What you do after a Bad Beat

SMD Jabroni

SMD Jabroni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes I'll flip my laptop over and drop it on the floor.
broke a usb stick that was attached to it once :/

HAMC81

HAMC81

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes I'll flip my laptop over and drop it on the floor.
broke a usb stick that was attached to it once :/

Dont feel bad. Ive broken 3 screens (2 laptops and 1 42 inch plasma), like 8 mouse, 6 keyboards, 5 or 6 closet doors, 1 motherboard, and probably 2 desks and 4 doors.

Then again, I train MMA so I easily break things

victoor_06

victoor_06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I smoke a cigar and continue again

A

andreii955

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I smoke a cigarette, and I'll go ahead and if necessary trying to I change my strategy, so is life, so is poker, that's nice for poker as you logged into a State of agitation, gives the feeling of challenge and makes you living life in a more active manner.

vita087

vita087

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lift breathe, go to the bathroom, not to be tiltado, and game that follows.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Better to just go out, chill with friends, do some workout ..anything that helps to move on and be more careful next time

M

mastahbates

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Eat 14 raisins, run in a circle for exactly 23.3 minutes, flush the toilet 3 times, and you are guaranteed no more bad beats until the next one.

That is where I have been going wrong. I was only eating 13 raisins!!

deaddep

deaddep

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I break headphones, keyboard, and Desk)))) :еек:

billbaffles

billbaffles

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually cuss right when i see the card hit that beats my strong hand and then tend to loosen up a little bit for a few hands to try to win one. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. Other times though i dont let it affect me or even if im a little upset i stick to my game plan and continue to play tight until i get another premium hand. Having a large bankroll in contrast to the limit im playing really allows me to do whatever without having a huge effect on my overall ability to continue to play overall.

R

rattacazzo1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
what to do to control himself before several bad beats

I am unable to control myself before several bad beat I've been taking MTT ... I wanted the guys to and help the best way you do not lose your head and return to your style without go on tilt

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A) Classic music or Jazz. Mozart helps a lot.
B) Dumbbells or something for physical exercises around your pc.
C) Cool drink like a glass of pure water, no gas, no sugar, maybe with lime or limon. In the evening hours i replace water with green tea.

you need such ABC all together. or your own ABC... not just AB or AC.
Here is why - Classic and calm music helps you to get rid of the stress. BS like Rap, Beyonce, Heavy Metall and such - they only add more stress and another bonus that Classical music gives - you think better while listening to it. Physical exercises also help you to get rid of the stress plus they help you to stay fit and burn the fat while playing poker instead of gaining fat if you're just sitting and more terribly sit+eat... and the last one that works well is pure tap water. Drinks with sugar like cola or juices only add more stress to your body and brain. That's how it works for me, i hope it will help you too.

R

rattacazzo1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A) Classic music or Jazz. Mozart helps a lot.
B) Dumbbells or something for physical exercises around your pc.
C) Cool drink like a glass of pure water, no gas, no sugar, maybe with lime or limon. In the evening hours i replace water with green tea.

you need such ABC all together. or your own ABC... not just AB or AC.
Here is why - Classic and calm music helps you to get rid of the stress. BS like Rap, Beyonce, Heavy Metall and such - they only add more stress and another bonus that Classical music gives - you think better while listening to it. Physical exercises also help you to get rid of the stress plus they help you to stay fit and burn the fat while playing poker instead of gaining fat if you're just sitting and more terribly sit+eat... and the last one that works well is pure tap water. Drinks with sugar like cola or juices only add more stress to your body and brain. That's how it works for me, i hope it will help you too.

good

qkamara6ina

qkamara6ina

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I drink alcohol, a lot of alcohol..

Fish2014

Fish2014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After awhile you get used but before it destroyed my monitor screen jajajajajaja it is best to take this calmly and analyze the by that that situation reminds than if you play on tilt the more likely it is that you keep losing

Ivab

Ivab

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never get upset because of the separate losing hands. Even if I was ahead. Sometimes even the whole day not lose the chance. And this I can stand. But when bad flying 2-3 days it is annoying, without any obvious errors. And usually worsens my game. Then I'll just take a break and do not play with the money for a while. I play only freerolls, or even refuse to play. Better for myself, I have not yet come up with in such a situation.

BBr3

BBr3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I cuss about my horrible luck, and then remember that even aces only win 65% of time online 1v1 (preflop)

qkamara6ina

qkamara6ina

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of people says that after bad beat they do something like..going for a walk outside or spending time with the family, it's very beautiful and good , but let's say if we play in tournament any important one and someone take on bad beat half of your stack, then you don't have so much time to restore yourself, you have to be ready to play on the next hand, am i right?

HAMC81

HAMC81

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of people says that after bad beat they do something like..going for a walk outside or spending time with the family, it's very beautiful and good , but let's say if we play in tournament any important one and someone take on bad beat half of your stack, then you don't have so much time to restore yourself, you have to be ready to play on the next hand, am i right?

yep in that case punch the wall a couple of times and sit back,lol

T

tomatientje

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think of the statistics and know I will win when I do the same thing next time...
And then I cry.

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
F

HI.the best thing after a bad beat is to walk about 5 minutes....you need to relax and play with a clear mind ....otherwise you will loose control and your chips probably...so try to be calm

K

kevin mccallum

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah taking a break is best, it is so easy to go on tilt and lose even more otherwise, I know this from bad experience.

Y

ycebox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends if i'm in a tourney or in a cash game if it's a tourney again depends on how i do on the other tabels but if i got busted like 2 times in the last 5 minutes going in with the best hand and getting called by 39 , 82 , J2 , and the m... f... hits his cards i might breake smth swear a lot , loose some more and bounce out for the day