And when no good cards come what to do?

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I have enough chips to slip into the $ in freerolls, I lag (my bad) and try again when I'm in there. Never in CC tourneys though! If you're hurtin, hey try the K5 and 72 :)

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To me, I just continue to play my game and stay in the moment, and not dwell on not getting good cards. It happens to everyone, it's all about how you handle that adversity, just like how you would handle a good rush of cards - try to continue to make good decisions.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When good cards don't come, I just have to wait because you can't play such cards, eg 7 2 or Q 5, these are throwing cards without thinking.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
go nuts, tilt and burn your bankroll....

That what usually happens, meantime, would be great to stand up after few hours of insanity, and close the day with small loss.

Sometimes, it works, but if I am in a series like nowadays, 1 day/week without the 50% beats on river by 1-10 cards, hard to stand up after 1-2, max 4 hours play, 6 times a week....

That is why I do not like online poker, it happens in live too, but not so insane way, series, does not repeat it sometimes for months, rarely for a week in live.

That is a very bad sign, when you are afraid to play with monsters, afraid to call an all in against one opponent with the nuts on the flop.... especially, that 50% or more, my 'afraid' get the proof... the best one from yesterday, JJ hand, J62 flop, allin and I am out against 57o cards..... I need to buy a box bag, hitting something else instead of the table and the couch....

wsopgirl217

wsopgirl217

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I've encountered this scenario a few times during my poker career. I try to be patient, but sometimes that doesn't cut it because you'll just end up losing. It's good to watch your position in the hand and try to bluff when you can to try to steal the pot. For example, if your opponent keeps checking, their hand may be weak. Just test out the players and go with your gut!

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Concentrate more on the other players helps to have your mind focused and not tilt until you get some playable hands. Or be reckless and enjoy the game more by donating your stack and make people happy.

M

martinf1971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My Favourite time of the game is when you start getting near the bubble the players tighten up a very lot and you can jst bet a little and they fold. If they call then you bet a little again and normally by the turn they fold if they call again you check on the river. Tournaments are really good you need to squeeze other players if you have taken note of how they play and you are right you will find positions to squeeze and increase your chip stack.

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When no cards come what do you do

Just play your position. And try to get in hands cheap.

N

nenkov407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best way to deal with it is to get up and go read something about poker :)

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yesterday it was with me, I played cash nl hold'em, good cards did not come for 5 hours, and if they did, there were no matches, bluffs did not pass ((, in the end, my patience broke, I lost 3 buy-ins, closed the poker room, and I calmed down)), there are no words........

LitPavel

LitPavel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
FOLD EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!

While playing weak cards and getting lucky works for some, it doesn't for everyone and it will only take you so far, so many times.

My suggestion is to keep folding until you get strong, playable cards. Especially when the blinds start getting high. It's not worth risking ANY chips to see the flop if you don't have strong cards to start.

Use the time instead to really study how others at your table are playing and even open other tables from the same tournament to observe. Make notes about their playing style and anything else that may give you an advantage when playing in a hand with them.

And just always keep in mind the #1 thing you need to have in poker is PATIENCE;)
The strategy largely depends on the speed of the tournament, but still waiting for only good hands is a bad idea. I think it is necessary from time to time to play a potentially strong hand, for example K2 suited not seem a very good hand but if the flop falls and map suited you will be a monster draw and if the enemy raised with AK in the future it will pay you well if you bundle monster on the next street. In my opinion, this is the point of playing poker to use different strategies and approaches to the game, otherwise everything would be quite simple.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There is a concept in the Russian language (perhaps it came from I do not know English) playing cards that is the combination gather and play in poker that is to replay the players and the cards are of secondary importance! So good players play poker rather than waiting for the map!
yes yes I've read that too...play the player, not your cards:)

LitPavel

LitPavel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So friends alright
I wonder what you do when the good cards are gone from your hands, and there are only bad cards coming off without matching numbers and symbols?
You risk and flop with what you have, call middle pair and then what to do?
Do you rush or wait patiently for good cards because you think patience overcomes the curiosity of seeing a flop?:confused:
Of course, you don't have to watch every flop, but you don't have to wait for good hands either. Read the different strategies of the game in tournaments this will help you to understand more how to act in a particular situation at the table. Of course, this will not guarantee you a win in the tournament, but more experience will give you more chances. Good luck.

D

darkryanx22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
particularly when I don't get a good hand, I often play the same if the cards are the same suit, or I have a hunch that those cards can do something good

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When the good cards don't come, there are only 3 things to do:

Patience
subject
Aggression​

M

martinf1971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Position Positon positon it all depends what positon you sit at if you are on the button and everyone has checked a little bet will a lot of the time win you the pot.

L

lesson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the main thing is not to fall into tilt. I play as I feel at that moment, or I leave for a while in silence, then I will take mine anyway

marianexbj

marianexbj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I think that the first thing you should check are the ranges to play depending on the position, and if it is in tournaments also check the hands that we can play profitably for the amount of blinds, there are no good cards and bad cards, if you are clear about the ranges you will see that your game will change completely. If you play just to wait for the premium hands you will lose and they will take advantage of you at the tables.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Card dead, don't let your stack dwindle into nothingness. Pick your spots and make your moves before you have no other options. you simply cant win them all or even place in them all, poker ....

P

PEGAMEUALLIN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is game of patience, fold and wait for the worthy hand

AQA272

AQA272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just wait....Sooner or later, they'll start handing out good cards anyway

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tip of the day..
if you play on stars, look at the chip graphs of the players in the top 20 after 2+ hours play.

manuela2910

manuela2910

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wait until good cards come ...

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Waiting for good cards can take a long time and therefore, so that the blinds do not eat your chips, you need to somehow bluff in a suitable situation.