What prevents people from cheating?

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What prevents people from cheating is a lifetime ban from the best poker rooms associated with your SIN #

L

LedZeffelin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've heard collusion happens on cash tables quite a bit.

ACR supports the behavior on the links I posted above? The accounts shown in these You Tube videos have been playing for years. All these names are the same. You can find them there now.

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There will always be someone somewhere trying to scam lie cheat and steal! All we can do is get our money with the best 2 cards!

T

Tyler Finnimore

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People getting banned from the site will always be a reason to prevent people from cheating

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I will always believe in integrity and honor before dishonor or cheating :icon_king:D:icon_king:D

The Riff_Rafff

V

Vlad Nesterenko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know I may sound a bit paranoid, but this has been a matter that I sometimes think about, and there's probably nothing anyone can do about. I'm not talking about bots, but about people who team up to have a better advantage over other players.

What prevents people from teaming up?

For example, say 100 people enter the same tournament. These people know each other and share their hands to have a better probabilty of winning. Now, these people don't have to be in the same room, they could probably be living in different countries and continents, but have a way to communicate with each other, so, there's no reason for any room to speculate that they're cheating and has no incentive to not put them togheter in the same table.

Now imagine having two of these people in the same table? Knowing each other hands, rasing and reraising to control the action. Now imagine 3 people in the same table... Now more than 4... Imagine being in a table full of people who know each other's cards against you!

Again, I may seem paranoid, but this can be perfectly doable if people are simply willing to cheat... once, in PokerStars, I was about to register to a 20 dollar SnG, once I saw who was also registered, I quickly unregistered as fast as I could . There were at least 15 people already registered, all from Greece, now I have nothing against people from this place, but it's too much of a coincidence to not be taken into consideration... Again it might just be my paranoic self acting up... ? This is actually the reason why I'm making this topic...

This is definitely the worst aspect about online poker, there is simply no way to know who is behind the other cards.

What do you guys think? Can this happen? Is this happening as we speak? Can we do anything about it? Post your theorys and anectodes.

there’s nothing to think about, such people, I’m sure there are, but we’d better not just think about it, but trust the room and its security service and believe that people who play unfairly will be punished, and your damage will be compensated