What is your current poker skill level?

Which of these options are you currently on?

• Total voters
MazzErati

MazzErati

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello, I also once thought that I would become a professional poker player, but it takes as much time as any other job, and besides that, there are family matters, you have to allocate time for your child, friends, etc. Therefore, while I am just a good player, I definitely play in the plus, maybe according to TRP I do not play at 90%, but I have a minimal understanding of this.
Good evening everyone.

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm an angry gamer, I think it sums it up better than the other options! hahahaha

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My current level of poker game is a regular player.
Imagine have 16k mtt games at just one poker room, and still playing freerolls... i can call myself a regular mtt player too.. a regular bad player lol

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess I'm just a regular poker player at the moment, and I don't think anything will change in the near future.

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I once was a profitable player, I guess I kinda still am, but more of a rec/regular guy now. Working towards being a profitable semi-professional.

Last edited:
sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the limit... I win NL2 and NL5...

lilypond

lilypond

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I chose recreational player as I only play MTTs occasionally. Poker is a hobby of mine though I do hope to make some money from it again at some point in the future.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Regular player i think because i play regular........but sometime i win and sometime i loose......this is going with my chance .......so i'm not proffesionnal and i'm not beginner.....

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am a beginner, but to be a professional, you only need a lot of money, I don't agree with those who say that you have to study for hours and hours I think it's ridiculous, because poker is a game of chance.

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have been playing poker since 2020 and currently I consider myself
an average player. Poker is not my main source of income, but it does bring me money from time to time. For me, poker is more of a hobby than a part-time job :)

CheezeWiz

CheezeWiz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well technically I guess I could choose between Recreational, Regular and Profitable, but I think Recreational is the best choice because I play for fun, entertainment and relaxation.

Best of Luck At The Tables All!

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I'll stick with being a beginner player; it suits me. However, there's something about poker that I find hard to grasp. I'm used to there being an Elo rating or a ranking system in any discipline I play or compete in, to gauge my level.

For example, if you play chess, you can state a number, and others will have a good idea of your level or how good you are. Now, in poker, I never quite know when I can confidently identify myself as good. Regardless of the results, I'll always wonder if it was just a series of exceptions or genuine skill.

The small steps are very hard for me to measure because to determine if you've improved or not, it takes a lot of time and quantity of games. And that without taking into account the variable that the people you play with may be changing.