What you do after a Bad Beat

tetragorod

tetragorod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you start thinking a lot about your past, it becomes your present and you can't see your future without it.

Dutchtegon

Dutchtegon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it happens I often go mad and most of the times I will exit the tourment pretty soon after it. I know that is not how it should be, I try to concentrate on something els insteat

Roadie

Roadie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The usual words out of my mouth are "Are you kidding me? Runner runner? Again?" Then I go have a snack lol. Never play mad. From playing freerolls and small touneys I had bank roll of $30 when I was laid off. I was upset and I lost most of it that night. Whoops!

tetragorod

tetragorod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bad beatis what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans

R

racorel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For my relax i smoke....and i waith for a good hand...a strang hand

M

meltdown

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All you can do is shake it off... take a minute, reevaluate the situation --- and once you're confident there's nothing you could've done better, just move on. If you hold onto a bad-beat, you're gonna get angry, play worse, and tilt more.. so just shake it off, walk it off, take a break. whatever you've gotta do to get on with life and go back to playing your A-game.. remember, poker is all about making decisions under stress.. minimal stress = maximum performance. good luck

tetragorod

tetragorod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
speak to himself--You have to believe in yourself even when you doubt the whole world.Never say: "I was wrong", better to say, "really, how interesting it turned out..."

Stocky373

Stocky373

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ask myself: "You dickhead, why you played it as if you played first? It's your mistake. Play again...be better...don't do mistakes if you want win."
It works slowly, but works

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My next thought is what are my next two cards. I have yet to have a positive EV experience with while tilting on a bad beat. Rebuy and move on.

cat24550

cat24550

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rarely get a badbeat. I usually lose because I played stupidly. But the few times I have lost to a true bad beat I did get a little upset and I usually quit playing poker for the day.

tolka4off

tolka4off

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are a lot of situations when u beat with good hand but flop is awful, so can u call it "bad beat" ?
Just drink a cup of tea and listening my music: it's helping me to relax.

HAMC81

HAMC81

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get like 30 bad beats daily, when they bust me out of a tournament 4 out of 5 times is because a bad beat. online poker is all rigged to balance results to the maximum so bad players go broke less often and best players get their "fair" share of beats. You can still beat this, but basically need to avoid all ins as much as you can and even then is all a crapshoot...

Its all a big scam.

M

mikikunc

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ever wonder how someone with 23 paid until the last straight and makes me break AAA
then it hurts me :(

Its all a big scam ? Or luck ,
I never have luck like this

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just laugh it off.

And make sure it's an actual bad beat and not a cooler. You shouldn't be get mad over coolers.

If it's a true bad beat, then it means you got your money in as a huge favorite. Think of the positive and how much EV you have in the long run, instead of being result oriented.

This is why it's so easy to shrug off really bad beats. I know I'm winning/making more in the long run that short term variance doesn't bother me.

I don't get why people break things. At least make sure it's equal to the stakes your playing. Whats the point of breaking a $25 mouse if you're only playing 2nl. Now you have to buy another one and that's like losing 12 buy-ins. Where is the logic.

D

Daniella23

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I go to the stadium and run to blow some steam off. The anger leave me after 5th roung))))

L

Lance Webster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when i have a bad beat i normally think of all the bad beats i have given others and think karma is a bitch then smile :)

meagain00

meagain00

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
After a bad beat I keep playing, but after 3 or 4 bad beats in a short time I take a break.

meagain00

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just wonder......ask myself why and go on.....

69317e1f6ec0c3a224c32f13eb591190.png

T

TheWiseWeasel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bad beat

Well it depends...If im home alone i curse a little bit,and if im not alone is stay quiet and get over it:)

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello Excellent People:

After you get that speacial and unforgoten Bad Beat, "that special is never" what do you do to get your pieces of mind strong and fullfil again?

Sometimes I drink a shot of Macieira, is a Portuguese Brandy very, but very sexy and relaxing.. And you, let`s see better and sexiest therapies...

:7h4::2d4:

:evil:

After a bad beat ...you need to raise your chair and walk for 5 minutes ....you can relax and play again because if you continue instantly
you will be affect from that beat.....so you need to calm !!!

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes I disappoin in poker and play very bad,try to be calm in that situatuion.....