What is the most frustrating thing about playing poker?

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes there are moments when you do everything right, play according to your own rules and principles, but nevertheless, you do not manage to achieve a good result. Every player has days like that, but sometimes those days really frustrate me. I have repeatedly convinced myself that on such days it is simply better to take a break.

pawlo23

pawlo23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
The worst frustration is when you play with an aggressive player who goes all in every time and you only get weak cards.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
d. losing on the river almost every day :))

Aleksandr1991

Aleksandr1991

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Что меня больше всего расстраивает в покере, так это странные ходы.
my friend fully agrees with you

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What causes me the most frustration in poker is “swim, swim and die on the beach”. But usually whenever I get frustrated in poker it's because I made a wrong decision or because luck didn't “smile” at me. Poker, in addition to being difficult, is often inconsistent in its results, this is clear from the loser's point of view. But the victor will certainly have a different version of the same game reality.

ToughSpot

ToughSpot

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
The most frustrating thing for me is that when I have a small stack, I am more likely to lose in heads-up play with a stronger card a player with 3-4 times bigger stack. This is especially seen in freerolls in late registration. When you enter with 2-3 big blinds and the chip leader with 10-20 big blinds goes all-in with "72" and wins my "AK", for example. :confused:
Just like in all sports, skill does become apart of the game and also luck. Just because one studies and works hard does not guarantee anyone any win, ever! How many top end sports players never win a cup but still make it to the Hall of Fame because of how they played? This means that although outcome is intensively important for understanding, often times the journey is just as important if not more important than the outcome itself.

This is one of the frustrating things about poker, studying and skill do not always ensure success, luck plays a part.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Poker players face different sources of stress during each session, but not everyone is affected equally. For poker players, frustration is one of the integral parts of being, which usually appears less often as you move up in your career, but never completely goes away.If the situation haunts you, prevents you from completely immersing yourself in a new activity and causes strong self-doubt.An irritated person loses the ability to think clearly for a short time. Due to the release of stress hormones, his reaction increases, reaching a peak - here the person is almost completely under the influence of hormones.

Achrarock

Achrarock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
MA
Chips
The uncertainty and unpredictability of outcomes, combined with the challenge of reading opponents, can be frustrating for some poker players.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think I'm very impatient and you have to be very patient when it comes to poker. This makes me the most angry. I don't like it when people think about their decisions for a very long time. Long 9-hour tournaments also make you nervous, and especially late registration when it lasts for 2 hours damn it makes me angry

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What upsets me most about poker is the strange moves
Another fun person, who said things like that in forum, and at the tournaments the primary movie it's limp 99% of the time

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Another fun person, who said things like that in forum, and at the tournaments the primary movie it's limp 99% of the time
And he have 16k games Just in 888. Imagine you have this amount of games, and still of the same level game who start playing poker today

C

canbora

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing poorly and making big mistakes. It's frustrating because I did it, it's my own fault.

Sometimes you play well and things don't go your way, but that's ok. There's nothing anyone could do to change that.

There are times when I get caught up in a moment, don't stop to think and make bad choices.

A leak of mine is counter-aggression to me being aggressive. You re-raised my check-raise? You raised the pot to 1.25 x pot bet that I made with an overpair? I sometimes burn a buy-in by moving all in or calling all in in such circumstances without taking time to think how the hand had played out up to that point, or thinking about what kind of player my opponent is.

I'm better at it than I was, I don't do it as often anymore. Of course I don't want to fold every time in the face of counter-aggression either, that would make me so easy to beat. It's these moments where I snap call, or snap move all in without thinking that frustrate me the most. Even if I made the same decision after some thinking time it would be ok. It would be a logical decision rather than an unthinking emotional one.
its funny you bring this up becuase I was just thinking something similar.

Trying to improve ones game and what not is infinite. And I think about the aggression to balance ratio of being smart and not exploited. Many times when I made an instinct call to something like this, not only was I right, but I won. Probably more times than I should lol. And I'm like........why did I do that? Was I ACTUALLY right or is it dumb luck? Preflop, I'm referring to. But post flop my record goes the other way. Which means its balancing itself but I'm thinking this is a huge hole in my game

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Alternatives 2 and 3 don't make much sense.

If you don't have enough money to play in a tournament, you shouldn't even want to play in it, as you hardly have the level to do so.

The growth of your bankroll combined with your evolution as a player will make you achieve this goal when you are ready for it.

Regarding alternative 3, the poker player doesn't have to focus only on winning tournaments but on obtaining the highest possible ROI.

So in my opinion, alternative 1 is certainly the most frustrating, because not knowing if you are progressing is very complicated.

B

Broz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
For those who play the tournament, it's like falling into the FT bubble, especially if it's an important tournament or one that you really want to win.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Alternatives 2 and 3 don't make much sense.

If you don't have enough money to play in a tournament, you shouldn't even want to play in it, as you hardly have the level to do so.

The growth of your bankroll combined with your evolution as a player will make you achieve this goal when you are ready for it.

Regarding alternative 3, the poker player doesn't have to focus only on winning tournaments but on obtaining the highest possible ROI.

So in my opinion, alternative 1 is certainly the most frustrating, because not knowing if you are progressing is very complicated.
Money is important and focusing on the final table gives extra energy even if it doesn't work out!

Bummy

Bummy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I'm saddened by the fact that there are no more normal freerolls in PS, and also that you can waste a lot of time playing tickets and then some fish will move your pocket AAs and go all in with 29

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me online, the worst thing is that the power goes out while I play. In live poker the worst thing for me is having to wait a long time until I am assigned a table. That's why I choose not to have dinner that day so I can arrive early to reserve my place.

Lucho.riv9

Lucho.riv9

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Definitely the badbeats. I hate playing cash tables for hours, gradually winning, only to be almost back to where I started after a badbeat.

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Playing good solid poker and loosing against a player that does everything wrong.In this situations I comfort myself with that in the longrun I will win.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
For me the most frustrating things in poker is when someone takes you out of the game before you enter the prizes and also bad beats and folding low wining hands with big pots.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
1. things are not going the way I want them to
2. I don't have enough money to play everything I want
3. I also want to win a big tournament, but how long will I have to wait?
Hi
What frustrates me is that I always lack time to play. Unfortunately, I can only play in the evenings after work, but sometimes I work so long that I don't have time to play. In addition to patience and discipline, poker also requires a lot of time, which unfortunately I don't have.
Good luck :)

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the number 1 option, because that includes bad beats. It's very frustating when you play well for hours and when it's close to the important part of the tournament, you lose for a very bad hand.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm trying to find a frustrating reason, those who like poker and playing, it's hard to find, remembering that a game is a game, one day everything is in your favor and the next it seems that something is missing, maybe the river will take the candy out of your hand