When do you get most nervous playing poker?

W

wizz99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometime get nervous about making a bad play at the start of a game. So if I'm playing a game online I might play something at lower stakes just before as a sort of warm up.

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK, when do you get most nervous playing poker?

For me it's before the game starts, don't know why but the first two hands my hands are shaking real bad.
Actually I do know why. It's because I'm so excited about playing and so full of hope as to what's going to happen. (This could be the one)

Tilt is the main problem of a poker player. I myself try to cope with tilt, especially when they move with trash hands, and everything seems to be an animal inhabiting) We need to work hard on this, then the game will go uphill ...:joyman::deal:

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to be nervous, but now poker only makes me smile)

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Buble makes me extra cautious. Getting AA at that time makes me nervous because im jamming it.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dear friend, hello!It is necessary to fight with nerves and play poker in this state is not worth it.Playing in this state will eventually lead you to lose your bankroll and decline in strength.Well, if you always feel fear and this is your usual state, then maybe the doctor will help you) good luck!

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I get nervous when I really want to go to the toilet. And the break isn't coming soon. I don't like to miss moves.

G

Galette71

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tilt is the main problem of a poker player. I myself try to cope with tilt, especially when they move with trash hands, and everything seems to be an animal inhabiting) We need to work hard on this, then the game will go uphill ...:joyman::deal:
Hello is it possible to explain what (tilt) mean please

K

kojuma

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mostly play cash games and I get pretty nervous when I have a table with 200+BB and get a strong pocket hand

gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
the nerves are a bad adviser.
It happens to me most when I play at higher stakes, disproportionate to my bank. Then I automatically change the buy-in level by playing it cool and not make mistakes.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

For me it's before the game starts, don't know why but the first two hands my hands are shaking real bad.
Actually I do know why. It's because I'm so excited about playing and so full of hope as to what's going to happen. (This could be the one)

I used to get nervous, especially in live games. But then after several year of monthly home games and periodic live games, it just switched from nervousness to excitement, pleasure, joy, etc. I love the game. There is so much to uncover and learn, and winning is very sweet.

But for my regular Friday night game (you know the one!) I get excited because it is playing poker with my mates. Sure I love to win, but I also love that everyone is getting quite good...so it makes for a good game.

I can certainly imagine though Fushi, the next time we go downtown to the Rainbow/Gala (whatever it is called these days) and play live again, the nerves will come back! But I suspect that will turn to excitement as I'm not quite the same fish as I was the last time we were there together! (Do you remember it? I think Pedrofideon and Wizz99 were there too...Prolly more than five years ago...)

Cheers,
ObbleeXY

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it’s when the tournament is coming close to the bubble and I’m short or when I’m playing a big cash game hand.

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I try to pass a dangerous bluff at a decisive moment, my heart seems to be going out of my mouth !!!:D:D:D

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once Ive made it to final table then I get the excited but nervous shakes.

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello is it possible to explain what (tilt) mean please

Tilt - the state of a poker player caused by strong emotions from winning or losing, in which he plays in an unusual style and begins to make many mistakes in the game.;)

J

Jyko3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
easy solution, try snus, really helps, you just dont give a damn about anything

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to get nervous but not anymore. I played in Vegas at a cash game 500 min and I was doing good until I realized who I was playing with. Then I started to shake and loose. I left the game down 700. I was for the weekend over 3000, but would have lost it all if stayed. After that I have never gotten nervous again.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i tilt a lot
helps sports and walking

T

tamara822

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is just a game, and there shouldn't be any nerve-wracking. :) But... there is... I mostly get annoyed when I make the same mistake, again. I tell myself I won’t repeat it, and I do the same thing again. Well, that's the moment when I totally run out of nerves.

G

glebchekotin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im nervous in the last minutes before game starts. The i dive into the play and dont worry at all, only in some important pushes

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nerves

nerves !!! always the skin. lol

G

Galette71

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tilt - the state of a poker player caused by strong emotions from winning or losing, in which he plays in an unusual style and begins to make many mistakes in the game.;)

Thanks a lot

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Excitement is before the hand is dealt..

Excitement in poker is about possibilities, winning, or just playing well. The nerves can ramp up if I think, 'I'm going to do this, if I get this scenario..", then the cards get dealt. Once the game starts, I focus, put all the unnecessary scenarios away, and let things go; you can only control your end of the outcome.
Nerves, thinking outside of the game, are harmful, concentration is key.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

You probably have high expectations in the game, so you are nervous. Maybe you should treat poker (in particular online) as a simple game?

B

bobor19871987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bobor19871987

when I'm nervous when I drop out before the win as the penultimate:confused: