Status
Not open for further replies.
hegaboy1125a

hegaboy1125a

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because the lifestyle of every Russian is a bit aggressive, and that they have been taught their own hometown, unlike other not handle the serenity ...

Airburn

Airburn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To much Vodka and poker, They are wild and see poker as pure gambling their mind set is they hope to hit the card they need and they willing to risk all their chips for it.

and1tiger

and1tiger

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm ... I am interested to read what they think of Russian poker players abroad. I'm also Russian people. I see that most of us are judged inadequate by individual personalities =)! There are great professionals in the poker from Russia! Ready to take the challenge on pokerstars in game one by one into your home club and prove that the game is no worse than the Russian and adequately than many other players of any other country.

LaMinaccia

LaMinaccia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some times I make certain moves because the other player is from Russia and yes they play and act aggressive but stand down as soon as you bark louder then them on the street, LOL!

Used to live in a hood with lots of Russians and there were a few road rage incidents with them Russians and as soon as me and my torque wrench would exit the vehicle they were quick back into theirs.

Always wondered why the majority of the Russian players are lose and play all their aces but it's ok with me that they play the way they do.

S

sylpoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played agaisnt a few russians that have played quite tame,, but for the most part, they do play pretty wild and aggro. Recently, i have played against a few people from asian countries on Lock also,, that have played very crazy in cash games at nite. So, maybe that style is getting more popular though. lol.

helpspb

helpspb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There will always be exceptions, but I agree that russians are rather loose agressive players. Of course, it depends on the game you're playing. freerolls are the worst when it comes to loose agressive style. Total donk fest. The worst is that I feel I'm not doing my best surrounded by people like that. Need to tighten up a bit, too.

E

ezevan1022

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my live playing experiences it was always the Asians that played crazy.

J

jappiejaap

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to sometimes just 3 bet 4 bet russian's cause you know they probally go nuts then it's clear and for me it is nice to know on that moment where they at.
But on the other hand you can't objectify a hole sort of people like that there is a lot of fish in the ocean.

A

ak725

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the problem is that they are so many. they go all in with almost anything and one of them eventualy wins and get a big stack. maybe is a strategy ?

P

Pigmond

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a ridiculous generalisation I know, but I love it if my opponent is Russian (I play mainly HU) .
Lots of them are way too aggro and don't adjust - thus easy to pick off, and it doesn't take long to figure out if they are one of the good ones who has more than 1 gear
Brazilians are the other group I segment mentally

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
russians like to gamble more than other countries usually, they have money and aren't afraid to play aggressive, kind of pisses you off when they shove with 10 J and hit the 2 pair or straight etc. you should want people to go in with bad cards against you cause in the long term you will win there money and they will lose

Michael Paler

Michael Paler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fish are fish, cannons are cannons, no matter the country of origin. :congrats:

K

kmbpoker

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
its olp and doesnt matter what country a great many players would rather be broke than short stacked.get broke get in another get crazy sooner or later build a stack. if you keep notes on it im sure you will find over aggression in equal national quanties

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its olp and doesnt matter what country a great many players would rather be broke than short stacked.get broke get in another get crazy sooner or later build a stack. if you keep notes on it im sure you will find over aggression in equal national quanties

yeah it's too bad the american fish aren't allowed to play, not to generalize of course just like russians there are good and bad players but with big populations and money there will always be fish, and the usa may have the most fish and most good players i would imagine :) let the usa players play on pokerstars!!!

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you cant generalize all players from one country. But yes maybe percentually there is more russians who "dont give a f..." :) there is maybe something in genetics :) Like gypsies are good musicians, asians have good reflexes, black people are good athletes :D

xzquit

xzquit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because in Russia not have cassino`s and playing much poker with to much vodka :)...and generally russians are keen on gambling! :D

stately7

stately7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's dangerous to generalise about Russian players (or Ukraine, Belarus, eastern europeans etc). It's tempting to think of them as the ultimate tricky villains, but I think they play up to that image, in a mostly fun sort of way.

Sure, there may be general LAG even maniac tendencies at times, but many of them I play on 888 cash tables are bloody good players - more TAG, thinking regs than anything else.

When you come across a vodka fuelled maniac, like any other nationality, wait for the right moment - and CASH IN!

jorzunik

jorzunik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
russos maniacs!!!

Hello everyone!
'm player pokerstars and fulltilt, we all know it depends on the q time we play we find players from different countries.
Particularly always had trouble reading and playing against Russians. They call, raise or 3bet with incrreibles things and impossible to read, and connect on the flop over and I end up winning in the showdown against mine very strong starting hands like AA, KK or QQ.
Anyone use any profitable strategy against these players?

italiano

italiano

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The player russo is crazy! Therefore you should play with very high torques or hands and formed you know they are not losers! Playing trash hands is not recommended better to play it safe and be careful with the Russians!

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I get the most satisfaction when I defeat a Russian at the HU tables, they are mostly maniacs.

T

tryin2winM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah i find alot of russians are calling stations over and over again. its endless. they play with nothing perhaps lol

N

nkesi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
maniacs are everywhere, Russian still benefit more

valkopt

valkopt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get the most satisfaction when I defeat a Russian at the HU tables, they are mostly maniacs.

ahahhahahhahaha

I ONLY play against russians players HU... Of course I won't win them all but pretty close :D

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know on Lock Poker, When I get moved to a table (In a tournament of course) that's the first thing I do is to look where other players are from. If it's from Russia I pretty much know how they are going to play. There were several reasons posted already that covers maybe why they play the way they do. I think the TV was one of the best along with the boom in playing.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't find Russians more aggressive than any other country.

I just think that Russia has a LOT more poker players than most countries so we seem to think when we see an maniac and see that they are from Russia we automatically just assume all are the same. I see tons of solid good Russian players but the main factor is; there is simply by far more Russians playing at my table than any other nation on average in my experience so there's going to be more fish from there.

I'm pretty sure before black friday hit and when I first started playing poker; the Americans seemed the more fishy/maniac of players I was up against but again, this was probably just down to the player pool being so big and american players by far outweighed any other nations playing at my table.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.