Why do I play Poker

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mostly I play poker for the excitement and thrill of winning.
Sometimes to kill some time.

mihaste

mihaste

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Love to play holdem, cool game

Driving the dream

Driving the dream

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AU
Chips
Most people think that all poker players are out to make money, but that's not really the case. It's not like that at all!

For me, playing poker is a lot of fun for its own sake. I just love game dynamics, so I play it in my free time.

I enjoy learning about strategy and honing my skills, which makes my brain go nuts. I didn't find any of those activities to be helpful in my life. Poker is a game that did. There is the mathematical aspect of calculating pot odds, and the likelihood of the outcome of certain cards, or what your opponent may have.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have been playing poker since 1955 or 1956. And, I play to win money.
During all these years, I have lost no money. But, have won very little also. Probable because I am a very conservible player, and only play in small games.

Good luck on the Tables.

Mike
You are from the time when you used to tie dogs with sausages.:ROFLMAO:
I'm not that much of a poker veteran, but I'm glad that despite all this time you still enjoy playing poker, I wish you luck at the tables my friend and may the Gods of the deck smile at you, and sorry for the jokes.(y)

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I play cause i like this game.
It is thrilling, intellectual and fun. Yes, sometimes annoying, but that is part of the game
Winning some small ammounts is an added benefit too, but i don't see it as my income source.

reeseflamees

reeseflamees

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
I play Just for fun a lot of free time so I keep playing for a while

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep, same here. It's a pastime or hobby for me. I am not gonna get rich, but I play often and stay a little above even.

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Work for the brain - some play chess, some fill the grids and that’s why I play poker. Sometimes training is rewarded with a cash prize. :)

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To win a lot of money in poker, you have to play a lot and take a lot of risks, but you can also lose a lot, everyone chooses the style of play.:)

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
What a good friend, that you have someone to play this with in person, I'm wanting to put together a group to play in a house, I hope to find those people soon.

L

Lana5959

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How cool, mange12345!
I've been playing poker since 2008. I play as an amateur and my focus is on freerolls where I can put together a small bankroll to continue participating in other tournaments.

L

Lana5959

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker because I just love this game. I've lost a lot, but I'm not giving up, it's not going to happen!

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
During all these years, I have lost no money. But, have won very little also. Probable because I am a very conservible player, and only play in small games.

Good luck on the Tables.

Mike
Greetings Mike, you are mega cool, have been playing poker for over 60 years, good luck to you! You probably have as many poker stories as Doyle! Well, like many others, I play poker for the sake of adrenaline, emotions, and the opportunity to win some money

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What a great thing to hear. You certainly have some great stories to share to us from all those years.

yango

yango

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my experience could you say that poker is not a good source of income or gambling to make money? , because the truth is that I would like to be a professional in poker but we still have many obstacles along the way that I would like to know before venturing into these paths

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
The important thing is that you felt good playing poker, maybe the winnings will come in the end. Good luck!

Nizar

Nizar

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Good luck on the Tables.

Mike
I play poker for fun and for extra income too.

Savantino

Savantino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play to be the greatest like Hellmuth

reraee1

reraee1

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I really like poker because you can win money in it... I've been playing for 3-4 years I haven't won much yet but the way is paved

Majaloja

Majaloja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I knew this game over there when I was young in 2006, but the circumstances have not been the best and I moved away. But it still attracts me like the gold coin, falling into the sea attracted the black pearl, in pirates of the caribbean.

N

naostarr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Good luck on the Tables.

Mike
I am conservative as well. I have been playing on and off for a few years now too. Once the faculties are still in top shape I think one can enjoy the game for a very long time. The thing about playing small games is that while you loose small you can never win big. If you are satisfied with winning small then you dont have to change a thing. If you want to win big, you have to play big or play freerolls. Freerolls can get you into bigger tourneys where if you are lucky and have some skill you can go far. All the best.