Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I am an average guy in relation to purchasing power, I mean, I play online poker with my pc or my notebook in a simple chair and even then, sometimes I can play good poker. I have seen a few sites on the internet showing players with multiple monitors, pilot chairs and other sophisticated equipments and softs that make life much easier for these players.
But this is not a serious problem for us average players. A small problem arises when players (partners) communicate at the same table sharing their hands in collusion to knock down other players.
In cash games this would be more common, since players can change tables by themselves.
If you see players waiting, on the line, to enter a particular table, be careful, as this may happen.
I would like to know what you think about it.:damnmate:
Thx

Maikl113

Maikl113

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I very rarely see communication in chat at the table. And I don't think in the chat someone will have to come to terms, it is meaningless. To what or to negotiate you have to understand when you can play with one or the other hand, because the opponents are not asleep).

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I very rarely see communication in chat at the table. And I don't think in the chat someone will have to come to terms, it is meaningless. To what or to negotiate you have to understand when you can play with one or the other hand, because the opponents are not asleep).
I did not mean chat on the chat board. I meant another mean of communication. In my opinion, is quite innocent to think it doesn't happen.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I do not think that for a $ 100 freeroll to get up there ... maybe for a substantial pot, and in private rooms I agree with you. There they can enter 3-4 friends and wait for a victim!

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the leading poker sites are very aware of their site/client and more proactive when it comes to dealing with collusion. So while I do think it happens from time to time, I think it happens more so on the smaller sites

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I believe that is the main deterrent for potential players to move to an online room. Well this and legal issues, pfft...:y:

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am an average guy in relation to purchasing power, I mean, I play online poker with my pc or my notebook in a simple chair and even then, sometimes I can play good poker. I have seen a few sites on the internet showing players with multiple monitors, pilot chairs and other sophisticated equipments and softs that make life much easier for these players.
But this is not a serious problem for us average players. A small problem arises when players (partners) communicate at the same table sharing their hands in collusion to knock down other players.
In cash games this would be more common, since players can change tables by themselves.
If you see players waiting, on the line, to enter a particular table, be careful, as this may happen.
I would like to know what you think about it.:damnmate:
Thx

Yes, it absolutely happens. And, can not be stopped.

This can also happen today in live games too. Just a text on the phone is all that is needed.

I would expect to see this more at higher stakes?

Good luck !

Cody5991

Cody5991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never chat in games anymore but that's mostly because it seems the only time someone wants to talk is to say something stupid or to be a bad winner and or loser...

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I never chat in games anymore but that's mostly because it seems the only time someone wants to talk is to say something stupid or to be a bad winner and or loser...
Hi,
Take another look at my question and see that I don't talk about chat window comm. I meant talk to each other by other means of communications, you know...

Good luck

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Everywhere there are bad people who want to take your money by dishonest means. I just hope that the rooms can somehow track this and fight with such players.

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats why theres a time limit to try and minimise these collusions I would think. Also location tracking by IP address I would hope. But I am sure it does happen. Where theres money involved there will be crooks too.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
There are so many stables these days, that sometimes I wonder am I the only one not involved in any. It looks as every high stakes pro wants to create their own stable, and some of them train people as low as playing 1$ tournaments ... considering these stables have private chat groups, discord groups and so on, how likely is it that they share hand histories, hmm. Or when you play a final table with one/some of them :rolleyes: Or later one posts a challenging hand to discuss and everyone adds their reads /stats on the opponent.
That mostly applies to mtt, but the biggest stables expand to cash, spins...

Reality of online poker - you either play against a stable player with unlimited BR, top training, possible cheating/borderline cheating software, possible hand sharing database and so on or against a bot :hello: :goodnight

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is why i never play cash tables not even at the lowest levels i see the same 3 or 4 players at multiple tables

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Thats why theres a time limit to try and minimise these collusions I would think. Also location tracking by IP address I would hope. But I am sure it does happen. Where theres money involved there will be crooks too.
That is for sure!:mad:

C

capujoss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do believe that this happens, but only at the higher stakes. They would not waste their time at the low stake games.

FlushyFab

FlushyFab

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Talking to ppl on a online table is about as enjoyable as making a trip to the DMV.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yes, it absolutely happens. And, can not be stopped.

This can also happen today in live games too. Just a text on the phone is all that is needed.

I would expect to see this more at higher stakes?

Good luck !

Precisely - a simple text or another seperate computer.

Its funny because I listened the other day to a site spokesman/ambassador pointing out how they were combatting such security flaws. In the first place they only dicovered that specific discussed flaw because they were informed about the violator. They then spun a yarn about how they could detect such practices (people using a solver on a seperate computer to the one they were playing on) and that was a crock. Then it was finally admitted they are now trying to trace 'perfect' play. If someone is playing too well, winning too often then they will investigate.

That is not an ability to detect collusion or using external input in real time. And any intelligent cheater(s) is going to cover his tracks. I can understand the poker sites putting a brave face on their 'preventative' measures but would always presume there are sophisticated parties working angles regardless.

Split

Split

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had this idea to gather a team and play online against singles))
interesting for this punished?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Collusion is easy to carry out in online poker, since people can just use any random chat program to communicate or even a phone call. However it is also fairly easy for poker sites to detect. For starters security can look at, if certain players always tend to enter the same cash game tables or single table SnGs. Then next they can detect statistically, if they play different against each other than against other players.

The best advice is to play at a reputable site, which is large enough to employ a security team. And then of course be alert for those signs like someone always showing up together and maybe softplaying each other in a SnG. If you see something suspicious, then report it to security and avoid playing with those people again.

I am also not sure, how many people even attempt this. If someone play 10NL for profit, they can generally have a higher hourly winrate by being on 4-6 tables at the same time than by colluding with a buddy on 1-2 tables. At high stakes, where margins are low, it might make more sense to collude. But there will also be more scrutiny and therefore a higher risk of getting caught.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t usually play cash games, but it was helpful what you said other players were communicating with each other.
Thanks.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have only played the cash tables a couple of times and when I did I noticed a decline in my bankroll balance. I am not saying that they are rigged but I could see how some players could easily collude with a partner on the same table.
With today's tech it would be very easy to talk with a partner over the internet and tell each other what their holding in every hand.
So I returned to the regular sit and go tables and bless my soul my Bankroll recovered and is still growing.

Good luck at the tables!

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It can be only on cash table 4 or 6 max, but it rare to see, because they must be very carefully

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've seen players communicate with others players at the tables but it doesn't seem like collusion, it seems more like congrats for a hand, insults or small talk. However I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, I've just haven't seen it.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've seen players communicate with others players at the tables but it doesn't seem like collusion, it seems more like congrats for a hand, insults or small talk. However I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, I've just haven't seen it.
Maybe my thread is not very clear. When I said they communicate with each other, I meant out of the poker table chat, at another means of communication. You got it?

F

fefibecerra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I completely ignore chats in games, they can easily make me lose my focus.