When do you get most nervous playing poker?

rictor99

rictor99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get nervous when I go all-in, when I bluff, and when I reach the final table in a MTT.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
I'm usually nervous when the bubble is close and I'm among the last positions, it is a time when most players play aggressive and are not afraid to go all-in.

L

lesson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It makes me very angry when I lose with a good hand and when they go all-in preflop for every little thing, not letting me play. It's nice to play with more adequate players. You also need to bluff wisely and not on every move with anything.

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bubble with AA

OK, when do you get most nervous playing poker?

For me it's before the game starts, don't know why but the first two hands my hands are shaking real bad.
Actually I do know why. It's because I'm so excited about playing and so full of hope as to what's going to happen. (This could be the one)

I hate it when you playing bubble tight and you raise hijack with AA and the button shoves and the SB shoves and the Button shoves and you all have about the same stack size and you call. (not always mind you) but when i do call that situation thats when i feel nervous cause you know online aces get cracked head up alot and worse with multiple opponents lol. Other than that just when im short stacked all in and a big stack calls with any two lol always a sweat.

J

juliendesp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When i take bad beat from the space.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I get into the top 100-200 in a "big" tournament. :) (like sunday million)

S

Sabrinaamoura

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ever

ever because I'm new to poker. but I'm already in love with the sport

marianexbj

marianexbj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would get nervous when I went far in a tournament and I was very afraid of making a mistake that would make me lose, but I think it is the worst thing to do. Lately I am playing calmer, taking the time for each decision, that makes me play calmer and better. The more we study and we are more sure of what we are doing, it will help us to choose better and not get nervous. regards

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
keyed up

I'm just like the hulk, I'm always nervous. lol

monicamusse

monicamusse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you go all in without limits and without a hand. I like a good game

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:cool: when I'm reaching the final table, if it's from the sunday storm even more hahahaha

If you lose, don't be frustrated , understand, you did the best you could ...

M

maroca06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get very angry when my internet goes out, I have a good game and I can't play. It is to stay P ...

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know if you mean live tournaments or online. I play mostly online, and the only thing that can make me nervous is that my opponent, when all-in, won against me with a much weaker hand. This is the most offensive to me.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if the stakes are already high.

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
There is always a motivating nervousness when playing poker.
But when I get most nervous is in the moments before entering the prize bubble, that's when I feel the pressure the most.

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Nerves of steel

There is always a motivating nervousness when playing poker.But when I get most nervous is in the moments before entering the prize bubble, that's when I feel the pressure the most.:D

W

WHAKAORIORI

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I’m trying to dodge a A on the river lol also when I’ve been re raised all in on the flop with open ended straight draw and flush draw . So hard to fold .!!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
AT this point in my poker playing carer, I dont get nervous anymore. I only realized this in the last year or 2 though. What does happen to me in those moment is now just excitement of the moment. The 3 moments below are why I say this.

wsop 2019 money bubble. I liked at my hand and knew I could make my 1st cash and I 3bet shoved my hand to a bigger stack. Was looking for the double up and no I did not have aces. Being on the stone bubble it was just excitement of the moment and there was no nerviness at all.

My 1st WPT MAIN event and sitting down for 8 hours playing Shaun Deeb. Playing in a main was exciting as hell. I had no expectation and just wanted to have fun. I was going to have fun as Shaun Deeb who was ranked 14th according to GPI index at the moment in the world sat down in seat 3. I had no fear but realized I was about to see and play against such a high caliber player made me excited as hell. Even when he stared me down for 30 seconds when I 3 bet him i had no nervousness. Well I may have been worried the 2nd time. It was a bluff and he did fold. Talk about a priceless moment.

WPT side event. 5 away from the final table and just took a hard beat. Look down and pocket 7's and just did what I needed to do and went all in. I lost but was not nerves at all.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've solved my nervous problem:

I don't play in buy-ins that are too high for me.

I stay in my "comfort" zone, and it has solved that problem.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've solved my nervous problem:

I don't play in buy-ins that are too high for me.

I stay in my "comfort" zone, and it has solved that problem.
As well as what you said, I also would say I think out my hand, try to bet right and that is all you can do...I remember that I too have sucked out on someone, if I am ahead when the chips go in, you have to feel good about that.

G

glebchekotin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When im tryuing a stupid bluff

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I dont understand why am I having such non stop bad luck . My draws dont get there and my made hands dont hold.Once or twice is ok but some days ,its unbelievable

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
I am always in the same spirit, but when I am All in, even with AA preflop I get nervous because of the "variance"factor !

:damnmate:

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I dont understand why am I having such non stop bad luck . My draws dont get there and my made hands dont hold.Once or twice is ok but some days ,its unbelievable

I felt that way just yesterday, sometimes it is not your day.