COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
There are no chances in a multi-player tournament. If they were to communicate with each other, the only advantage would be if they were at the same table at the final table, otherwise, it makes no difference.

Mr_Hand

Mr_Hand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are no chances in a multi-player tournament. If they were to communicate with each other, the only advantage would be if they were at the same table at the final table, otherwise, it makes no difference.

I didn’t even consider that. Very true though. Thanks for bringing that up!

danelyCS

danelyCS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I think that this type of people has everything very well studied and they register in tournaments depending on the amount of people in the network that are available to play.
Therefore, if there are 50 people in the network, they register in tournaments of no more than 200 people to be between 25% of the total players, generally the percentage of positions paid.

Years ago I play in almost all the existing modalities in different rooms and it is possible to know beforehand, knowing well the rooms or the poker networks, if in a tournament X amount of players will be registered, especially in the HI-Lo games and where almost There is always a much smaller number of people in tournaments than in Texas Holdem.

Therefore, I do not believe that these people register in multiplayer tournaments of thousands of players (usually low entry tournaments), but prefer to register in tournaments with few people with a high or medium Buy-In, and thus get advantage.

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Question

I also ask myself that question every day I feel that someone else already knows what kind of letters I have to withdraw just when I have an excellent hand it seems that they know what I have and so I get to lose someone could tell me how a person can be sure that in your poker room you are not being scammed

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I keep thinking, if I make money with all this against me, I must be really good.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think that this type of people has everything very well studied and they register in tournaments depending on the amount of people in the network that are available to play.
Therefore, if there are 50 people in the network, they register in tournaments of no more than 200 people to be between 25% of the total players, generally the percentage of positions paid.

Years ago I play in almost all the existing modalities in different rooms and it is possible to know beforehand, knowing well the rooms or the poker networks, if in a tournament X amount of players will be registered, especially in the HI-Lo games and where almost There is always a much smaller number of people in tournaments than in Texas Holdem.

Therefore, I do not believe that these people register in multiplayer tournaments of thousands of players (usually low entry tournaments), but prefer to register in tournaments with few people with a high or medium Buy-In, and thus get advantage.
Correct vision:damnmate:

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As some have mentioned like Mr Hand, this is where multi table tournaments are better. You cannot pick your table so the large multi table tournaments are not really at risk from collusion plays as the chance of ending on the same table as someone you are colluding with is minimal. Maybe possible if a lot of you and the tournament is not have a huge field but very different to a sit and go in this aspect.

Bidolaha

Bidolaha

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, yes, it's effective, and people are united, knowing each other well. But it prevents us from uniting with other, less familiar, thirst for money (and if he wins and I do not, why share when you can take everything yourself) such questions arise. Oh yeah

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't have 100% guarantee that nobody is cheating unfortunately. Big sites have some forms of protection and automatic tools looking for suspicious behavior by a player or group of players but nothing can catch 100% of cheaters. Even if you play live you can't be sure that some of the people on the table are not teaming up against you even though obviously they can not share their hands. It is enough if they know each other and play soft between themselves and hard on you.

In particular i can only speak about pokerstars as i play only there online. Theiw windows client is very suspicious and monitors far more things that you think. It can even catch programs which are illegal according to them and are not even running at the moment detecting where they are installed. I would not be surprised if it monitors even the opened sites in browser and what you type in messengers.

In android applications are written in such way that it is very difficult one application to mess with another as they are well separated. You usually have few seconds to act so you need to be quite fast on your phone to manage to switch App and share your cards with someone else.

To sum it up i prefer to focus on my game instead on such possibilities of cheating. Playing MTTs with their big fields and frequent table switching is the most secure game type to play if you are afraid of such cheats.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I didn’t even consider that. Very true though. Thanks for bringing that up!

I do not agree with the point, I think it does I happen in multitable tournaments and is worthwhile for the cheaters. I have had several incidents on ACR recently. In one 400 player tournament I found the following accounts:-
maxon1973
maxon197311
Maxon19731111

This is most definitely someone playing the same several account to win. I reported this, would have liked to know the outcome but it was not confirmed what action had been taken.

Why is it advantageous only if they make the final table? More collusion, or in this account more chances to win. If you do hit the same table before the final, you better deduce your opponents cards as you now more cards that have been dealt and can do co-operative plays or chip dumping if desired.

The larger the tournament the harder it is but then bigger payouts involved and still worthwhile for cheaters

Pretty much knocked a player out a few days ago on ACR and the player retorted don't care will log back in under a different skin. Blatantly confirming cheating! I do not agree with the multi skins. The fact that ACR have stated players must join all their tickets from different skins for the Venom final is a worry or they lose them. They shouldn't be able to build tickets from multiple skins! Surely you prefer one skin or another, you don't compete for the same tournament using multiple skins?

