Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I rarely bluff. Probably my percentage of bluff is only 10-15%.

Keenlight

Keenlight

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only do semi buffs when no raise before me unless i know he trying to steal and i have a halve decent hand.

Freeman748

Freeman748

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello
Bluff about 15-20% depending on the opponent

P

Pl4tic

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey,

it always depends on my position and stack. I would say the percentage in average is around 15-20%.

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
I think mine is 30%, but I have to learn more about bluffing couse is essential if you want to win.

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is difficult to answer to give an exact % of the bluffs in general.

Optimally the bluff to value ratio should be similar to the pot odds we are offering with our bet sizing to make the villian indifferent between calling and folding, but of course this is extremely hard to figure out on the fly.

We will need to bluff at least some of the time, otherwise we become easy to play against.

If we are rarely ever bluffing, our opponents can expolit us by over-folding and we will fail to get value when we need it.

If we bluff too much, our opponents will be able to exploit us by calling down lighter and our bluffs will fail to have fold equity.

This is why we must incorperate some bluffs, but not too much into our game so we make it hard for the villian to know of we are bluffing or value betting and force him to make a mistake. We want him to sometimes think we are blufffing to call our big hands, and we want him to sometimes fold to us when we are bluffing.

D

donkey2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cant be exact

but i can tell you that i bluff in every single game

you do not need to hit to win all you need is for your opponents not to but even then you get some radical calls every now and again from people who will have a better nothing than you even if you go all in lolol
its almost unbelievable

but at acr today in the cc freeroll the flop was AQ3
now ofcourse i had the 3
my opponent bet substantially all the way to the river and after 5 seconds i pushed all in
now i have no way of knowing what they had but i am pretty sure they had better than a pair of 3s

i think online poker has turned more into a game of chicken more than anything

but its the size of the bet that can be a folding factor to see if they fold i think.
just have to go with your instincts on it is all

B

britt0392

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey All!!

I would sAy it depends on the game. When playing cash I am a pretty tight player, but if I have a hunch that theres not much action in other hands I will test the waters.

In the beginning I don't bluff much, but once the blinds get bigger I bluff more often:)

Probably about 15% of my hands are bluffs, sometimes up to 25% when I'm in the gambling mood (free tournaments)

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really depends on my chip stack and number of player remaining but typically around 15 to 20% of
hands played.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think of bluffing as an art. I think about my table image, who my opponent is and how they have reacted to other hands, what my position is, potential ranges of my opponent and what they think my potential range is, the flop and a whole bunch of other things that I'm forgetting to mention at the moment. And, most of the time you only have a limited time to think all of this through. So, I have no set amount of bluffing because it varies, but I do believe it is an important part of the game and a useful tool to hang o the belt, but it's a tool that can be (and often is) over used.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me its around 20% let's say. This percentage its not on micro stakes because i find it very difficult to bluff there. People are always curious.

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
For me, a good player should bluff rarely but always to do it when the situation allows it. The question is imprecise because it all depends on what cards you hold and your opponent's position.

P

Pete Ski

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like from the responses I am not bluffing enough

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I rarely bluff. But when I do this, opponents do not know about it. Often my bluff is not disclosed. I use semi bluff all the time.

R

rmcneice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I seldom bluff unless I have some knowledge of the target that indicates they are susceptible.

dcproster

dcproster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I am about 25%. Interesting, what is the optimal number of bluffs?

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For been balanced you need bluff combos,but you have to much off them,in micro reagion will be ok but few players use statistics programs,but when you move up true the levels you could be explored.

A

akufto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is such an insidious thing that you need to be very careful with.

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
25% in position, 5% out of position

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level