What time of year do you consider the most successful in poker?

M

Marcelobp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think winter is the best!!! Because in the other times of the year i have more predctions to practice other sports like tennis, soccer and i dont play much poker.

A

aixacarl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nowadays, any moment is good, as we are all at home on a daily basis.

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
definitely the winter--have more time to play--don't feel like I should maybe be doing something else like work

S

scrappypower

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
summer more people out the house

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, perhaps the best and most profitable time is winter. Probably this is because usually in winter I have a lot of free time.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not sure about the successful time, but I play much more in autumn and winter, because I spend much more time in 4 walls)))

T

Tomiveres

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best time to play poker it was in the quarantine . I played a lot during the covid 19 and i can tell you it was very profitable . I'm playing mainly on pokerstars and they have lots and lots of fish during this time .
I think in autumn and winter is the best time to play , and obviously weekends especially Sunday is the most profitable .

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Winter. Uniquely. In the cold winter evenings, the best way to spend time.

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want to know what time of the year you have the most in poker and what is the reason?
The most successful time for me is still the month of August, and this one in 2020 has gone very well for me as well, and that's when you just start. In my country there is a saying when someone wins a lot of money due to the lottery, horse racing, any type of sports betting, and this is the saying: "He has already made his August".:elefant::D

A

anadrijav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All times of the year are good for playing poker.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want to know what time of the year you have the most in poker and what is the reason?

Superbowl and other big sports events.

Thanksgiving and X-mas time brings in fishy tourists who are visiting from other places and want to relax with some poker.

Big conventions that occur any time of year.

Good luck !

voljare1234

voljare1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's definitely winter since then I'm more at home then in the summer I'm just going to go here and there and I don't have that much time to play poker

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes it has to be winter for me. Just to busy with work during the summer and then too knackered on a night to play. Going to do some serious grinding this winter to find out what level I am at :)

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is difficult for me to single out any one time of the year, but according to the results of last year, I can say that September is the most profitable month for me. Apparently, this is due to the fact that our community celebrates its anniversary in September. :D

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most successful time for me is still the month of August, and this one in 2020 has gone very well for me as well, and that's when you just start. In my country there is a saying when someone wins a lot of money due to the lottery, horse racing, any type of sports betting, and this is the saying: "He has already made his August".:elefant::D
I can't say because I haven't even been playing poker for a full year yet xD Maybe I'll let everyone know what I think after a year if I remember to return to this thread by then lol

All times of the year are good for playing poker.

This is my prediction to what I would probably say.

It depends on local factors. In Daytona, when NASCAR is in town, Feb and Jul, or when they have a bike week, Mar and Oct, there are 300K -500K tourists in a small town looking for something to do. Many of the tourists drink, many of them play poker, many of them do both.

That is four weeks of juicy poker when the room is at max capacity. Many of the players are vacation only type players or home game players. Play at the 1/2 tables and many of them will need coaching on not splashing the pot, when to post blinds, some will even have to be told at every turn what their bet, call, raise, fold options are. It can be tough on the dealers and it can try your patience as a player.
However, those bad players will often run thru $500 or $1000 before they decide they can't compete and then they leave making room for new money at the table. During these times, if you get a good table, you can make more on the 1/2 than the 2/5.

Wow; very cool perspective, that makes a lot of sense. Actually, just a few years ago I visited some relatives in Florida (everyone seems to have some relative in Florida lol) and visited the Daytona race track and Daytona Beach when I was down there - very cool place (I didn't visit during the tourist-y months though).

If I am ever down there around this time, I'll make sure to grab a seat at the 1/2 tables and be aware of what you describe - sounds like it is a paradise for a reg/pro :)

AdonisPimenta

AdonisPimenta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on local factors. In Daytona, when NASCAR is in town, Feb and Jul, or when they have a bike week, Mar and Oct, there are 300K -500K tourists in a small town looking for something to do. Many of the tourists drink, many of them play poker, many of them do both.

That is four weeks of juicy poker when the room is at max capacity. Many of the players are vacation only type players or home game players. Play at the 1/2 tables and many of them will need coaching on not splashing the pot, when to post blinds, some will even have to be told at every turn what their bet, call, raise, fold options are. It can be tough on the dealers and it can try your patience as a player.
However, those bad players will often run thru $500 or $1000 before they decide they can't compete and then they leave making room for new money at the table. During these times, if you get a good table, you can make more on the 1/2 than the 2/5.

Nice strategy , reading and taking notes carefully ....:D

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no time of year that I play more or that I win more, the results come naturally, maybe there are the months that I play more, and this is due to the fact that there may be a series or something like that.

JoseFerreras

JoseFerreras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a specific date, just when the big series are on PokerStars.

YoSoyMarce

YoSoyMarce

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
three last months of the year the end of the year is the best ambient for play

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I really like to play it in the winter

H

Herwig28

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyday

I feel honestly all of them everyday is best time to play poker!

mountainfox

mountainfox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best time to play poker is in the summer or Holidays. That's when most people have free time to play because they don't have work to do.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
winter during christmas and new year time.

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Winter time, when we have the dark, windy and raining evenings.

That is my favorite poker playing time.