Why is poker so popular?

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why is poker the most popular card game why is it so addicting to people it seems like a simple game but what is its interest hidden in?

The popularity has to do with the game being a self rewarding practice (i.e. Time spent developing a poker game can improve one's game, and the results provide immediate validation of one's progress).

Also, the optimal way to play poker hinges on the actions of others at your table. Because of this, the "best way to play" is constantly evolving.

I laugh at the modern (not so modern anymore!) theory known as "Solver."

I have made it my quest to be beyond the "Solvers" so I can exploit the over generalized way they play.

See what I mean?

The game never ends!

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker

I think that the popularity of poker is mainly due to its versatility and very interesting rules. Other card games are more flat and uncomplicated.

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The popularity of poker attracts a lot of players from all over the world. On the one hand, with proper attitude and development, you can improve your financial condition, and on the other hand, the time spent on development is self-sustaining. Also starting from the bottom is the opportunity to take your place at the top of poker and write your name in history.

funnyhook3

funnyhook3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
An interesting game that brings a lot of emotions, in which you can earn big money. People love big prizes

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker is so popular because this game gives people joy and pleasure. Personally, this game allows me to distract from the daily routine.

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think there are two main reasons

1. Your money can go a long way in that even £20 can let a weak player have several hours fun before they lose their money.
2. A lot of people think they are better than they actually are so believe they can beat the game. Even if their results show time and time again that they cannot.

D

Damian Baez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Answer

Because there is a lot of variety and possibilities to earn money.

Kennemelo

Kennemelo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is so popular because this game gives people joy and pleasure. Personally, this game allows me to distract from the daily routine.

the main thing is not to forget how poker destroys your psyche in various ways:D I'm talking about coolers :cool:

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker is interesting as a sport. Plus, it gives you the opportunity to earn money without leaving your home.

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Greetings. I think poker is interesting because of its unpredictability. He does not get bored, develops the brain, and of course, you can also win poker))))

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Poker is popular because of the social interaction between players, especially at a time like this during a pandemic when it is not possible to go out and meet people. For me it is being able to take part in the Game/Sport call it what you want, that draws me to the game.
As a child I loved Football and Rugby because it was something I could play and be part of, now I am older I cannot chase a ball around for 90 minutes and prefer to play something less strenuous.
For some, it is a way of making money, but it doesn't have to be, personally I could play for match-sticks and still enjoy the game, it is the fun and enjoyment I get from playing a game and that is why I play any game that I can be part of, whether it is Chess, or Checkers or even Snap with the Grandchildren.
I play, because I can, it is that simple.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Because you can play for a lot of money and when a person knows this he becomes captivated because we are trapped in the material sphere!

A

ALVY_MARRAS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is popular because poker has that touch of adrenaline that makes you feel good when playing it. You can win everything in a second, as well as lose everything. If you know the game you win if you don't know it you lose!

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
i think because people love to play live games, especially withh full of emotions, strategy games. and of course gambling.

A lot of people wish to win a life changing tournament.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that people staying home because of Covid is part of it.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think it's so popular because everyone can win in the short-term . Like Moneymaker made this dream come true everyone wants to be in his shoes at some point! Every poker player want that massive bink and in my opinion it's doable by everyone. Plus poker is a super cool strategic game!

N

nakeyboy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why play poker

greatway to pass hours a day during these trying times

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Because it's a game to most people and a profession to few...

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

On the one hand, people love to gamble. On the other, it is an easy game to learn but takes a lot of time to master. It is a game of skill, of strategy ( think of chess), and of chance, which for better or for worse is exciting.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The never ending quest for wealth, and perfection, and everybody can take a crack at.

Ragonesi

Ragonesi

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The oldest habit humanity has is to gamble,

Since the beginning of times the human race gamble to get food, clothes, tools, etc. Poker is just another gambling game with particular differences, skills and rules.

Also cards games are notoriously old enough to be popular over the centuries

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a popular game because it can be easily and quickly learned to play, the rules of the game are simple, and there is also an element of psychology, which adds to the entertainment of the game.

Luka22guro

Luka22guro

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably because it doesnt matter where you are from etc poker is easy to learn easy to play (basic) and it's fun to play online or live with friends
knowledge in the game, and at least knowledge of combinations can already be played quite well, since luck plays a big role here

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
the main thing is not to forget how poker destroys your psyche in various ways:D I'm talking about coolers :cool:

No matter how my opponents play, no matter the outcome, poker always gives me pleasure. :)

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Why is poker the most popular card game why is it so addicting to people it seems like a simple game but what is its interest hidden in?
Even a novice can outplay and make money off a highly experienced professional, at least for the short term.