I have found the cheating on ACR to be more blatant and find it a worry to play on but there seems to be more fish at the same time so have kept playing but account verification does look like an issue there. But cheating does occur on all sites and collusion is probably one of the biggest types.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing prevents these people from performing these activities at a poker table online. But as long as I play only on micro tables and mostly in tournaments, it does not bother me, but at high stakes I think that it is quite possible.
I also know that players from Greece are registered to Sit & Go at high rates due to the tax laws of this country.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah the higher the stakes the more incentive to cheat.

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its disgusting, and it happens. I once had a guy ask me to get in with his group that play ignition sit and go's. Double ups I think. They get on the phone, and collude. It's kinda disheartening when you are trying to do the right thing, and you know that is going on out there.... I declined.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hi
Online maybe possible.
But in live cash games it's a bit difficult to cheat by colluding.

But I experience this between players in a live tourney, where they gang up and not play against each other.

If a another player is in the hand than its normal.

But if it's between them they just check the hand and by doing so they gang up to help each other reach the money.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I know I may sound a bit paranoid, but this has been a matter that I sometimes think about, and there's probably nothing anyone can do about. I'm not talking about bots, but about people who team up to have a better advantage over other players.

What prevents people from teaming up?

For example, say 100 people enter the same tournament. These people know each other and share their hands to have a better probabilty of winning. Now, these people don't have to be in the same room, they could probably be living in different countries and continents, but have a way to communicate with each other, so, there's no reason for any room to speculate that they're cheating and has no incentive to not put them togheter in the same table.

Now imagine having two of these people in the same table? Knowing each other hands, rasing and reraising to control the action. Now imagine 3 people in the same table... Now more than 4... Imagine being in a table full of people who know each other's cards against you!

Again, I may seem paranoid, but this can be perfectly doable if people are simply willing to cheat... once, in PokerStars, I was about to register to a 20 dollar SnG, once I saw who was also registered, I quickly unregistered as fast as I could . There were at least 15 people already registered, all from Greece, now I have nothing against people from this place, but it's too much of a coincidence to not be taken into consideration... Again it might just be my paranoic self acting up... ? This is actually the reason why I'm making this topic...

This is definitely the worst aspect about online poker, there is simply no way to know who is behind the other cards.

What do you guys think? Can this happen? Is this happening as we speak? Can we do anything about it? Post your theorys and anectodes.

really crazy
but can happen, we never know, money runs the world people can do anything for

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know I may sound a bit paranoid, but this has been a matter that I sometimes think about, and there's probably nothing anyone can do about. I'm not talking about bots, but about people who team up to have a better advantage over other players.

For example, say 100 people enter the same tournament. These people know each other and share their hands to have a better probabilty of winning. Now, these people don't have to be in the same room, they could probably be living in different countries and continents, but have a way to communicate with each other, so, there's no reason for any room to speculate that they're cheating and has no incentive to not put them togheter in the same table.

Now imagine having two of these people in the same table? Knowing each other hands, rasing and reraising to control the action. Now imagine 3 people in the same table... Now more than 4... Imagine being in a table full of people who know each other's cards against you!

Again, I may seem paranoid, but this can be perfectly doable if people are simply willing to cheat... once, in PokerStars, I was about to register to a 20 dollar SnG, once I saw who was also registered, I quickly unregistered as fast as I could . There were at least 15 people already registered, all from Greece, now I have nothing against people from this place, but it's too much of a coincidence to not be taken into consideration... Again it might just be my paranoic self acting up... ? This is actually the reason why I'm making this topic...

This is definitely the worst aspect about online poker, there is simply no way to know who is behind the other cards.

What do you guys think? Can this happen? Is this happening as we speak? Can we do anything about it? Post your theorys and anectodes.

My conscience and character prevent me from cheating.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The players who play in collusion short poker career, they will be detected and closed.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In my opinion - it's all pure imagination, which has nothing to do with reality. You just have to play your game. Accepting both victories and defeats with personal dignity. As a given.

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great ?, there definitely seems like it's happening, especially in Sit n Go's.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The reason for me is that if I was playing for free, I would still be happy. I like to play all types of card games, not just cards either. Chess, backgammon, dominos, ....
I play to get better at the games and show my skills. It would not be fun at all for me if I was cheating. Cheating just to make money? You can steal money a lot easier than a poker site. If you were just a normal every day thief.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Someone is always going find a way to cheat the system. In cash games it seems like it would be done more often. Like others have said it is on you as a player to report anything fishy going on at the tables. I'm sure it happens, that's why I stick to live games more than I do with online. I have better results playing live poker. Online players are tough to read for me.

L

LedZeffelin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Check out these vids proving ACR promotes cheating.