What's your attitude towards slow acting players?

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In poker, some players act slowly every single time! Personally I feel annoyed by them: what's your feeling?

Last edited by a moderator:
dsmilez

dsmilez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get pretty annoyed as well! If I wanted slow poker I would just play live lol unless we're on the bubble of a tournament or making a big decision, it doesn't make much sense to me. I guess you could make an argument for multi-table players, but even then, you'd be making quick ABC decisions for any situation. Maybe I'm just impatient :rolleyes:

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I get pretty annoyed as well! If I wanted slow poker I would just play live lol unless we're on the bubble of a tournament or making a big decision, it doesn't make much sense to me. I guess you could make an argument for multi-table players, but even then, you'd be making quick ABC decisions for any situation. Maybe I'm just impatient :rolleyes:

Sometime after witnessing the slow actions, I started do the same, didn't act until very last second of my time bank every time, then occasionally the slow player would notice and start act quickly, that is kinda funny.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Main reason for players to play slow is because they play on more than one table, so play on more tables , and you will be less annoyed.

T

Tiltmode1987

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really can't stand that. There is a player called Happy555 or something and he always takes his entire time clock up every turn. It is very frustrating. I understand if you have a difficult decision or a big hand them that is understandable.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't really care how much time my opponent spends on the deal, since every player has the right to do so! Some people are just playing for time because they want to get into the prizes, some people take the time to think about the distribution! I also play for time and it happens often, sometimes I do it specifically to make a person nervous, and when people are nervous they make a lot of mistakes! Everyone has their own reasons for wasting time and I think it's okay, if you are annoyed by such little things, then I think that poker is not for you, because in poker you always have to be cold-blooded! Good luck to everyone at the tables and more patience for you!

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Hello,
In poker tables, some players act slowly every single time, personally I feel annoyed by them, what's your feeling?
I don't care, just like no one should care about how long I take to act, everyone has the same amount of time, some people think about their decisions, and some play speed poker.

:joyman:

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think they just like to imagine people will think they are some kinda pro if they pretend to be thinking the whole thing through .... lot of poppycock if you ask me

Y

yago541

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find these players convenient because they have that time but often don't even know what they're doing right.

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I also play for time and it happens often, sometimes I do it specifically to make a person nervous, and when people are nervous they make a lot of mistakes! Everyone has their own reasons for wasting time and I think it's okay, if you are annoyed by such little things, then I think that poker is not for you, because in poker you always have to be cold-blooded! Good luck to everyone at the tables and more patience for you!

Then playing slowly intentionally is part of your overall poker strategies, I have to admit it can be a quite effective one.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It never bothered me.In most cases, I have more than one table open and I don't even have time to notice it)))But even when one table is open, I calmly wait while the player thinks

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always respect my opponent, they have all the right to take their time for their decision, that's why there is a time bank for them to use, we should not get upset about it, and more when they are final stages where people take longer to make a decision, it is part of the game, some do it quickly and others don't. We should be focused on our game and not have emotions for nonsense because that way it will affect you in your game, We should be focused on our game and not get excited about silly things because that way it will affect you in your game, one must try to keep calm in difficult moments, and if you do not like that they take too long, try not to take it important, that way you will be focused on your game.

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
Hello,
In poker tables, some players act slowly every single time, personally I feel annoyed by them, what's your feeling?
for me its very simple.

If they take their time every single hand so do i even if i have 72o:)
So i just chill and relax:cool:

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You need to learn to control your emotions and be patient if the player is slow, because everyone has a reason. For example, I had a weak Internet and most of the tournament I kind of acted slowly, so you need to respect your opponent and not worry about trifles.

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is one of the other reasons why I prefer online poker than live. Everybody has a time bank so if you take too long they automatically fold you. Where as live you can take much longer than the online time bank. Me personally I think players do that to try and tilt your patience.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You never want to let what other players do affect you emotionally as then you're more likely to make mistakes. I do tend to be one player who takes his time on making decisions. This being said over 95% of the time my decisions are easy and I will preselect fold. I think this is not a bad way of playing it. Sadly, I do know and understand why people do get bothered by some players. Running your clock down every hand and every action is not needed or necessary.

POKER_CHAMPION

POKER_CHAMPION

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't mind waiting for the player to make his move, he has the right to take the time he thinks is necessary. But if we get to the showdown and I can see his cards, then he'll know if he's really using time to calculate his hand odds or just wasting time.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't care about it. Unless, if the player would slowroll me intentionally and even then I would forget it. It's not worth to be mad at.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
honestly, it doesn't bother me or it bothers me when they take time and give it directly all-ins, as if it doesn't have another button, that annoys me, but otherwise it's their problem, their time :)

C

Complx_Poker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly it does annoy me too, however, it is their right, just as much as it is yours, to use the time they have available. Some people utilise it deliberately so that exploitable behaviour is not shown in the timing of their actions. if you always take 10 seconds to act, people cannot gather information from you that way.