When you're losing at poker.

ssory83

ssory83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My friend. When i loosing on poker i must retiring on the table.

furnitura47

furnitura47

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I lose, I make a sandwich, a cup of tea. Sit down and cry while trying to remmember how happy I was when I won the last time in 1987...
Peace:rolleyes:

Highscoregodx

Highscoregodx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lose streak - tilt - pause for a 2 days - everything goes back to normal.

With each new day, I try to accept defeat as inevitable. The main thing to keep in mind is that this is just a game

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What should we do when we are losing every day in poker? Best of how many days to play again What do you do when you are in a situation like this ??

Try to identify why you are losing. This is the hardest part of being successful with poker. Having the ability to analyze your own game honestly. This is also where it is helpful to have a good friend who can help you find the areas of your game that require the most improvement.

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Why I lose

Other than the typical bad beats, I find I mostly lose when I get too aggressive. There are times when you're short stacked that you must become aggressive, even gamble, but there is a time once you've recovered your stack you need to settle down a bit. But once I enter aggression mode it's hard to stop. I have to remind myself, ok, you don't have to go all in on this one. Oh, and stupidity. I occasionally lose games because of that, too.

M

madmandown

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Losing is a part of game so accept it and move forward.

saha2000

saha2000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is definitely worth taking a break from the game and analyzing the current game, check where mistakes were made and whether it was possible to play the hand better.
It is also worth devoting time to study during the break, there are quite a few articles here on the CC forum.

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you always need to take a break, make out the distributions where we lost the most, and not make such mistakes anymore.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To me what has proven to work is to play in other poker rooms and completely abandon those who give you bad beats. That is, abandon until your luck comes back normally, I mean.
May sound strange, but it has worked for me.

olewerkrd

olewerkrd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A short rest and a change in the type of game.

italorohdrigues

italorohdrigues

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's all about the long run, I try to get use to losing because most times that will happen more frequently than winning. I can't really distinguish if I'm a bad player or not because and don't have the volume to measure that yet.

And I think that's pretty much it, I bet the big majority of poker players losses more often than win

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry for you if you are on a losing streak. It´s hard. Been there. What really helps is to go off poker, do sth that totally interests you, and come play with fresh eyes and perspective. Hope it helps!

Nicolasd07

Nicolasd07

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, when you have to lose many times in a row, it is best to stop for a few hours or a few days, because that need to recover what you lose is what leads you to stay with your bank at 0, probably in some situations you recover what you lose, I I have done it and I have recovered what I lost or gained more even but most of the time I have stayed at 0, so my advice would be that when you lose several times the best thing is to rest and try your luck at another time

R

ravhin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When it happens to me especially to other players beating you with 72 off beating your pocket QQ then take a break

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What should we do when we are losing every day in poker? Best of how many days to play again What do you do when you are in a situation like this ??

"The ability to get out of the game correctly and on time is as necessary and important as any other skill for a long winning game. You can improve this quality by practicing it more often, just like any other skill or skill. Talent is to get up and leave the poker table when you really need to, even though you may not want to. There is a way to practice this skill. Take a lot of breaks, and it doesn't matter whether you are ahead or behind, whether you are stable and balanced or in the heat and tilt, then you can form this quality much faster than when you consider "quitting" as something that happens once a session.

"Leaving is easy. It's always harder to just get up from the table." "Tommy Angelo."

By the way, I highly recommend reading it. It allows you to look at many things in a different way.

P

piguimaker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Despite reading a lot about it, variance plays a very important role. While I wait for the change my partial solution is to go down a couple of levels until I check a normalization of the game and I received back there to the previous level.

koisug

koisug

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When it happens to me especially to other players beating you with 72 off beating your pocket QQ then take a break
Also, what are these players? :thumpdown:thumpdown:thumpdown
I do not understand, I always believe that such moves are the drawbacks (conspiracy) of the poker room!
There are only two cases, in my opinion, when you can play for 72 - a check with BB, and auto all in when there are no chips left.
But I was moved 7 2 my AA, there is even a saved record in BOOM. Just hands down at such a moment!:eek:

Andrey FRIFIN

Andrey FRIFIN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Losing is normal, the main thing is not to stop and improve your skills, losing less tournaments)

T

tamara822

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best advice is to take a break for a few days. Let it be two, three days minimum. It is normal to lose in tournaments. It's poker. :) And in those few days you can play play money tournaments. And improve your poker skills.

Andrey FRIFIN

Andrey FRIFIN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, first you need to calm your nerves)) because sometimes you can lose everything, try to think and disassemble the hand in which you made the wrong decision, turn off poker and turn on the movie or go for a walk with friends, just switch to something else)

I agree that the game will be completely different from bad emotions, you just want to return the money you lost, making mistakes in other tournaments. So they have no place in poker. For example, I take 5-minute breaks during the session, go to the balcony to smoke, but I know that this is a bad habit, but I can calm down that way

R

ramignis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
every day when you lose you have to analyze your game and analyze your mistakes. then look for ways to fix them.

Copag

Copag

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only you can answer that, when you will feel comfortable to return to play after several defeats, there are people who will be fine after days other people after a few months. But after that happens what you should do is study the game more and not play so much in the beginning, use your free time to study.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

If you never win , quit playing. If it is a streak thing, take a break for a few days, see if you get your concentration back.

rodo 2285

rodo 2285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I am tired or angry about some incredible play to lose, I lose my patience and erroneously play