Where is the best place to learn poker?

C

ChemfromUKR

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Where is the best place to learn poker? Is it worth spending money at all (albeit not very large, but still) on studying at poker schools? Will it pay off in the future?

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
There is lots of free places to learn poker. You know there is a 30 day course on here. Paying for poker coaching can be expensive, like golf lessons or guitar lessons. It all depends on what you want to get out of it. If you are playing for fun then I wouldn’t worry about coaching but if you are going to get serious about it and try to be a profitable player then yea get coaching.

Ataman911

Ataman911

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you really want to learn how to play well, everything will pay off in time.
I would join some foundation

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now is the time that you can learn everything at the Internet and you can learn it on YouTube or other regular poker sites, it’s quite simple and free.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
our forum provides a lot of information about poker and you can learn here and you need to do it. There are materials that you get for free as our forum members, the main thing is to find time to study. There are also schools you talk about there teach for free you should not spend money on school

Viparida

Viparida

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You could also buy some books. There are some e-books for free about poker on amazon.

joan moreno

joan moreno

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
There is a lot of information about poker on the internet but nothing compares with a teacher or someone who dedicates time to you and there is one in the process

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think its best to start with the free resources like CC, pokerstars school, free training videos, etc.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Here at CC you will really learn how to play, but a piece of advice, to test your knowledge, nothing better than playing with play money, and in freerolls, even if it's with pennies on the dollar, it's hard to see your bankroll emptying

B

bababooey

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The best place to learn poker is to read and try to understand the game first and foremost.

You will need to know the winnings hands and this website has all the information for you to learn these aspects.

Reading books and strategy articles will also help massively.

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The more you play the more you should naturally learn as time goes. Sure you can read books and be active in the forum to gain knowledge from others. But most of all the more you play the more you learn.

Zaner

Zaner

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Where is the best place to learn poker? Is it worth spending money at all (albeit not very large, but still) on studying at poker schools? Will it pay off in the future?
the best site is the GTO

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Live or online poker?

In my opinion there's plenty of free available material everywhere now days one doesn't need to really spend money on books and courses. Specially if one is playing 2nl-50nl online or 1/2 live.

Once reach you 50nl, are crushing and playing well then it is time to think about potentially paying for coaching and such things. While working your way up and before you're crushing 50nl online focus on working on the following: patience, bankroll management, mental toughness and tilt control. Get a handle and master those 4 things they'll take you a long way with just a simple basic TAG style of poker.

Also if you're playing mainly online invest in a HUD even if the site you play on doesn't allow you to use one during play. HUD's are also invaluable for studying and hand reviews. I use Poker Tracker 4 and recommend it 110%.

Cheers!!!

P

ppartizan2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the best place to learn poker is just by playing. I am not really a fan of those that read thousands of books just to know that the odds on a two card exit at the river is about 4.5 %. I say just play as much as you can, and you will get the best reward in poker, and thats experience.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
There is lots of free places to learn poker, If you need someone to teach you poker, read and take notes on 30 day Cardschat course
(which has the highest quality free stuff) and study those notes every night picking one thing to apply to your games the next day.

lifecoach22

lifecoach22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It all depends on your desire to learn, any foundation school has a pretty good base in poker, as long as you have the motivation to study and it will definitely pay off in the long run

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
A lot of poker games, the best place is experience) And cardschat to get this experience))

N

nazarkrasnuk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Engaging in discussions on forums or poker community can be a valuable way to learn from experienced players. You can ask questions, share hands, and gain insights into different strategies.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
There are tons of videos online from different years. You need to watch the video, write down the main points and thoughts, and sit like a robot hammering away; like a factory worker. If you watch videos in batches and there is no point, you need to either quit poker, or get a “divine kick” somewhere, which, by the way, is not guaranteed to work.

M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The best place to learn is one at the poker table, at least in my opinion the best way to get good at something is to practice.

W

Wega85

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
YouTube. forums like cards chat and most importantly just play

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Here, I think are all the things that help you how to play poker

sabir

sabir

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are several sites and videos on the internet there are free to learn how to play poker,
self-made is not bad idea, but its on the table where you improve your game and gain experience
play more freeroll and sat can help at the beguening