

rawbad

rawbad

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I noticed this too it seems some of them are way 2 agressive

art595

art595

Enthusiast