And when no good cards come what to do?

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general, these are mathematical distributions of random numbers, of course, expect a decent hand for a money battle. If in tournaments you can play with different hands depending on the stage of the bankroll.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
A lot of patience, that is the key, at some point a good hand will fall on you and if not then take a risk and the variance decides :D

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No good cards

I fold, fold and fold. Wating is a virtue just be patient and they will come. Capo1014

P

Panda19977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When my stack is ok I just wait for better cards. When I’m getting low then I wait for a good position with at least ok cards. when like 3-5 ppl payed blinds and then I all in to force a 1v2/1v3

G

Galette71

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me i am waitiing and waiting but its discuraging sometime but i try to be patient

G

glebchekotin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats why i dont like to player tutbo and therefore hyper. In normal speed i have an opportunity to fold much more

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just patience, fold but sometimes you have the chance to enter to flop whit garbage for low cost.

B

booosteeer23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the poker table, you need to look for weak players and try to win chips from them! Well, there how the card will fall!

gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
Better to wait for a better hand, especially when we have too many chips or at least good positions. Calling the flop for the sake of information only is a big mistake. You have to be patient, unless we are below 10-15BB, then I recommend waiting for a good card and position and playing with a potentially better hand.

S

StateDeParis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look to play agrresive when i am in possition and fold when i am not. At least poker a wayting game.

pitoplay

pitoplay

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
wait and drink tea until your range and stack let you play

B

bobor19871987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bobor19871987

So friends alright
I wonder what you do when the good cards are gone from your hands, and there are only bad cards coming off without matching numbers and symbols?
You risk and flop with what you have, call middle pair and then what to do?
Do you rush or wait patiently for good cards because you think patience overcomes the curiosity of seeing a flop?:confused:

I'm waiting for good cards, but when I see that I'm not doing well, I already know that it doesn't make sense to play poker anymore.

davidkimtai89

davidkimtai89

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is not alway you have a highs cards , you often meet with a low cards ,you can choose to fold waitting for a reliable cards . It also require skills such as raising , or fold , pay attention, lucky and opportunity will make you won . I play won and lost in common .

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
build a tight image on the table, and then try a few moves without the cards, but expect to take advantage of the position.
It's just my opinion.

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends on 3 things...your stack...and your position...and your table image.

If you have built a tight table image, you could try to make move or two in late position when the action has been folded to you...or if your stack allows it, make some cheap calls in late position with atc, and hope you get a fat hit on the flop.

It's a real downer when this happens...i have occasionally not played a hand for an hour in the middle stages of an mtt during a dry spell....just be patient...it should turn around eventually....hopefully before your stack gets too short.

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold, fold, fold, fold, fold.
Use the time to make notes on your opponents. If you are down to 10-15bb and in late position (co/btn) your post-flop play will be pretty much gone anyway. If SB and BB fold a lot OOP you can shove almost everything preflop in late position with a halfway decent hand If there is no action in front of you. Don't bleed out your stack by limping .... You need ammo later.

Yes, that is good advice. And less than 15 BB you are already in push or fold mode anyway. Thanx

CylleP

CylleP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So friends alright
I wonder what you do when the good cards are gone from your hands, and there are only bad cards coming off without matching numbers and symbols?
Do you rush or wait patiently for good cards because you think patience overcomes the curiosity of seeing a flop?:confused:

If this is a tournament, then it depends on the distance. And as a rule - enter the game with a good card, throw off all the rest of the trash. And if you don't hit the flop, don't risk it, wait it out.

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
patience is always

patience is always better than curiosity. the problem is to be cold-blooded so as not to be tempted to pay. or get on edge with nerves for not going and seeing your cards beating opponents with you out of play

M

mortimccarthy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed patience is the way all you need is one good hand or to hit one flop good for a double up if you find youself getting blinded out in tourney games might have to open up you're range a bit calling with 67 suited for example..

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When it doesn't come as good cards what to do don't just think about good cards try to bluff as if you have them in your hands poker is not a good card game but strategy

AjR3ckless

AjR3ckless

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After learning about value betting and watching a few games online youtube and couple other place in these situations I consider to either call it a lost and try to bluff the others off the money or I just fold and wait on the other hand but it's dependent on the situation and cards on the table

AjR3ckless

AjR3ckless

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When it doesn't come as good cards what to do don't just think about good cards try to bluff as if you have them in your hands poker is not a good card game but strategy

Really love this point "poker is not a good card game but strategy" I've bluff off persons with basically no hard and couldn't believe it actually worked the couple times I did so it's really about your strategy for real and shair luck too at times

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
So friends alright

Do as Daniel Negs does...

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 3460.jpg
    ScreenHunter 3460.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 9

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Facing reality..

This is a too familiar scenario: start out a tourney getting good cards, then, mid-way through tourney, nothing but marginal cards, things never get back, and you finish out of the money, and you played it correctly all the way through.
A loss, is a loss, but you can handle losing when it's variance, going against you. When you are hot to begin a tournery, odds are, the cards will stop coming, and you end up a loser. Nothing you can do, it is part of the game.
Philosophically, doesn't do any good to go on tilt; turn the page, there is always another game.

To answer the question, I deal with not getting any cards by taking a long-term viewpoint, eventually things will go my way, and when they do, I make sure to enjoy my good fortune.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Patience is always the best strategy. Play very tight and you can bluff a few times.​