What time of year do you consider the most successful in poker?

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to know what time of the year you have the most in poker and what is the reason?

C

Cesum Pec

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on local factors. In Daytona, when NASCAR is in town, Feb and Jul, or when they have a bike week, Mar and Oct, there are 300K -500K tourists in a small town looking for something to do. Many of the tourists drink, many of them play poker, many of them do both.

That is four weeks of juicy poker when the room is at max capacity. Many of the players are vacation only type players or home game players. Play at the 1/2 tables and many of them will need coaching on not splashing the pot, when to post blinds, some will even have to be told at every turn what their bet, call, raise, fold options are. It can be tough on the dealers and it can try your patience as a player.
However, those bad players will often run thru $500 or $1000 before they decide they can't compete and then they leave making room for new money at the table. During these times, if you get a good table, you can make more on the 1/2 than the 2/5.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
All of them? Cause for me it's not such a big difference whether is it currently spring/summer/autumn or winter :cool:

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think summer is a great time for poker, and in my experience likely the time for the biggest fields which normally translates into a lot of new players. Something about all the traditions that summer brings also just seems to fit with poker too :)

C

Cesum Pec

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in Central Florida, Orlando down to Tampa, winter is the best time. All the snowbirds come down. They are generally well to do, retired, and bored looking for a past time.

Come summer, they all go back up north and a lot of the poker rooms then run fairly empty.

T

twoG1cup

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online I imagine post-wsop since many people watching will want to try it out and have a few $ to spare

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me winter is the season when i play most frequently as i stay more at home in this season. In the summer i play least frequently (especially july and august) because there are too many other things to do outside when the weather is good.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I play poker only when I have free time, so in my opinion, the best time is when there is free time. :D
Good luck.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that the time of year is not the most important thing in poker. The main thing is a well-organized event !!!

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best time for poker is winter and autumn, when it rains and it’s cold outside, you sit at home by the fireplace drinking brandy and playing poker.:D:)

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Usually, the best time for me is the weekend. On the weekend, I have enough free time to play in my favorite tournaments.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, successful time of year in poker - it's winter. In winter, a lot of free time in the evenings, it is possible to spend more time playing poker.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me from november til january and from april til jully are the periods when i play most frequently
why
because I have less obligations at work

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I won my biggest win in winter,but I think it's just a coincidence and so no matter what time of year to play, when you're lucky, then you're lucky;)

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is winter for me. I love when it is cold and snow falls. I have loved winter since my childhood and it is a fabulous time for me.

adriantempo

adriantempo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I play the same, I just get more out of it when there are better events.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
Summer is the best!!!!
Know why?
Cause you do not put your hand in your packet to warm them and lose your turn
in play
Rgds

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I also have to say, that I like and tend to play more in fall/winter time. But my best results I had in summer time about MTT.:D
Do not ask me why. It is just like this.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
well for me it's all much the same, the season don't make much difference, it's a matter of avoiding all thos nasty suckouts and bad beats lol

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does get pretty hot in the summer in the southwest. Spend more time playing then and less guilt from not being outside. Really unclear if playing guiltless is a correlation to winning though. Not sure if there is a better season for success in poker for me. I'll take a positive attitude and a good night of rest as better measure for success.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to know what time of the year you have the most in poker and what is the reason?

I can’t say exactly what time of year it is successful for me, because there are different games and sometimes there is a gain, and sometimes there is a loss, but for me it’s very bad to play in winter because it’s cold and I can’t go outside and play in the arbor outdoor poker, and for me all seasons are great for playing poker!

olewerkrd

olewerkrd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there really a better time of the year for poker?) After all, there’s just time that we can devote to it, sometimes more, sometimes less) well, and as for big offline tournaments, we know the world tournaments when and where)

Slav4obaby

Slav4obaby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Winter is my favorite season for poker

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find that my most successfull in poker is scattered and not on any particular month of year. It is when there are big promotions that I have great success in.

Good luck to all on the tables!��