What does lucky mean to you in poker?

U

underdog140

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lucky to me means going on a run that variance doesn't kick you up side the head.

Lucky to me means winning a tournament because there were likely hundreds of others with the same goal and regardless of who the winner is that person is lucky.

Lucky to me is finding a site that cashes out in a timely manner.

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck is always there in poker - the lay of the cards. Of course skill is necessary in the betting of the hand, pre-flop and on each street.

I consider luck to play its biggest role in the hands where persons shove as an underdog and come out a winner - since there is no option to bet, raise or fold. The lower the percentage chance to win, the luckier the player should feel.

F

flamerozzy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Answer

winning hands easily when playing wrong

R

rproctor5076

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think that if u can hit a pair with aq ak kq thats usually enough to be considered lucky enough to win a big hand

I

insaneiam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lucky to me is being able to play more hands than folding so many and actually winning a few. most of my hands are foldable at best....lol

R

Russian Idiot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when most players are newbies and they don’t play well. I love when they play irresponsibly, it's great !!!

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lucky means bad beat at river. :)

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well i only play tournaments but being lucky to me is winning the flips during the late game. Winning a few coinflips is the difference between min cashing and taking down a top 3 finish.

ngukim

ngukim

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck to me is is winning first place in a game you were knocked down to 2 blinds or less maybe even more than once during the same game but still you climb back to a commanding chip lead and win it all. Honestly with those odds, you can't just say it was skill that brought you back during those must all-in situations at your lowest stack. Luck to me can also mean fate, surprisingly or not people have won tournaments and cash games against those exact odds and never gave up on themselves when the game felt impossible to win. Luck to me really is "A chip and a chair".

Canaveral

Canaveral

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No luck

I think it's important not to think in terms of luck. It's math and psychology with mathematical variance. The variance is what people think of as luck. But if you think in those terms you are more prone to tilt, or to ignore fundamental principles because you tend to think maybe luck will be on your side this time. Thinking in terms of luck leads to worse poker play IMHO.

T

tayday79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To me, being lucky is not only having a great hand.

But actually having the winning hand while the other players have great hands. :)
being lucky is part of the game. but i hate whan i have pocket AA and the guy still win

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

But actually having the winning hand while the other players have great hands. :)

Lucky means hitting your 1 outer or winning when odds are stacked against you.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
having a winning hand you can lose it, luck is important, especially when you play freeroll tournaments.

Ignoramus380

Ignoramus380

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
“Poker is a combination of luck and skill. People think that it is most difficult to master all the subtleties of mastery, but they are mistaken. The main thing - to subdue luck. This is a whole philosophy. Understanding luck is a philosophy, and some will never comprehend it. This is what distinguishes poker from other games. That's why everyone comes back to the gaming table time after time. ”

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
luck and poker

Poker is mainly skill, knowledge and professionalism. Approximately 70 percent are game skills, the ability to unravel their opponents, a great experience in the knowledge of the psychology of the players. Understand how to use the weaknesses of the players to their advantage. It is also mastering the art of endurance and understanding the importance of patience in the game. Good luck is also a very important component in the game and there is a lot of it that depends. But for me personally, good luck is learning all the subtleties of the game and the ability to play in the most difficult period of the game. When this very luck left you.:deal::deal::deal:

Asixx014

Asixx014

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck to me is hitting a 20%-er or worse. Haha 'nuf said. Real luck is hitting a 1 or 2 outer

T

tayday79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

luck to me is when you have pocket aces and lose to a player with a bad hand

P

PSSucks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck doesn't seem to come easy for me at the poker table, so I'd say that for me being lucky is when I dominate the other player (me: A K Opponent: A Q, for example) and I actually win the hand. I am not exaggerating when I tell you I lose at least 70% of the time when dominating the opponent. It's the strangest thing but true.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its a 40 % of the game, you can play as a master, but luck is luck.

TheBandit

TheBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lucky also means being the 2nd best hand and coming out on top

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, luck is getting something without merit. 99% of the time this is what happens!

Kirs10c

Kirs10c

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck to me ...

Luck comes in different ways -
  1. You're dealt a good hand, that's luck not skill (AA, AK)
  2. You bluff and make out like a bandit (pure luck)
  3. Poker is mostly luck and a little bit of skill
I love the game, it's challenges and the excitement of winning! :D

Ygtszksn

Ygtszksn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have simple idea about what is mean luck at poker ;

Luck > pro > trusting luck