What is your relationship with poker? love or hate.

Sicamous

Sicamous

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
For me it's all passionate love wish I could marry'er! <3

Even when she ticks me off! ;)

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it depends on the day , when you are about to play maybe you love the game but there are days when nothing hits and you start cursing the game in an insane way lol

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You must be playing for the wrong reasons, losing is the nature of poker, even the most successful poker players in the world, have a lot more losses than wins, don't let that influence you, always play the best you can and try to get better every day. , is the only thing you can do.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm hopelessly in love with poker, and only wish that it didn't expect me to always pay for everything. :(

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You must be playing for the wrong reasons, losing is the nature of poker, even the most successful poker players in the world, have a lot more losses than wins, don't let that influence you, always play the best you can and try to get better every day. , is the only thing you can do.
Ted Williams 406 Failed 6 of 10

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
We spend a lot of time and attention on poker it's love. Another question is do we love to lose and how does it feel to lose???

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Its like a normal relationship. There are highs but also some lows. But you knew what you must give and what you get. Shortly it could be a rollercoaster. For example in the important freeroll in the month the 1.000 dollar cc. I had a good stack and loss the main stack with a9 against a7. Then i fight back and in the itm. Important win. Maybe i reach the final table, it would be great love for this evening.

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I hate it with a passion tbh...if it wasn't for the money then I wouldn't play it.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Forgot to mention in my previous post - me and poker are planning on throwing her husband in the river and eloping together… 😙🎵🎶

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
my relationship is very complicated, it varies a lot when i gain pure love, when i lose total hate.
Hi.
I understand you very well. I have a very similar situation. My girlfriend hates poker and sometimes it's hard for me to find a compromise, but somehow we find it :)
You just need to be able to negotiate :)
Good luck.

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It is in between...Sometimes u love it all over and than comes the dude named variance and than u hate it like hell... ;)

nachopaulo19

nachopaulo19

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends largely. Today especially is hate as I lost 3 sit and go's in a row by 6 players on the river. The players at the table looked like they were playing bingo, calling with nothing in their hands and getting lucky on the river.

staytrue001

staytrue001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
sometimes love, sometimes hate, I think it’s okay (hope)

F

freerobert

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
In this moments LOVE (Straight Flush from today 12.02.2023), but i had a lot of moments i will explode...

Straight Flush 12022023

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My attitude to poker can probably be described with the words need, necessity.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My relationship with poker is a beautiful one because I love to play poker.

X

Xcalibur

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
As Egor Creed said: I love and hate. I hate what I love

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love to play poker- but I hate it lately. Way too many bad beats over winning. The odds should even out a bit.. and I hate that the odds are still going against me.. how long can you run bad?? Seriously!?

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
As in relationship: it's bad with her, but it's worse without her...:)

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
There is a saying that hate is born from love, I think that sometimes I love it and other times I hate it hahaha

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
easy hate cause can´t win a hand being ahead 90% of time

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
No matter your relationship with poker, your relationship with yourself matters, the better you feel and are happy with yourself and with what you do, the easier it will be to learn to play, make decisions and not blame yourself for the mistakes you may make at the tables.

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Poker is a very casual girlfriend. She wants a very open relationship and I'm cool with that. I tend to disappear and ignore her from time to time. She doesn't care and will be there for me when I return.
Sounds great? It usually is but once in a while she brings out a big strap-on.