What is the most frustrating thing about playing poker?

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
When I Lost the hand in river with garbage hand.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
The most frustrating thing is that I was thinking of taking poker seriously and they tell me that the main rooms stop operating in my country and keep my money and do not allow me to enter my account to withdraw my money. I'm talking about 888 and well, poker stars At least I let myself withdraw but I have my money stuck in skrill when I deposited from a card

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
The thing I find most frustrating in poker is losing with a very strong hand, for example AA

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
losing of course, but the best thing about poker is the friends you make along the way.

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The most frustrating aspect of playing poker often lies in the variance—the swings in luck that can result in losing even when making optimal decisions. This element of chance means a player can do everything right, employing strategic plays and calculated risks, yet still end up losing due to the unpredictability of the cards dealt. This unpredictability can be particularly maddening over short periods, where skill is sometimes overshadowed by luck, challenging even the most seasoned players' emotional resilience and bankroll management. Additionally, facing opponents who play unpredictably or 'get lucky' can exacerbate this frustration, especially when a player's well-thought-out strategies are undone by what appears to be reckless play. The challenge of maintaining composure, perspective, and discipline in the face of such variance tests a player’s mental fortitude, making it a fundamental aspect of the game that is both frustrating and, for some, deeply rewarding.

D

darkgonz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PE
Chips
When several bad beats happen in a row, I think it is important to control the emotions that this makes us feel, but many times in a thread it is difficult to cope.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
what is not frustrating about playing poker?

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably the most frustrating thing is the long wait to win the tournament and a lot of Bad beats in a row.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm very upset that I can't break out of the micro-stakes....

P

pokfaq

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
really upsetting to me, and just happend again yesterday, when you finally make it to the top of a tournament 49 out of 3xxx players 30 min before latereg closes and the provider , gg poker, has "technical issuses" and cancels the tournament. Damn boys playing the 5.40 mini main BH Tournament every day and you finally have a good standing and get shut down by pure random bullshit. Made me mad. and i have a huge frustration tolerance . but shit like that really takes the cake.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The most infuriating thing about Poker is the number of Victims I see on a daily basis, This site is Rigged, or this player was a bot, or that guy was just a lucky "Fish" They tend to blame their mistakes on anyone and anything but themselves.
Accepting your own mistakes is probably the first step towards being a better player, Don't try to lay the blame on anyone else and just accept that you are the reason you lost, You took a risk that didn't pay off, So if your Pocket Aces got cracked by a player calling your all-in with a A/Q and he spikes a straight So What? It happens, Get used to it.
Accepting responsibility for your own Actions is a huge step forward, because no one is forcing you to play that A/A, No one is twisting your arm to register and buy-in to a game, and if you cannot afford to buy into a game you are way out of your depth already,
Playing Poker is easy, You can learn the game in 5 minutes, Playing Poker and making a profit from the game can take years, You are not going to get rich over night by depositing $100 and buying into $50 games, Sure it could happen, but if it happened on a regular basis there would be no poker sites, the risk would be just too great,
Find a Bankroll Management Strategy that works for you, and stick to it, I cannot stress how important that is, Some players do not believe in that, but usually they are the same players that use excuses for why they are losing money, Sure I have lost money playing Poker, but I have never lost my own money, it is money I have won in the past and for me that's all that matters.
I play On-line for Fun and I play Live games for Profit, neither of which costs me any money because I use a different Bankroll for each, and both Bankrolls I have built over the 20 odd years I have been playing, I use the same strategy when I go to a Racetrack betting on the races, Sometimes I come away with nothing left of my gambling money, but it is only a small percentage of my Bankroll.
REMEMBER! Never put all your eggs into one basket, and Rome wasn't built in a day, There are no get rich quick schemes that work, because if there was we would all be Rich!

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me the most frustrating part is the ability to find the games I want to play.

You are at the whim of the jurisdictions in which you can play.

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think clearly the bad beat. It's the only thing that really frustrates me, much more so after many hours of playing. But you have to get used to it because it's part of the game.

M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
From giving up a hand of AA, to being eliminated in the bubble, those frustrating things.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I finish 9th on a final table

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most frustrating thing about playing poker is trying and trying and the results don't show up but you shouldn't give up, everything takes time in poker life.