And when no good cards come what to do?

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
New deal - new cards. Everything is completely random. They can hand over the garbage again, or maybe a monster. Once upon a time it was not necessary.

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can play well with the cards you received, you just need to take into account the position, the number of players in the pot and the size of the bet.

C

colino17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to maintain your patience. Don't chase or limp with nothing. If the table style allows you may be able to steal a few pots in position.

1player1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can play well with the cards you received, you just need to take into account the position, the number of players in the pot and the size of the bet.
You will always have periods where the cards are not good or you have decent cards but no hits. Play with care and wait for the good cards - they will come eventually

voljare1234

voljare1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there are no bad cards in poker, especially before the flop.75% of the flop hits one of the cards.

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wait for suited or two pair and watch the flop if there is a set, straight draw, flush draw then I play further but it all depends on luck, even with top flush it happens on the river to open another full house

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To endure and only to endure, poker players have nothing else to do.

leifen

leifen

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Have patience and the cards will comes. Just steal some blinds now and then ;)

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

In this case, it is unnecessary to play at all. Just wait. If the situation does not change until 16 big blinds, then go all-in with any connectors or any suited cards.

Estrategico

Estrategico

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well we shouldn't go without doors that without cards it is almost impossible to play, usually when that happens it is a sign of the famous bad luck, but I have a strategy when it happens to me. I usually start to Realize that the cards have run away from me. I simply restrict the played hands to the maximum and limit myself to playing impositions with monsters monsters, super aggressively. But in reality what we have to keep in mind is simply to play our best game regardless of what cards we are holding. This is my point of view, a hug to everyone is with God.

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No one won a tournament only with nuts...

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just fold until you get a decent hand, then if you have <10 bb just go all in and accept your fate. Also it always helps to get lucky and crack someone's aces.

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Me when I don't get cards for long periods of time,I pull my best poker brat imitation and whine to everybody and anyone who will listen,then go on to the next game:)

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Set up a nice bluff against someone who knows to fold. Then show your bluff, next time you have it and get paid off again.

darkhan160171

darkhan160171

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
play a few tables. This solves this problem.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's okay, I keep folding, if I go under 10BB choose some suited connectors for steal or get a bit luck and double up.

Much more annoying, when the cards are coming - example yesterday, FT, 4 players left, everybody is between 15-20BB, I got AA vs AJo, preflop allin, and I am out - and I lose the 80-85% vs 15-20% preflop allins, don't talk about the river 1-3 outs fall in series... I started to play today 3-4 hours ago, and I had 3 river set against me, got beaten by smaller pairs in hands against my high pairs, lost A higher kickers against A smaller ones, also lost sets, 2 pairs on flop against backdoor flush, straights.... I see already, today is going to be a huge minus, lucky, if I can reach few ITM, do not mention FTs.... What then???

P

putski

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lots of good comments..
I my self will fold a lot and wait for the rite position to preraise.
steal pots when possible!
good luck to you all

Alexander Rubcov

Alexander Rubcov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play without cards, and do not lose

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Fold.
You know that.
I know that.
(Doesn't mean we all do that all the time...but we know we should).
Being card dead will happen. It's just part of the game. Waiting it out is also part of the game. And then a card streak will come along and pick you up again.
But when you fall for the temptation to "take a punt" or "just see a flop" or "just play one out of boredom, you are splashing away your hard fought chips.
That said, if you are paying attention to the game at hand, there will still be planty of opportunities during the lull to exploit an opponent.
You do not need cards to make a play at the right time, attacking the particular person. It is not without risk, but blind stealing from overly tight players to your left is one such opportunity.
But otherwise, just grab a pile of (physical) chips and click-clack away, giving your hands something to do whilst you wait for the next hand.

I break this rule far too often...so this post is as much as a reinforcement to me as well as to you, but, just bloody fold. Recently, I took a peak when I shouldn't have, and got suckered all the way to the river. Left me without a significant chunk of my chips.

The next hand, AKs hit the nut flush on the flop. Got paid, but less than I lost the previous hand as I hadn't had much left.

Poker rewards patience. If you are not patient, this is not the game for you (but I'll welcome you to my table anyway).

Cheers,
ObbleeXY

M

martinf1971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
go nuts, tilt and burn your bankroll....

That what usually happens, meantime, would be great to stand up after few hours of insanity, and close the day with small loss.

Sometimes, it works, but if I am in a series like nowadays, 1 day/week without the 50% beats on river by 1-10 cards, hard to stand up after 1-2, max 4 hours play, 6 times a week....

That is why I do not like online poker, it happens in live too, but not so insane way, series, does not repeat it sometimes for months, rarely for a week in live.

That is a very bad sign, when you are afraid to play with monsters, afraid to call an all in against one opponent with the nuts on the flop.... especially, that 50% or more, my 'afraid' get the proof... the best one from yesterday, JJ hand, J62 flop, allin and I am out against 57o cards..... I need to buy a box bag, hitting something else instead of the table and the couch....

I really get you here my laptop screen has been changed that so many times, Your so far ahead and theres only one card they can hit out of the remaining 45 cards and somehow they hit it.

R

Rabberto71

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
It just happens, sometimes you can go on a long run of rubbish but the trick is to be patient so that you still have chips when you do hit something , still play your position and take some blinds here and there but just have patience and the cards will come back to you eventually :D

M

martinf1971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's okay, I keep folding, if I go under 10BB choose some suited connectors for steal or get a bit luck and double up.

Much more annoying, when the cards are coming - example yesterday, FT, 4 players left, everybody is between 15-20BB, I got AA vs AJo, preflop allin, and I am out - and I lose the 80-85% vs 15-20% preflop allins, don't talk about the river 1-3 outs fall in series... I started to play today 3-4 hours ago, and I had 3 river set against me, got beaten by smaller pairs in hands against my high pairs, lost A higher kickers against A smaller ones, also lost sets, 2 pairs on flop against backdoor flush, straights.... I see already, today is going to be a huge minus, lucky, if I can reach few ITM, do not mention FTs.... What then???

THis is where bankroll Management comes in lets say your Bankroll is $110 thats 100 $1.10 Tourney entries on pokerstars if you can win just 1 out of 100 tournies you are building your bankroll. Take the Bigger $1.10 if you played that today 1st $607.05 2nd $301.64 3rd $212.79 4th $150.11 5th $105.90. Generally I reach the final table 2 times out of 100 in these then get into the Bubble another 8 or so times. The thing is if you play $1.10 and $2.20 games if you do well in your $1.10 games and dont do so well in your $2.20 then your bankroll isnt doing so well. So stick toone level once your bankroll has increased so 100 x $2.20 = $220 then move up and stick to the $2.20 level. Some people say have 200 buyins but if your a decent player then 100 is more than enough. The aim is to make the game profitable for yourself if you have discipline before long you will be playing games where you make enough money to live on. In theory thats how it should work lol.

LemonAmnezia

LemonAmnezia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends on your playing style. If you are a more aggressive player you should still be patient when you see that you are gettin snapped f.e. . Besides that I think that the good cards will come if the games not rigged. I wish you all the best and a lot of luck mate!:jd4:

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Thread: And when no good cards come what to do?

Depending on the rivals, position and situation in which I find myself, I act in different ways :deal: