What % of your hands are bluffs?

Yoda82

Yoda82

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never bluff! I only bet my hand if I have the nuts!

Seriously though, it depends on how things are going. If I am hitting a lot of hands and winning at showdown, my bluff % goes up because people are seeing strength. If I am bricking everything right and left, I tend not to bluff as much.

A

azoppina609

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
approximately:cool::cool: 0% give or take a percentage point

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My bluff has variance because it depends on how much stack I have, the bigger the stack, the bigger the bluff percentage as well.

Pudiel

Pudiel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
40% and when is not bluff I take bad beat

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lot of factors come into play when bluffing. I'm more intersted in how many times it is successful. Throwing out a percentage is worthless if you're not selling it the majority of the time.

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
between 5 n 10% for me
I don't bluff often
less likely to get caught
and then no one knows I will bluff

ganbat

ganbat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe 20%, or somewhere between 10-30% xD

jkgotsit

jkgotsit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluff%

It can very dependent on position cash or mtt the table play & my read!

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A bluff is not acceptable to a large bet! I like the semi-bluff is usually this is the norm! Good luck!

J

Johnny Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
How often to bluff?

First of all you will need to have info and notes on your opponents in order to get this right when it is time to bluff.

This way you will be able to put a range on the possibility of what hands your opponent is holding. Once you can do this you will have a better accuracy of when to bluff and know what exactly your opponent may be holding with a correct accuracy.

Positioning does come into the equation a little but not much.
It really comes down to what you put your opponents range on.

If your getting over 60 % accuracy on your bluffs I would say your doing great. Always leave room for not always being correct , this way you can still comeback and rebuild your stack.

And you will make the mistake , if your getting away with all your bluffs. Then your not bluffing enough.

CTAPYXA

CTAPYXA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only bluff against one opponent if my stack is at least twice the opponent's stack. I didn't check the percentage.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I bluff very little but it means when I do they normally get through

Sobewan

Sobewan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lately I've been thinking about the word 'bluff' and that it seems to be used most often to mean, "pretending to be strong!?" As a player improves his/her ability to read hands their value betting progresses from, "I have Aces" to, "I know you can't beat any hand with a King in it, guess what face card I'm holding?"

Maikl113

Maikl113

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Previously, the percentage of bluffing was quite high, but after reviewing your game and the whole situation, I realized that you should be able to bluff at the right time and with a certain type of players. Therefore, sometimes it is better not to bluff, otherwise your bluff will also be revealed.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm really not sure about the percentage of hands I bluff, if I had to guess it probably would be less than 30%. It really would depend on the table, players and the way the cards are falling and that would determine when or whether I bluff.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is very relevant information. kkkk

J

JeetsMcskeets89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it's like 22% give or take

P

psuedosuited

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on cash or tournament. I bluff much more frequently in MTTs, but mostly with outs and implied odds. 20%?

M

Millie232

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a tight aggressive player with a lot of bluffs. It's a profitable strategy for me, I have about 111% ROI. This only applies in person though as people are more likely to pay off bluffs live. Online I'll play a little looser and bluff less.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why bluff, they will call you down anyway with bottom pair or Ace high, just to see if you're bluffing. I ALWAYS have it! :deal:

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I am not good at bluffing , so I don't do this quite often . cbets , especially if I have some good odds to catch sth on later streets , semi-bluffs , in position almost always . If it's a free tournament I will play more loose . Exact percentage of bluffing , I have no idea , but if it's less than 10% or even it wouldn't surprise me :)

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Do you want to me to giveaway any tells to take notes of me? You've got to be kidding. Just kidding.:) I bluff, semi-bluff do whatever the table ask to me to do :)

Best of Luck

Y

yoshi352000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When it seems like a good time to bluff, when my opponents looking weak or making a donk bet on the flop. Sometimes just bluffing away, other times staying patient.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands