When do you get most nervous playing poker?

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK, when do you get most nervous playing poker?

For me it's before the game starts, don't know why but the first two hands my hands are shaking real bad.
Actually I do know why. It's because I'm so excited about playing and so full of hope as to what's going to happen. (This could be the one)

Last edited by a moderator:
infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
OK, when do you get most nervous playing poker?

For me it's before the game starts, don't know why but the first two hands my hands are shaking real bad.
Actually I do know why. It's because I'm so excited about playing and so full of hope as to what's going to happen. (This could be the one)

I have been playing poker for more than 10 years, and this wonderful game brings me only pleasant and positive emotions. Please try our free course, and thanks to it you will significantly improve your skills and learn to control your emotions.
https://www.cardschat.com/become-a-winning-poker-player/

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I generally get excited just before I start to play poker but I guess it depends on the level of stake you play poker the higher the stakes the more nervous it can be.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play what you can pay then u will not so nerves.

Not all-in preflop as possible, except short stacks or deep stacks.

SecksyGambler

SecksyGambler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find that I can get nervous on final tables because of the massive pay jumps. I know that with one mistake I could be out hundreds or even thousands of dollars.

I've been working on managing my nerves in this situation and I've seen slow improvement. I think that I just haven't gotten to enough final tables to completely calm my nerves.

It's a shame poker makes us suppress out feelings because it would make a hell of a television show if everyone could scream and cry when they wanted to.

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was down to heads-up in a Micro Thunder tournament on Global last week and the idea of winning the trophy had me more nervous than I've ever been. I went out second and even though I won some money...I really wanted that damn trophy lol. I normally don't get very nervous.

sara maria

sara maria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I started playing poker, I didn't have a computer and had to go to a cyber cafe, I made a deposit of $ 20, maximum $ 50, but when I started playing ZOOM on PS, I would get so nervous every time they came out. a couple 77 and I saw that someone was playing all in, I did not know what to do my hands were sweating I felt the sensation in my abdomen like tickles, but in that moment of adrenaline those strange phenomena occurred that suddenly all the computers around me turned off and Only mine was left on and the cyber clients called the manager, and the manager did not find the problem and after an hour the computers began to work, and that happened to me about 5 times the same phenomenon, I remember once the manager he told me,Hey, the electricity went out only in the place and I don't understand how the computer is still on, and it was the truth, I never knew what happened, it was an unsolved mystery, I never returned to that place I never knew what happened, if it was a natural phenomenon, or maybe it was me, maybe because of the fear of losing my brain, it made a clip, and turned it off, if the same thing happened to someone, let me know, to my CC inbox. :D

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only get nervous after the offensive bad beats that cost me participation in the tournament, unfortunately they have been regular lately.:)

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoom

Oh, I get more nervous when I get an AA and face a KK and the villain bites me in the river.

Now looking forward to the $ 11 high buy tournaments

And I get my heart pounding when I'm in a big pot and I'm nuts and the villain goes all in.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get nervous when I have a strong pair in my hands and I am losing.:(:)

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I get more excited than nervous immediately prior to the game starting . . . and I think you are correct in the excitement is the hope that lies ahead . . .

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have that emotional feeling before the game that can make you nervous, but I think it's the anxiety of playing and the uncertainty that it might happen at the table.

Personally, I think that anxiety is what is generating those nerves when playing, I tell you from my own experience.

don't get ahead of the results, just sit back and enjoy the game and focus a lot so that you have good decisions when you are playing a hand.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I get nervous after the book appears on the river {the only one that shouldn't have come} and I'm all in

B

booosteeer23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why be so nervous this is just a game and nothing more!

swimbles

swimbles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nerves are just part of the game.

The only thing you can do is play to the best of your ability.

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nerves

I dont really get nervous playing poker. When you have been in as intense situations as I have. A poker decision aint that big of a deal.

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The closer the final table, the more nerves:icon_bigs:icon_bigs:icon_bigs

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is always adrenaline in my body, every day I play, I always don't know why but I always try to be in a position, and in good control of my hand, without getting into complicated and complex situations, sometimes my nerves betray, I I try to control them, I've been in this for a long time but this happens to many people, they are very nervous and afraid to take risks., hahahahahahaha.

poker is like nerves, if you don't know how to control them, the perimeter will conquer you ...

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nerves

Cool as a cucumber, no reason to be nervous. Maybe when you get married or buy a house. When you deliver your son then nerves might tilt. Chew on a carrot before the games start. Relax. Whats up Doc Capo14

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you need luck?

In a big tournament do you need to have some luck to get through, or should you be able to get through making the right decisions?

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I used to be nervous too, but not now. I think if you are a disciplined player and follow the bankroll management system, then you just have nothing to worry about.
Good luck.