What's Harder Chess or Poker?

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is harder in your opinion, chess or poker?

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's very silly to compare poker and chess! Chess is skill and talent, poker is just luck and luck)) In terms of difficulty and skill, poker is far behind chess!

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried to pick up chess and I found it to be very difficult. I think it's much easier to learn poker.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have tried to win chess based on luck only. You can't do it.

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Naturally, chess, there is practically no luck in it, at the same time in poker luck plays one of the most important roles and you cannot rely only on your own strength.

T

Tomo_Tomagio

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It doesn't matter what's harder if you win😉😂

shinmenkami

shinmenkami

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is harder.
People stated before in this post that poker is based on luck, i would say that if you are playing the luck game you never really played poker before.

Now the luck factor is what makes poker harder. In chess if you play better than your oponent, you will win. In the long run, poker is exactly like that, but in individual hands, poker is a game that you can do the right play and still lose.

Chess is litterally black and white, while poker is not.

B

bioman420

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I'm not a chess player, so I think chess is more difficult than poker

A

abyk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am thinking it is better to play chess too this will boost your poker. Chess and Poker are almost same but you need more experience. When you good in poker you will play better chess when you play good chess you will become good Poker player.
I play both. I play everyday one hr chess almost 8hr Poker.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Well I'm not a chess player so I think chess is harder than poker:)

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I believe that 50 out of 100 people can play chess well, 90 out of 100 can play poker well.

shinmenkami

shinmenkami

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that 50 out of 100 people can play chess well, 90 out of 100 can play poker well.

I believe 50 out 100 people can play chess agains Kasparov, the question is, how many of them will win? :D

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really don’t like to play chess, so, I have to say that chess is lot more difficult to play. Also, you can only know the basics of poker and win a tournament in one very lucky day, I think that’s impossible to happen in chess.

Fivefor

Fivefor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yeah, this one is clearly a no brainer that chess is harder since there is no luck element in chess like there is in poker where you have no control on what cards will come next. As someone said already, a novice can win a poker tournament because they got real lucky with the run of cards....this would never happen in chess...ever.

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definately chess is more difficult both to learn and play

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
difficult to answer but if you learn to play chess it will do you a lot of good to play poker since they are both games of stratedias and a lot of patience

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Naturally, chess, there are many more diverse branches of the development of events in them, and there is practically no luck in them and you can rely on your skills completely, but I absolutely cannot say this about poker.

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Both games are difficult mentally speaking, but poker makes me more interesting since being a game with incomplete information it varies much more.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Both of these games are in need of patience and discipline. But I do not know how to play chess at all, so I tend to think that chess is still more complicated.

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems the poker (espeсially live) is more emotional than chess. For me basic chess rules are easier, but real waighty achievements may come in poker thanks to luck.

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends
In poker you can get to level being good and then any progress hard to do and it relatively small, in chess every level of improving is grinding and hard work and very difficult to reach top

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
chess is more intense (thinking) and difficcult to master than poker in my opinion
I play both games, chess is the more deeper and beautiful game
but poker has tons of parameters and variables (stacks, positions, styles, odds, hands, action, leveling, formats, blinds, variants) and is kindof difficult.
But if you see on the other hand for instance a simple sng strategy it is not too hard..

manuela2910

manuela2910

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think chess is more difficult than poker.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker is harder, i can control what happens in chess, in poker you are at the mercy of the cards

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think chess is harder than poker. In chess there is no element of luck and chance; in chess you need talent and experience.:)