Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, the interest is in money and satisfaction from the process of the game itself. I think most players have the same interests as mine. After all, winning money in poker is nice and cool.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why is Poker so popular?..Because in Poker can to play, I think, almost Everybody...independently on age, gender, physical and mental abilities, and etc...
And main, an opportunity win the money! And therefore Poker is that universal game, what attracts the many people, and will, I think...

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
They started to show tv-broadcasting from the most bigger and popular tournaments. Enterteinment value of players was different then now. Which gets you so excited that you decide to give a try; table with players who show their personalities, are more lively and loves taking risks or watching table with players looking like a robot when they play, talking about it in the way that dont resenate at all for most of the viewers?

+some other things, but i think tv was big deal why it came so popular.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
I think that there is no other card game in the world like poker. The game is diverse and officially recognized in the world in terms of cash income. Knowing how to play it, you can safely go to the Capitals of the poker industry:cool:

D

DrBadBeat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a fun game with variance that has a gambling component. I think that contributes a lot to it's popularity. There's also lot's of different variations of poker, so good mix of games for everyone if they prefer different things.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its an amazing mind game. Such big moneys are in the air. You also can do it from home or in live as well. And as luck and skill are both involved, it opens the doors for everyone - till they're starting to realise how complex this game can be, and they're falling in love with. :)

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
There’s a thrill with that first win, and all the plays and learning leading up to it. It’s excitement that is enjoyable with many ups and downs and lots of adrenaline. The money for me is just a bonus but probably where the addiction comes into play most. It’s exciting to win a hand or game but then when real money is won I feel like many folks want more and bigger wins. I’ve worked hard to stay where I’m comfortable with what I spend and consider poker to be entertainment not an addiction for me.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Why is poker the most popular card game why is it so addicting to people it seems like a simple game but what is its interest hidden in?
poker is not an easy game, so it seems to you that it is not popular in all countries

Only_player

Only_player

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
MTT is a very interesting discipline and u fighting where look like in sports and when u became 1st u proud urself bcs u do it alone without any help
Ohh im forgot, bonus from it - money. So if u win tourney you not only received good positive emotions, but also received a material reward. Its GREAT feelings. Yes if u are grinder and pro player its become work and if u dont have deeprun and final tables game became bored and a lot of time u dont have positive feelings but it always happended when ur hobby become work (but its another story and offtopic)
Ofc most of people go in poker for easy money thats why its popular too (Moneymakers effect)

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Why is poker the most popular card game why is it so addicting to people it seems like a simple game but what is its interest hidden in?
It's quite simple, the answer is because you can become rich.

G

GoodMoon90

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the secret of poker's popularity lies in the balance between skill and luck, when even far from the strongest players can win)

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Such a rapid growth in the popularity of poker is a very worthy cause. Indeed, no one forces you to spend money on the game - self-improvement and study come first! On the Internet, you can find a huge number of free workouts, as well as get a solid financial return from the game.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
It is a popular game for its simplicity when playing it, the most addictive thing is the way you play your cards against your opponent, trying to control your emotions and acting in a cold and calculating way.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon. Because it is uneasy to learn and you can earn some dollars,depending on your skills.There is no doubt, this is an exciting gamebut I think that without money , it wouldn´t be so exciting.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker is an interesting and affordable card game. In fact, everyone now has the ability to play poker online, and that's what I think has made this great game so popular.

Mimo..Mach

Mimo..Mach

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think its 'magnetism' is due to the fact that Poker has a story to tell; and it is a story that is still being written full of memorable chapters that are worth perpetuating in books along with the experience of great players. Poker deserves to have a famous painting where several dogs share their night playing Poker! It's magic, strategy, mathematical science along with pain and glory... When it catches you, you must let yourself go and get to know it. "A poker tournament is slowly filtering the glory of a person who achieved a perfect symbiosis of a strategic game that requires mind, soul and heart"

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. it is fun ! the thrill of seeing the flop / turn / river and looking how you connect . especially the thrill just before the flop . also the psychological part ...like reading your opponent , bluffing etc. . very enjoyable game

also hitting a set is such a nice feeling :D

2. you can make money with it . and hey ...making money with something that is fun is awesome

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Because it's a great game and if you're good at it, you can earn money with it. Do we need more than this in today's capitalist world? Pleasant with the useful. It can be a hobby, but it can also be a job, which makes the game quite attractive.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
an interesting and accessible game, in which there are a lot of tricks, a lot of combinations, bets, there is an element of bluffing, different strategies + you can win a lot of money, this game was simply bound to become popular

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A combination of simplicity and complexity.

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Easy to learn and funny to play.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Why is it so popular is many reasons. Its a simple fun and complex game anyone can play and learn.

One big thing in my opinion is with poker you can do things you cant in other sports or competitions. I will never play in the Olympics. the world cup, never play for a championship in any sport, never get to play with or against a profession sports anything. Poker allows me to play again anyone in the world at any time if I buy into the event. Also if you play well and run very well there is always the chance to actually win one of the events. I actually have a chance to win a braclet when I play in the wsop or a WPT or EPT title. Its not likly but I can play and actually could win. That's the big difference.

I am a big baseball and American football fan. I will never step on the fields they play or play one play againt any of these people. I have played for 3 bracelets and 2 WTP including a main event in poker. I also playeed one day for 8 hours with the 14th ranked player in the poker world.

rucucu16

rucucu16

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
because I think that compared to other games, it doesn't just depend on luck, the player and his knowledge are very important

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well in today's technology age it just makes sense you can play in any kind of whether and never have to leave the comfort of your own home. It just doesn't get any better.