What is more difficult in poker for you?

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Undoubtedly, no-limit Omaha no-limit hold'em is much more complicated, but with regard to Pot-limit Omaha, here it is not clear that more difficult. The difficulty of a good combination is another reason why hold'em remains the number one in the poker world. The truth is that it is easy to learn to play poker, but in order to learn how to play well, you will need a whole life. Learn the rules and seniority of combinations in hold'em is very simple. Learning the same for Omaha will be harder. For some it is bad, for others it is good. A lot of players like additional difficulties. And it prevents others to fully enjoy the game.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
If NLH is the Cadillac of Poker PLO is more like the Bugatti of Poker.

Your stack goes fast up and down since the variance is higher. Fasten your seat belts and hold on.

Not for the faint of heart.

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i like playing both online and neither present any difficulties, but i do have to pay more attention when playing omaha. however, live is very different for me. nlhe live is a different animal than playing online; however omaha was just way too different from me and i don't think i'll ever play omaha live again. it was just more difficult because i'm so used to playing omaha online

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the moment I have serious problems with both:D To take the word seriously, i think omaha is harder, Holdem is much easier, that's why it's more popular than Omaha.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Some people feel that Omaha is a simpler game in terms of math, because it’s easier to make good hands with four hole cards instead of two. Straight flushes and sets are far more common in this game than in Texas holdem. The latter is more wide-open due to only having two hole cards. Unlike Omaha, you can win more hands in Texas holdem with high pairs and two pairs. But Omaha is a game that sees bigger winning hands. You oftentimes must hold the nuts to win pots on a full-ring table.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Omaha because I know nothing about this style!

:star::laugh:

R

Riversalmon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find Omaha more difficult to learn, I still havent grasped my mind around the way its played

RickoNNN

RickoNNN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:)

I agree the omaha is much more complex !!
:eek:

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For lack of study omaha is more complicated, whenever I study some poker material is about holdem.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In Omaha I don’t usually see big dominance. In HU it’s maybe 60:40 if both are experienced at most.
In Hold’em 90:10 happens

Eric_A

Eric_A

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only like to play hold'em, Omaha is not for me

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tried to play Omaha but I didn’t really like this game.

D

domfudao

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont play omaha.
I prefer Holdem

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't even know how to play omaha so i stick just to poker, and it's more difficult than omaha for me :)

P

pawelmad9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
short deck holdem is the worst game huge swings very tilting

C

Criplgamer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hold em. Omaha is actually pretty straight forward And poker. Learning you HAVE to use both hole cards and the board doesn't play was the hardest part!

After that you can reduce it down to top 10 starting hands/marginal hands /trash.

Learning a straight isn't always the best straight. 3 of a kind likely is a loser and there are tons of people acting that don't understand the game.

They are playing it like hold em.

Hold em, after 16 years . Many books, training courses, online and live play I'm STILL learning daily.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Which is the hardest omaha or holdem.

Good evening everyone.
When I started playing the game, I am not required to use 2 of the 4 cards you receive, along with 3 of the 5 cards on the table.
In my opinion, which is more difficult, and best for those with more technical knowledge and for those who have a good postflop reading.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I prefer holdem. Omaha is too dispersive for me.