What is your current poker skill level?

Which of these options are you currently on?

• Total voters
NootNoot

NootNoot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Profitable (at tiny stakes) beginner (my assessment of my skill level) who plays semi regularly (frequency).

I voted beginner.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Choose the option that best defines you at your current poker level.
I'm probably an ordinary player with an ordinary income :)
Once upon a time, I thought that maybe one day I would become a professional player, but over time I realized that for this I need to spend much more time and effort on the game than I can afford, so I decided to be just an ordinary player with an ordinary income :)

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm a semi-professional player because of my game, but unfortunately I don't have enough time to make a great poker career. But it's been my passion since I was 15 and I hope one day to be able to earn a living from poker.

Ingryd

Ingryd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I feel lost sometimes. There are moments when I can't believe the mistakes I make. So I'm a beginner

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In reality, there was a missing option, mine who is PASSIONATE

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Recreational player. I have poker as a hobby, I don't study enough to be anything more than recreational.

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Just a recreational player...play for fun. Sometimes try to study to get better.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hobby Player, Recreational Player, Regular Player, but more Importantly a Profitable Player, I have never lost a Dime Playing Poker, Not of my own Money, sure I buy-in to Ring Games and Tournaments but I am only using the Money I have won already.
I made a promise to my dear Wife years ago I would never deposit cash on any Site and after over 20 years I have kept that promise, Live events are a slightly different story, but I stick to a strict bankroll Strategy both On-line and in Live games, and I can honestly say I am on the plus side for both.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi
I play for fun, so I don't know which option to choose from your suggestions. I'm definitely not a beginner, and I'm definitely not a professional. I play when I have free time, so I don't play regularly. Poker brings me profit, but for me this money does not matter, since we are talking about quite small amounts. I think I'm a "entertainment player" :)
Good luck

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I chose the "regular player" option. I don't want to overestimate the level of my skills, and the fact that I am no longer a beginner is also a fact. I would compare myself to a middle fish that swimming among other small and middle fishes and trying to succeed in the ocean of poker. :poop:

5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Recreational player. I have poker as a hobby, I don't study enough to be anything more than recreational.
Same for me. I play couple times a month live. I'm not in the profit, but have cashed twice. Hopefully one day I will profit, but who knows. Just enjoying playing for now.

S

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Hobby Player, Recreational Player, Regular Player, but more Importantly a Profitable Player, I have never lost a Dime Playing Poker, Not of my own Money, sure I buy-in to Ring Games and Tournaments but I am only using the Money I have won already.
I made a promise to my dear Wife years ago I would never deposit cash on any Site and after over 20 years I have kept that promise, Live events are a slightly different story, but I stick to a strict Bankroll Strategy both On-line and in Live games, and I can honestly say I am on the plus side for both.
It sounds like you've developed a disciplined and successful approach to poker, both online and in live games. Keeping your promise to your wife not to deposit cash on any site shows a commendable level of integrity and self-control.

Maintaining a strict bankroll strategy is crucial for long-term success in poker, and it's impressive that you've been able to stay on the plus side for over 20 years. It's clear that you've honed your skills and developed a deep understanding of the game to consistently turn a profit without risking your own money.

Your dedication to poker as a hobby while ensuring it remains profitable is admirable. It's a testament to your commitment to the game and your ability to approach it with discipline and strategy. Keep up the good work, and may your winning streak continue!

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
in the future we will try to become a professional player and do everything to do this. I hope that someday I will be able to play at a professional level and then tell everyone that I started with the Cardschat poker community and that many players will learn and come here to study and train as well as communicate, I hope I will be able to

Inabit

Inabit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I'd class myself as a recreational player, I'm comfortable and profitable at the micro stakes level but If I want to move up I'll have to devote more time to the game.

M

Misanthrop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
I'd also rank myself as recreational player