Chips
My friends learn to me when i was 24. I like poker very much

K

kay1919kay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly I learned to play from watching phil ivey I was playing play chips and stuff on full tilt and other sites only recently started playing real money

K

killroy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there was 9 of us kidds at home we played poker all the time with my Dad and mom. we lived on a farm not much to do in the 50s and 60s other than that.

S

sonebrate996

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned it on the TV and the internet

Vlad symrak

Vlad symrak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I myself came to poker through various card games! I taught at 6 years old nephew to play and he still plays in the rumors, he is already over 20! Well done, he started playing better than me, I'm 31!

B

BreakTheBeard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing poker since I was 12 (1992), but I got really heavily into it in 2005. I bought a bunch of books and joined PXF. I did really well for awhile until Black Friday and my accounts got seized. After that I quit until recently.

max entropy

max entropy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I learned with my friends who also didn't know how to play.We just downloaded the rules.It was pretty funny cause each one of us looked at the papers all the time.

max entropy

max entropy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I learned with my friends while no one knew the rules,we downloaded the rules.It was pretty funny cause everybody looked at the papers all the time.

SlimHeperpokerstars

SlimHeperpokerstars

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker has always been a special part of my life. My grandfather taught me to play when I was very young. When I think back to my young life most of my memories come from sitting at a table playing poker with all the older people in my family. A lot of these people are now gone so I cherish there memories a lot and thank my grandfather for teaching me and letting me sit down with all the older people. I know I would drive him crazy always singing or making noise but he never cared. Not to mention he would let me win when I was young which I didn't find out about until I was much older and he would woop me bad lol. I think poker is so much more than just another gambling game. Feel free to share who taught you or any cool poker stories you have.

The first teachers for me and my friends were poker movies, then like many other children, we bought playing cards and candies (from the money that we had for pocket money), got together in some secret place and played these sweets In poker! Of course, the hand of QKA23 is not a straight in real poker, but we always considered such hands (ready), for us, all the cards were in order "straight"))):)

V

veruska A1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I knew poker because when I was little, I was about 10 years old I always saw my sister playing it, it always attracted my attention but I did not dare to say anything, I just saw how she played and I was delighted with the game and I felt the emotion of my sister , That emotion that I also wanted to feel! Then when I turn 12 or 13 I decided to learn, grab the computer and look for information, lei vlog, forums, videos and everything that is needed to learn, and then did the big step and was to download pokerstar. And here I am ... 6 years later, I continue to play here and with the same passion as always.

Aalexandar

Aalexandar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My dad was a big 5 card draw and hold'em player back in his day. Hell, he still is sometimes when he sits down with his friends at the bar, and when he plays for play money on pokerstars (he doesn't trust the computer with his money enough to start real play online). When I asked him to teach me how to play he was really happy and showed me 5 card draw, and later on taught me the basics of hold'em and omaha. I think i was 14 at the time, not sure though.

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My little brother teach me and waching tv and videos. But him teach me the essential of the game.

A

Allmine79

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing in the back of the School Bus when I was 16 approximately 22 years ago.

OI7TuMuCT

OI7TuMuCT

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was taught to play poker father. But it was a simple poker "student" - a trick-taking game diamonds are trump, 7 spades was the very poker. So I have a love for card games and the actual poker.
Then he learned how to play classic poker.
A couple of years ago friends hooked on hold'em. Since then I play it =) I like it a lot)
Taught to play girlfriend poker. Now we're playing on PokerStars) So love to get together and play live.

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All by myself, all by myself... I would be so happy if somebody of my family taught me how to play, but I am the only gambling man;)

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First i so such good channel as Poker Italia24(now do not exist) and after i bagin to play and teaching by myself.

2NaCl

2NaCl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I was a kid I used to hear stories from my father playing poker back in the day, eventually he hyped me up and when I was around the age of 12 he bought me my very own poker set and we used to play heads up daily for sweets. Oh the memories..

psyho26

psyho26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
learned to play myself when I saw the first time poker in 2010

B

bartleby

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played with friends, five card draw:D home games (long time ago) They started later on to play online and so did I but I must say the most I taught myself.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I learned to play poker myself on the Internet. As I watched the poker tournament on TV. It interested me and I began to learn to play poker.

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was taught on the tables for the most part, by players who were better than me.
I was a member of a now defunkt forum ( Railbirds), and there were some excellent series there, and some very tough private games.
Also Supersystem 1 and 2 taught me lots and lots about non-nlhe games, and about how to play appropriately aggressively generally. I still think they are the only books needed to prime oneself very effectively for all stud and draw games.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seft taught,,played with pennies with my friends:D (10-12yrs old)

L

Lilbrown92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My college classmates taught me how to play Poker when I was in college.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I got into poker about 3 months ago. stumbled upon a tonkaaaa youtube video, and then went to twitch and started watching poker streams live. I downloaded pokerstars and began playing with play chips and after a month moved onto playing freerolls on ACR and Betonline. Ive learned a lot from youtube and twitch and learning as I go while playing. getting better each day I play and study.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I learned to play watching my uncle who only played with real money and with him I learned certain techniques that I apply until today.