pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Myself, I did play at college for pennies, Intellipoker help for a while but i didn't like their Indoctrination, so i follow my own style. :deal:

L

ludomaniaco24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The truth that if poker has served me for life has taught me a lot I play for fun I lose more than I win but always hope to someday win more fun I hope I can continue playing

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker has always been a special part of my life. My grandfather taught me to play when I was very young. When I think back to my young life most of my memories come from sitting at a table playing poker with all the older people in my family. A lot of these people are now gone so I cherish there memories a lot and thank my grandfather for teaching me and letting me sit down with all the older people. I know I would drive him crazy always singing or making noise but he never cared. Not to mention he would let me win when I was young which I didn't find out about until I was much older and he would woop me bad lol. I think poker is so much more than just another gambling game. Feel free to share who taught you or any cool poker stories you have.

I was taught to play poker with friends, then this game became my hobby!

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I learned how to play myself, at first I forgot the rules and combinations, I watched a video about the basics of poker, and everything became clear. A year and a half ago I played the first time.)

D

davidbeck22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I just started playing and i am always learning. I hope to be as good as some of these guys like Doug Polk. I just love to play though. I read constantly online and listen to any advise but only follow the advise that seems to be logical. I would love to have a coach though. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

robertocoelho

robertocoelho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My Little Brother, who taught me how to play poker

M

mex4el

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I myself started to play
Smototrel video, read poker forums and began to play ..:jd4:

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learnt by playing with a friend, all I did was look up what the winning hands were and I kept playing play money tournaments which used to run every 2 hours. Many times i'd end up on the final table but back then it was more luck than anything else. A few years later I had a friend who taught me about blinds and table position. When i joined pokerstars , back when they still had freerolls, I learnt more about the game and played my first $1.10 dollar table after finishing the basic course. I got into the money by using what I had learnt. I also come from years of trial and error, a lot of mistakes and going all in and calling when I'm not meant to. That way I've picked up so much more than what can be taught in text books.

J

JNogard

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I taught myself.

I always had fun playing when I was young. But recently I took the steps to start learning how to play properly.

I'm reading books and studying now. Its so interesting.

Babolbi

Babolbi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned myself searching online and watching videos :D

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My Grandfather.

Cardchat help me refine it though.

macthemax

macthemax

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BE
Chips
I learned myself by playing and reading. In the beginning I lost some money and I think thats normal, as long as you try to find out why. Since I'm here on CC I learned a lot more and became a better player.

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My family taught me to play dealer choice poker for change i learned alot of poker games but a good friend taught me to play Texas Holdem for big cash i didt even know what the boton was much less what it did!! Now in hookwd

D

Dani_California

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My boyfriend taught me. He played online poker and my first thought was "oh no, did I find myself someone who has a gambling problem" :D I didn't have any poker experience then and thought of it more as gambling than a game of skill. I basically considered it as something where you lose your money and everything you have.

He taught me about the game and I soon understood that it's not gambling and that you won't lose your money as long as you know how to manage your bankroll. He got me to deposit 10 dollars and I tried it myself. Of course I ended up losing it but I was hooked right away. I got into it so much that I then started to read books about it and wanted to learn more. He even forced me to sign up to my first ever live tournament when we were on a holiday and that was the best thing ever even though I was so scared :D Good times! Now, after many years, I might even be the one who plays more. I'm really grateful that he taught me and still challenges me to become a better player.

Bagmet

Bagmet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
showed a classmate , and then he began to delve into the intricacies of the game . learn from their mistakes now

F

ftn129

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I learn th Basic situação my cousin, Then a few friends that became professionals teach me a few more about strategy, the rest are all experience lived

Doblador bus

Doblador bus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my personal case I learned looking at the games that my brother major played a long time ago

L

Ly4nik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Itself. + Pokerstars school and watching live tournaments.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played cards with my grandma and great aunt who didn't always see eye to eye when I was little. It wasn't poker, it was usually canasta but it was an enjoyable time. It was something fun we could all do together and they could put aside their differences. They are gone now but I do think of the ladies when I play poker sometimes, especially when I get pocket Q's.

K

Karl Hernandez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me there is no such way as Learning Poker.
Having learned something means you are then capable of evolving everything that matters getting the right clues and picking the right decision.
Obviously such a thing is impossible in Poker.

I prefer to call it Understanding Poker. Or
just experience.

rodrigo1972

rodrigo1972

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well first my father teach me and then I start to play in Zynga poker and now I play in 888 and pokerstars