Chips
in my opinion romanian true maniacs//no russian

S

stefffan1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
There are so many russians on pokerstars and they are very very very lucky. Is it just my opinion or you think the same? It is always happening to me to lose against russians or ukrainiens , which are also very lucky , but not so good players.

P

pokerclann1

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That gereralisation is slightly exaggerated i think, theres good and bad everywhere, its just you tend to notice more with the russians cos theres so bloody many of them lol ;) all seriousness tho but polarised thinking like this could be -ev in the longrun.

Last edited:
P

padge28

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
fighting the russians

ive played many hands with the Russians and i find if u stand up to them they wont try to many insane moves on u they tend to go for the weak not very aggro players witch is good idea spot the weak and take advantage alot of Russians tend to fire 2 barrels at a pot if a player call they ussally give up as i learnt this from playing rush poker.. they come out fireing cause in most cases its not that often a player hit that flop some most times this works.. my motto if u cant beat them join them so true

A

ahol27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I miss playing with Russians!

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is not true, that you see some russians it doesn't mean that all of them play like maniacs. I have seen great russian players

dudemanstan

dudemanstan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have heard this before, and wondered what all the talk was about. Interesting thread here. I would not think though that you could stereotype an entire country of poker players.

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is not true, that you see some russians it doesn't mean that all of them play like maniacs. I have seen great russian players

I have seen very few good russians playing micro stakes where the majority of players play, higher stakes though there may be a few good russian players but also some donks with money

V

vinnie82x

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont think ther all manics , i came a cross a good few tight russian players this week.

P

Punct

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are right. All the russian people have an awful style..but sometimes it helps them to win.

topper39

topper39

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IT's because there are so much of them so you come across to many really bad players from Russia. There are bunch of bad players playing like maniacs everywhere but with so huge number of russian players it's just more significant. And I think it's partly their typical character too. They just love to gamble.
But I know a lot of very good russian regulars, so you can't put all of them to the same box.

H

hrix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In Russia government wants to ban online poker, so there won't be problems with maniacs from Russia in the future :D

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In Russia government wants to ban online poker, so there won't be problems with maniacs from Russia in the future :D

they like blocked it in bulgaria too but people are still playing from there, plus russians are so sneaky and smart with technology they would end up still playing even if it was banned by using secret vpn's and what not

B

batu2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think the Russians are crazy, but rather use a strategy game that mostly go well its 3-bet crazy. What happens is that they are majority and its traffic in the halls is very popular and get noticed, there are bad players, fair, good and very good, as in all countries.

BenSprocket

BenSprocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Asians are maniacs live but quite nitty online.

The Brazilians though are just terrible. Awful players.

Snakmacher

Snakmacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate Russians a lot but only when we speak in matter of poker... They use special programms that gave them superiority above all other players... plus they are sneaky bastards and luckiest guys on planet itself... Today got kicked - had Ak hearts raised and he reraised - I called him - it turned out that for 5 time in row he got very high pair on hand - I got flush A high but he got fullhouse... and I could name so many cases when they copy your moves and it seems like they knew what will come next as card... who knows - maybe they know... because pokerstars is manily russian pokersite...

Snakmacher

Snakmacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Saw one interesting hand one limper vs chipleader both Russians. One went all in with 77 after seeing flop 6c 7s Qh and the other called it, turn K hearts, river J hearts and it turned that the caller had JJ on hand...

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate Russians a lot but only when we speak in matter of poker... They use special programms that gave them superiority above all other players... plus they are sneaky bastards and luckiest guys on planet itself... Today got kicked - had Ak hearts raised and he reraised - I called him - it turned out that for 5 time in row he got very high pair on hand - I got flush A high but he got fullhouse... and I could name so many cases when they copy your moves and it seems like they knew what will come next as card... who knows - maybe they know... because pokerstars is manily russian pokersite...

good point about the programs I knowing how russians think also know that many of them are using illegal programs some that they even create themselves to gain edges, some even cheat or hack, everyone knows eastern europe is the golden place for illegal hacking, lots of bots too but probably on euro sites or maybe even ipoker

sickpuppy

sickpuppy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i miss playing at redstar was a good site mostly russians.i can understand what uall are saying but im with stan they all cant be that bad.

P

pokerclann1

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is that really a good thing, you want these guys playing beefs up the prizepool

donkysnake

donkysnake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think all the countrys have their specific style of play in poker because of the mentality of the people that live there, for example russia, witch u did corectly characterized as maniacs (in general) :D

kuchufleto

kuchufleto

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
tilt

I have seen many hands on the Russians play all in with bad cards and still I could not understand why they win most of the time .. I'm always tilt because of some Russian: Eek:

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the problem is that they are so many. they go all in with almost anything and one of them eventualy wins and get a big stack. maybe is a strategy ?

I don't think strategy has anything to do with it.

I do think it is a perception based on quantity.
The country has a very large number of people who participate in poker, (note we don't call them players). So one of these participants acting in this manner will get a big stack, but it will be a different participant each time.

There are also some genuine players from this region.

lulu pk

lulu pk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some play like maniacs,but some play very good you can not generalize.

BenSprocket

BenSprocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.