Why is poker so popular?

Luka22guro

Luka22guro

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why is poker the most popular card game why is it so addicting to people it seems like a simple game but what is its interest hidden in?

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is popular because its a simple card game that we can still win money by being lucky at the right moment, even if we dont know how to play well enough

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, it's the adventure. Each game, each day, each second is different, each time.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably because it doesnt matter where you are from etc poker is easy to learn easy to play (basic) and it's fun to play online or live with friends

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's because it's a fun card game, easy to learn and, if you win, you can win money playing.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The allure of NL Holdem is that bad players can get lucky and think they know what they're doing but in reality, they are clueless. They can also get a emotional attachment to the game like "I can't believe I lost or won with that hand" or "I can't believe I went that deep in a tourn after playing for 6 months".

So in the short run, the novice player can enjoy success here and there, folks can develop an emotional attachment to the game making them want to keep coming back and you'll find if you play live that a lot of folks use the poker table as a place to go hang out, socialize and enjoy the company of folks. So the game fulfills a lot of folks wants and it can just be fun at the same time.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that poker is popular because it gives you the opportunity to show your skills as a strategist, get additional income, cultivates patience and encourages development.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
My theory is that on a subconscious level, the human mind is overwhelmed by the fact that you could get stinking rich by only holding cards and moving plastic discs around (or clicking a few buttons on a computer screen); therefore most players view it as a really smart and easy way to acquire wealth. That hope, I think, is the driving force behind the popularity of this game.

M

madmandown

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Simple , it all about money.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Some people like to feel like a sportsman.

:rofl:

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello to all!
For me personally, these are two factors, adrenaline and excitement.

S

SerValeMart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is interesting to people. This is a good game. Poker is diverse. Yes. You can win real money in poker. This is excitement

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think poker is interesting to people because it seems to be very easy to learn and you can make money! But it's actually not as easy as people think! People also like to compete and prove that they are better than others, and poker gives such an opportunity, plus it will be popularized a lot! This is my personal opinion, please do not judge strictly! Good luck to everyone at the tables!

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It is not addictive, if someone becomes addicted to this game it is because they cannot control their impulses. Regarding the popularity of the game, it is due to the publicity it has received thanks to the movies and the professional athletes that influence it, such as Neymar Jr, among others.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
The interest is in pleasure. Poker is a game for adequate people that is just fun. Nothing more is needed.

xaj9x

xaj9x

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that poker is popular for everyone in their own way, some are attracted by money, others by the realization of their insane abilities, but for someone, it gives fun, well, if you combine all this in one person, you get a professional poker[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Why is poker the most popular card game why is it so addicting to people it seems like a simple game but what is its interest hidden in?

Here in brasil its not that popular, its hard to meet people and make a table to play some nights. Here a popular game is called "truco", easy to find 4 people and start playing any kind of meeting.

N

Nik990

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker belongs to gambling, and like all gambling games, this game is very popular, and I think that popularity is also in the fact that it is a simple and at the same time not interesting game, to get to the core of an opponent, to understand what kind of card he has, so poker so popular

Stringy

Stringy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
popular because gambling is addictive

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think it is popular because it is easy to learn and it has a bit of everything. It involves strategy, skill, luck, math and psychology. For beginners it looks more exciting than chess and you can play with a lot of friends and people. Plus you can play for money.

H

Haikala2011

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks simple. exiting, unpredictable.

H

Holdem Tycoon

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even if you make the worst possible heads up play of shoving all in preflop with 2,3 off suit into different off suit AA, you still have a 12-13% of winning. I might be off a bit on %.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The interest is the money. Lots of people are thinking, that they can be successful in poker and one day they will win lots of money.
Usually lots of them just realize in one moment, that this game is not so easy and you really need to have a huge experience to be able to have a chance for a big cash.
Also, poker is a very lazy game. It,s not so hard at all to seat in your chair and click on your mouse.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's like in sports, when you win, you experience deep spiritual satisfaction, that's why you want to play and win again and again.:)