What’s the biggest mistake you’ve ever made during a poker game?

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It's a difficult topic, but I'll remember. It was a live MTT 888 in Madrid 2020 playing I didn't understand the bluff and I had A 7 and AA77 on the river, I still regret it.

Quaresma

Quaresma

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Answering your question still pisses me off.
My biggest mistake is calling the river raise.
I know it's value what the opponent has in his hand but I keep calling. This makes me lose a lot of chips and put me in a bad situation in the tournament.

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I basically threw away 85BB in a Sunday Storm, just because I didn't really focus on the table.
I was multitabling, something that I'm used to. I had QQ and I raised preflop, I continued with the action in other tables, and the Sunday Storm table popped up again, my options were fold or call all in. I thought it was a 3 bet in the preflop, but actually was an all in post flop with AKX on the table, and I insta called, to see right after that that those cards were already on the table.

I still regret it.

Last edited:
Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friend, playing for a long time, fatigue leads you to make bad decisions. Also, if you're on tilt, take a break because that's where a lot more money is lost.

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I decided to fold every hand except for the American Airlines just to make it in the money at a tournament... And AA didn't show up.

Diegochak

Diegochak

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Playing with noobies thinking they are pro's

pabbl

pabbl

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
My biggest mistake was to retry to enter a tournament I already played 🤣

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing at a poker club that 80% of the players smoke. At least I had some good sessions there.

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
One day, my senior fulhouse lost to Fulhouse on the bottom pair with a big pot. It was very disappointing.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I make so many but being upset or being tired make me worsen

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't remember ever making a big mistake in poker. Here I remember all my losses and wins, and I can’t remember. Any number of common minor mistakes.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
usually my big mistake is that I relax to much when I get a very big stack and try to bluff or play almost any to cards :)

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My biggest mistake is not playing according to the bankroll and unfortunately I do it very often !!!

JetmirDulja

JetmirDulja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
well i dont know if its the bigest .. but i bet it quilifies ... playinga lot of hands is a kind of mistake .. low cards ... calling without thinking .. today i am playing the first freeroll .. ...hadnt been able to play on fridays .. andi have been a longtime silver memeber .

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
My biggest mistake wich i will neverlearn from it is : Get in a battle with loose canion bluffer player ...and he gets lucky with trash hands.... Also my seccond problem is losing focus on the game and play stupid

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the time holding AA seems to me i play them wrong and loss a big pot.

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
The final table, I go all in with pocket aces and lost the hand, I learned that at some point in the game it is not worth taking too much risk and playing more sensibly.

Artemloshara

Artemloshara

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There are mistakes when you have a very good hand and, in your opinion, you will now 100% take the bank, but some not very good man appears who gives all-in and you start thinking and realize that you will not stretch his hand and just drop the cards, this is my biggest mistake, which at the moment is still present)

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Beting all my bankroll in sports,not playing the correct buy in size for my current bankroll,withdraw all my bankroll and similar things,i guess bankroll management in most ways
Good luck
God bless

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Yes, in general, there are no such mistakes, they are the same everywhere: somewhere you can play better, somewhere you outplayed yourself, somewhere you didn’t play according to the limits, which made it difficult to make a decision, somewhere it didn’t work out.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Biggest mistake I've made is probably one we've all made and might already be listed above didn't read all replies.

Live home game. Misread my my hand because like a moron I didn't double check after the turn and when the river hit I though had the stone cold complete nuts. The fact that the river was perfect for the hand I had just before probably helped as well. Cost me $200 which wasn't near as bad as the embarrassment when I flipped over what I thought was nuts all confident and it was pointed it out it was a big fat nothing.

Cheers!!!

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
My mistake when playing poker is that I have no patience...

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I make mistakes every day. This is poker. Everyone is wrong.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
When I was a beginner I had the tendency to overestimate myself ... after I had won some SnGs in my first week on PS I thought: 'Hey, this isn't hard at all!' I then entered events with higher buy-ins which absolutely were out of my league, lost 90% of my bankroll, deposited some more, rinse repeat, ... and in the end I felt like a big old donkey.

Top 10 Games