What is the worst mistake a player can make?

Adi_XAS

Adi_XAS

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
a mistake that many people make like me is wanting to "play too many hands" even with hands considered weak, you pay to see if you hit something and you chip.
I also make this mistake and end up losing in a very short time :(
But we learn from mistakes.

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
On the contrary, I play too few hands. I play too tight.VPIP 14-16%. That's not very good either.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The error you describe mainly affects players who have just started playing!!! I would add a few more mistakes to this list, such as underestimating your opponent, overestimating your own hand, or bluffing too much!!!

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The worst mistake in poker is to go all-in with 72 😂😂😂

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
a mistake that many people make like me is wanting to "play too many hands" even with hands considered weak, you pay to see if you hit something and you chip.
The worst mistake of any player is to be proud. Not to recognize its own mistakes and flaws, to think we are better than others, to act as we have nothing else to learn, not to consider the opinions of our peers, engage in selfish discussion to prove ourselves, not to accept mistakes, whatsoever that put us in a high position that instead of help us to improve, mitigates our capacity as simple humans beings and students.
A solid mindset is a thing that requires years of discipline and training. So we can stand in the position of the one who learns more than teach.
When we start to break the veil of our “self” i.e., “ego” we begin to grow up not only in poker, but in our life.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My best mistake was learning the game!

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
the worst mistake is playing hands that you don't need to play and think logical when you know you're going to lose but you want to test your arguments, it's better not to do it very bad

staytrue001

staytrue001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The biggest mistake is to give in to emotions and get into excitement

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The first thing to do in order not to lose your entire bankroll due to inexperience is to remember the main mistakes of novice players and carefully avoid them. To become a successful player, it is not enough to know the rules of poker. It is also necessary to choose the optimal bankroll (gaming capital) management strategy and stick to it. It determines how much of your capital you can risk during the game session, and how you will move up the limits as the bankroll grows.Learn to evaluate pot odds. Remember that luck in poker is not the main thing. With luck, you can win one day or even a week, but in the long run, you will need certain knowledge and skills to win. Many gamblers tend to attribute their wins to their own talents and their losses to bad luck, leading them to overestimate their skill level.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chasing draws when the pot odds and equity is not good. It can cost you a lot of your stack.
Playing above your bankroll is a huge foresight people make.
Not learning about the game on a regular basis, you will lose if you don't.
This list is endless to be honest.

A few personal peefs of mine. Not folding Ace rags, when faced with 3/4 bets. The amount of time I see people get knocked out/lose cash with crap kickers to there ace.
Donk betting, betting into the aggressive players has its moments, but it's a losing play.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
There are a few of them, but playing on tilt is the worst.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
There are a lot of mistakes, I don't know which the worst:
- playing on tilt
- playing with emotions (playing with revenge/sympathy)
- limp with a good hand
- obstinately clinging to the cards that seem good to you, regardless of the cards on the table

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Limping to sitters is the worst play a player can make, it hurts all the active players at the table.

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Basic mistakes are playing out of position, playing too wide pre flop. playing too passively on flop turn and river.

Baurzhan11

Baurzhan11

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
hello, I think that everyone can make mistakes in poker, and personally I think that for me the biggest mistake is to play tired and angry and angry at the players and, of course, playing drunk, this can lead to loss of money, but I listed only those that I consider big, not to mention the small mistakes that can be made in the game

A

a1232

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Getting on tilt and playing recklessly/ playing too many hands. Happens to the best of us… at least to me

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We have all done that, I stopped and I am doing better now. Once in a while when luck seems to be on my side, I will still do it.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
loss of concentration at the right moment, when you think that you beat your opponent, but they beat you

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think most mistakes are made in the preflop game in my opinion... A lot of people choose the wrong sizes while making their increases...;)

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think that belittling the opponent and not paying attention to their moves

martinoni

martinoni

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Try to enter the game with no knowledge and with a money that is not yours... like credit card.

O

oroochimaru

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The worst and worst mistake poker players may make, in my opinion, is failing to detect when they are in TILT and as a result, failing to realize when it is time to leave the table and go home(live) or cease playing (online). Start by expanding your game too much in the hopes of rebounding from a bad session. The emotion of irritation and fury that our ego generates prevents long-term vision, keeping us in a session that ends in failure. We are constantly thinking about that terrible beat or Coolers that happened an hour earlier. TILt has to be the worst opponent for a poker player to battle and identify.