What’s the biggest mistake you’ve ever made during a poker game?

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
For me, I find that haste and lack of concentration are the most reasons to come out with a loss .

nakiesQUensyyy

nakiesQUensyyy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
That can indeed be a frustrating situation. It's important to maintain focus and concentration, especially during critical moments like the pre-final table in a tournament. Distractions can lead to mistakes and missed opportunities. However, it's essential to learn from such experiences and use them to improve your future performance. Remember to stay focused and composed throughout the game to minimize the chances of similar errors happening again.

drinker

drinker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm new to the poker. 2 years approx into it. So I want to ask what is the biggest mistake you have made on the poker table that you regret. So I can learn from your experiences. Thanks
Drunk game
This is my biggest mistake. I've lost quite a bit of money playing drunk. Starting with the fact that I played with all kinds of garbage, ending with the fact that many times I simply fell asleep during a five-minute break.

A

AntoniodeLima0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Entering a tournament by paying the buy-in, without being focused and committed to it, for example, on its duration, which will generally take time and patience.
In the games, put all your chips into play, waiting for your outs to appear, play slowly and passively with aces, depending on the strategy and the clear opponent. To put all your trust in an AK. There are countless mistakes that we learn during the games that can teach us a lot.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi, I think the difficult to fold AA, is one difficult situation, but now when I see the stages I can fold.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I already pressed the bet button when I was supposed to fold. The opposite too. It even gives tachycardia at the time. :rolleyes:

ElScorcho008

ElScorcho008

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Playing on my cellphone. I have had times where I have accidentally bet or folded when I did not want to, just by touching the screen slightly wrong

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Playing tilted and losing lots of money instead of quiting for a few hours or something

ElScorcho008

ElScorcho008

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Try not to play when you aren't in the right head space. That is the biggest mistake I have made, playing when easily frustrated. It never ends well

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There are numerous mistakes that poker players can make during a game, but one of the biggest and costliest mistakes is:
Playing Too Many hands: Playing too many hands, especially weak or marginal ones, is a common mistake among inexperienced players. It's important to understand the concept of starting hand selection and play only a tight and selective range of hands that have a higher chance of winning in the long run. Playing too many hands can lead to being involved in unfavorable situations, losing chips unnecessarily, and ultimately damaging your overall profitability.
Here are a few reasons why playing too many hands is detrimental:
  1. Weakening Hand Strength: When you play a wide range of hands, the overall strength of your holdings tends to be weaker on average. This puts you at a disadvantage when facing opponents with stronger hands.
  2. Increased Mistakes: Playing a large number of hands requires more decision-making, which increases the likelihood of making mistakes. It becomes harder to accurately assess hand values, make proper reads, and execute effective strategies.
  3. Increased Variance: Playing a wider range of hands exposes you to higher variance, meaning you're more likely to experience bigger swings in your chip stack. This can lead to more volatility and a higher chance of experiencing losing sessions.
  4. Positional Disadvantage: Playing too many hands can put you out of position more frequently, meaning you act before your opponents on subsequent betting rounds. Being out of position reduces your ability to control the pot and extract maximum value from your strong hands.
To avoid this mistake, it's important to understand the concept of hand selection, position, and the importance of playing a tight, well-defined range of starting hands. Focus on quality over quantity and make strategic decisions based on the strength of your hand, table dynamics, and opponents' tendencies. Discipline and patience are key virtues in poker, and avoiding the temptation to play too many hands can significantly improve your long-term results.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
there's not just one mistake, there are many if you play poker, like a lot of bluffing, playing all-in, you don't need a card like 55 or 77

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
and one more secret, don't play poker in a bad mood because you can quickly lose a lot of money

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Playing poker for the last money and hoping to win is a big mistake, because trust poker is very difficult, only 10% of players win

Top 10 Games