What's Harder Chess or Poker?

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A chess master can play poker and win, whilst a poker player !!!

L

lesson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely chess! It all depends on skill, knowledge and logic and thinking. In chess, there can be no random distributions and no pawn will throw you out of a strong position on the board

O

Oksana55

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chess is hard to play but poker is not easier

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It's very silly to compare poker and chess! Chess is skill and talent, poker is just luck and luck)) In terms of difficulty and skill, poker is far behind chess!

If you believe that, why are you playing poker?

That's unfortunate for you, and you clearly are not actually benefitting from the learning through Cards Chat. (But, you're welcome at my table just the same.)

True, the two are very different games, but I have often found good chess players make good poker players. The problem with chess players and poker is that chess players often seem reluctant to let a pot go, in the same way they are reluctant to capitulate in chess. It is a source of leakage for many chess players.

In comparing them, I think the only thing you can do is compare how much effort you need to put into it to become a top competitor in the game. To that end, I'd say the two are roughly similar. There are far more poker players in the world, than chess players, but in general, chess players either get good or quit...so there is a constant improvement in the overall cohort. Poker constantly has new people joining, and they tend to suck at all stages of their poker careers.

It takes a LOT of work to find the game where you have a clear competitive edge. (Sometimes it is like that with chess if you play Blitz or otherwise time-restricted games.)

With The Queen's Gambit on netflix, people are flocking to the likes of chess.com. If anyone wants a game, send through a request. I think I have the same username on chess.com as cardschat.com.

Cheers,
ObbleeXY

F

fifille07

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chess is harder for me because I don’t Know when are the mistakes I'm making... Less than poker at least.

J

Jyko3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chess is harder, as there is no "random point" your win depends only on your skill, there is no luck involved.

CKALLDAY

CKALLDAY

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both are definitely challenging. Poker is harder on me “mentally” though. I’ve rarely played chess for 8 consecutive hours+ but have done so with poker.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is harder in your opinion, chess or poker?

Poker is much more difficult than chess.
Chess when you understand the game and practice there is no surprise, it is just technique and skill.
Poker has several variants such as: against which player, position at the table, stack size, stage of the tournament, luck. are infinite nuances that add a lot of arbitrariness in the game. Sometimes even with all the correct information about reading range and everything ... the Opponent may simply have left his line "his trend" and throw all his reading down the drain ...

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you believe that, why are you playing poker?

That's unfortunate for you, and you clearly are not actually benefitting from the learning through Cards Chat. (But, you're welcome at my table just the same.)

True, the two are very different games, but I have often found good chess players make good poker players. The problem with chess players and poker is that chess players often seem reluctant to let a pot go, in the same way they are reluctant to capitulate in chess. It is a source of leakage for many chess players.

In comparing them, I think the only thing you can do is compare how much effort you need to put into it to become a top competitor in the game. To that end, I'd say the two are roughly similar. There are far more poker players in the world, than chess players, but in general, chess players either get good or quit...so there is a constant improvement in the overall cohort. Poker constantly has new people joining, and they tend to suck at all stages of their poker careers.

It takes a LOT of work to find the game where you have a clear competitive edge. (Sometimes it is like that with chess if you play Blitz or otherwise time-restricted games.)

With The Queen's Gambit on netflix, people are flocking to the likes of chess.com. If anyone wants a game, send through a request. I think I have the same username on chess.com as cardschat.com.

Cheers,
ObbleeXY
Good answer my dear. I am not an ezimio chess player but I really enjoy the game. When I'm tilted I migrate to chess and it works very well, because I have total control over the actions and I don't depend on luck. This brings me a mental sobriety and makes me reflect more clearly on the mistakes made in Poker ...

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tried to pick up chess and I found it to be very difficult. I think it's much easier to learn poker.
You are wrong, poker is much more difficult! It's easy to learn the rules. Learning to play well is another matter. There is a phrase they use here in brazil that I find very interesting: Poker is the game that takes you 10 minutes to learn and 10 years to master!

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, chess is more difficult, you always have poker, the choice of what to do. But in chess, no.

You mean it was easy to learn the rules of poker, right?
The rules of chess are extremely easy ... nowadays all software will show you which way each piece can take .and most of all, just protect your king and try to attack the opponent's king ....

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Não dá pra comparar xadrez com pôquer, e indiscutível a diferença dos dois.
Xadrez é muito difícil, você tem que ter talento, habilidades, decorar jogadas, pensar em jogadas 3 vezes na frente do seu oponente.
O xadrez é muito lindo é sensacional.
O pôquer, você estuda os gestos dos oponentes e joga em cima da fraqueza deles, conta com a sorte e tem que ter alguma habilidade também né.
O poquer é apaixonante.

Hello my friend! Welcome to the club ! I suggest that you translate your posts into English, you must have forgotten ...

Kiteman27

Kiteman27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cant suck out in a chess match.......

abildu88

abildu88

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is much more difficult. To win at chess it is enough to play chess better than the opponent, to be smarter, more experienced than him. This is not enough for poker - you need to read your opponent's mind and hide yours.:)

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello my friend! Welcome to the club ! I suggest you translate your posts into English, you must have forgotten ...
Yes, I screwed up, I think I forgot to press the translation button, peço desculpas

M

Merenitsu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course chess. Poker - 40% lucky.

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the difference between the two is indisputable.
Chess is very difficult, you have to have talent, skills, decorate moves, think of moves 3 times in front of your opponent.
The chess is very beautiful and sensational.
Poker, you study your opponents' gestures and play on their weaknesses, you have luck and you have to have some skill too.
Poker is passionate.

J

Jim_Saras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I find it harder to play chess but then again I'm not making millions by playing poker either..

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker, because in chess there is more openness, everything is visible and you can think in steps. In poker, the situation of the opponent is unknown, so it is very difficult to calculate. Maybe he's bluffing, or maybe he has a great hand?

Bugi

Bugi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't played chess in years. When I was a US Peace Corps volunteer I had a small portable chess set and used to play with Thai colleagues i a public health project. They grew up with board games that were distantly related. We would travel for 2 or 3 weeks a month through remote villages where there was no electricity so we got quite proficient.
Which is easier? IMO neither. Now I play poker every day and have improved. I win frequently until I don't.:(
Proficiency in either requires concentration and dedication. Chess was a way to grow camaraderie with my colleagues and a vehicle for improving my language skills. Poker is more than a hobby it's something which has the potential for serious earnings with discipline and practice.:D
Soon come.:fight:
:laugh:

blackclover

blackclover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me its hard to play chess than poker. I never won a match with my friends.

SharKyg1n

SharKyg1n

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my opinion is of course chess because there is no place for luck in it, maybe I'm wrong

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very difficult to compare poker and chess in my opinion. While in chess all informations about the game are available and luck plays a subordinate role, there is a large area of ​​missing information in poker. In addition, the luck factor plays a much bigger role in poker. In poker there is therefore a greater possibility that a bad player will win against an absolute top player. I think that's impossible in chess. Since there is no possibility of bluffing in chess, I find it in a certain way more elegant and chivalrous.

E

Escaffa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on priority

I always liked chess in my youth and I felt challenged to be able to make escapes and effect moves.
Today I play more poker and I see the immensity of odds that exist in the game and the fascination for always wanting to make the best decision.
For me the only difference is the priority, the purpose. Chess was not monetized and Poker has that possibility.