Why Do You Play Poker?

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Every aspect of the game fascinates me. The math, the strategy, the lifestyle, the excitement of a hand holding up (or sucking out as it were), the whole damn thing. I play because I love poker (and have loved poker for a very long time, only recently did it occur to me that I could learn strategy and actually make it profitable for me), and because it seems like the absolute perfect career path for me. No boss, no hours, no office. I can live wherever the hell I want, go wherever the hell I want, and do whatever the hell I want. Plus it strongly appeals to the math nerd in me.
LOL you should really try golf online , it involves a lot of math, and other variations that real golfers have to cope with !!!
My better half gave up poker in lou of his golf , and he is now obsessed ! It takes a lot more of math and skill then poker. Our computers are side by each , we play tunes and he plays golf and I play poker - it is funny actually. You can check it out on wgt.com , me I still love Poker !

sam1chips

sam1chips

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL you should really try golf online , it involves a lot of math, and other variations that real golfers have to cope with !!!
My better half gave up poker in lou of his golf , and he is now obsessed ! It takes a lot more of math and skill then poker. Our computers are side by each , we play tunes and he plays golf and I play poker - it is funny actually. You can check it out on wgt.com , me I still love Poker !

Haha, I've actually played a couple times. Very hard in my opinion, I don't play it that much at all. I assume if you practiced it a lot you could become pretty good at it (...similar to everything, I guess)

P

pierceisgod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker because I enjoy the game and the swings that come along with poker, like being able to get on a heater or getting ice cold.

Jostone6

Jostone6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because i like strategy games, i like money, i like competition, statistics and am a concentrated person.

A

Alaska_back

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes think that poker - is something like disease

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker because I like a game and also for the following:
- money
- glory
- adrenaline
- psychological control
- mental control
- risk
- communication

AlexICE

AlexICE

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been poker for only two years, slowly but surely I played a small plus, I play mostly mtt"s sometimes in the spins, but the last month is extreme, I lose all the exposition, I'm always older at the base, I only play pokerstares. It seems to me have disconnected winnings

B

Booyah777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play it for a pass time. Nothing better than having a beer playing a game:)

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker when I have free time, I like this fascinating gambling and I like to win money, I want to win a lot to quit my job and have a nice rest!

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I am going to get loaded, become a shareholder in a few corporations with my winnings and then dominate the business world. Following this, I shall proceed to do what charities think they do. I will open businesses in poor nations and really offer impoverished people careers, ones where they work to train and gain qualifications on the job to truly progress further. If they want to be a politician in a nation where only the rich can be it, I will fund their campaign teach them how to write and speak eloquently, when they are in power I will influence their entire nation and make sure it stays uncorrupt as I will have the funds to out-fuel the greedy and keep away the scumbags who would influence with their cash for sinister purposes.

I will cleanse this world as best I can and I am not gonna be some puppet on a string with a Master's degree (US call it Major) working for someone who owns the business just because they got richer before me who owes too much to my university to ever make it in this world financially. I will have people smarter than me, harder-working than me and maybe kinder hearted than me working beneath me with no glory because they chose the ordinary path in life.

That's the truth. I want to be the villain of the villains. The hero of this disgusting Earth using greed for good.

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you are a sadist))I play for fun and certainly not a big win since I haven't ready my poker skill is not so high to win a big jackpot

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker more for sport, for a pleasant time, I have no real intentions of becoming a poker pro.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While playing poker I get a lot of emotions. Among them, it's fun, adrenaline and rivalry. Feel like a winner is always nice.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the challenge, the gamble is super exciting and i like getting better at it

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
strictly a recreational player. If the money becomes important, time to do something else.

A

always2away

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"To crush my enemies. See them driven before me. And to hear the lamentations of their women."Nah, as a former adrenaline addict, it's nice to do something that juices up my old disabled carcass.

LxixDude

LxixDude

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Simple: I enjoy the game and the challenge of trying to outwit my opponents.

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Time killer really and keeping the brain active, money and bankroll improvement helpful in moving up levels.

Make it fun even when Q6 and 4-8 call and take you down 🤔 I guess we all like to mix it up 😃

ChrisDavidson

ChrisDavidson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to earn money not to engage in activities that you are not interested in just for the sake of money. I hope in time I will succeed. And also poker brings me good emotions that do not compare to anything

D

Denver225

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
firstly it is very fun to do what you like and relax at the same time...in the second if refers to poker as additional income then there is motivation to improve the game tends to always be first

Milosika1991

Milosika1991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker because I enjoy playing, because I like to compete, because it's the best card game that exists and because I can make some money ...:)